+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: 9/17: Texas Tech game

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 9/17: Texas Tech game

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Say what? What game were YOU watching?
    I was thinking we both kicked 2 FGs instead of 1, and Pawdawg calls FGs stops.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    So, 1 stop for us, 4 for them. We must have had an extra possession?
    If we're using the definition of a stop as anything that's not a touchdown, we stopped TTU 2 times and they stopped us 5 times. Otherwise, just scoring-wise, yes, TTU failed 1 time and we failed 4 times.

They had 10 possessions (not including the ending of halves) and we had 11 possessions.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I was thinking we both kicked 2 FGs instead of 1, and Pawdawg calls FGs stops.
    I think we agree, but are looking at it in a different way.

Bottom line is what GLM said early on...The first quarter was then end of the game for us. One of my friends I was watching the game with kept saying in the second half, "If we could just stop them one time..." We never did.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I think we agree, but are looking at it in a different way.

Bottom line is what GLM said early on...The first quarter was then end of the game for us. One of my friends I was watching the game with kept saying in the second half, "If we could just stop them one time..." We never did.
    We agree. I'm just saying if you follow the B12, this is how the typical game looks.... team with most stops wins, in games that have few stops.... big offenese, bad defenses. They've even forced Patterson to change his style.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Here's the sad part. Most LA Tech fans think Texas Tech will have a great year. But I strongly suspect, Texas Tech will still lose more than its share of BIG XII games this season, and end up being just another "gimmicky offense" that finishes middle of the pack in the Big XII in 2016.

Here's the sad part. Most LA Tech fans think Texas Tech will have a great year. But I strongly suspect, Texas Tech will still lose more than its share of BIG XII games this season, and end up being just another "gimmicky offense" that finishes middle of the pack in the Big XII in 2016.
    I agree. I don't think we would do THAT good. Do you think our program is on par with the top of the B12?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I agree. I don't think we would do THAT good. Do you think our program is on par with the top of the B12?
    Hell no. And I'm really tired of Skip Holtz's teams coming out NOT READY TO PLAY. Why can't we get 4 quarters out of a Skip Holtz team?

This Texas Tech game was a CARBON COPY of the WKU game last year. We got down big early (in this case 21-3. Against WKU, we got down 14-0 in the 1st QTR, and 27-17 at halftime), and spent the rest of the game chasing ghosts.

Hell no. And I'm really tired of Skip Holtz's teams coming out NOT READY TO PLAY. Why can't we get 4 quarters out of a Skip Holtz team?

This Texas Tech game was a CARBON COPY of the WKU game last year. We got down big early (in this case 21-3), and spent the rest of the game chasing ghosts.
    They were similar games... and a similar style of play. Probably throw USM last year in there too. I don't know the answer. We jumped on MT last year (similar style) and WKU 2014. I don't know if it's a philosophy or a fluke at this point. If philosophy, he should have enough evidence to change at this point.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Agreed. Here lately we seem to come out slow more often than coming out fast (which was the norm Sokol's year).

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Agreed. Here lately we seem to come out slow more often than coming out fast (which was the norm Sokol's year).
    It's because Higgins can't get a handle on his nerves. We did fine in Fayetteville with J'Mar early on.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Who knows how TT will do. The Big 12 isn't setting the world on fire this year by any means. Who knows, they very well may finish first. OU, down year. Texas is better but not the Texas of old. TCU, already lost to Arkansas. KState, to early to tell. Kansas still sucks. Baylor having a down year with a new coach.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Who knows how TT will do. The Big 12 isn't setting the world on fire this year by any means. Who knows, they very well may finish first. OU, down year. Texas is better but not the Texas of old. TCU, already lost to Arkansas. KState, to early to tell. Kansas still sucks. Baylor having a down year with a new coach.
    Sonny and the Bad News Bears beat the mighty Longhorns last night.

Bulldog wmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of light wmladawg's Avatar

Our defense could not stop TT offense...period. I was hoping we would start trying onside kicks early in the 3rd quarter and maybe recover a few, knowing that they would score just as easy on a long field as a short field...just saying

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wmladawg View Post
    Our defense could not stop TT offense...period. I was hoping we would start trying onside kicks early in the 3rd period and maybe recover a few, knowing that they would score just as easy on a long field as a short field...just saying
    The more plays our defense stayed on the bench, the better our chances were. Can't believe it took me until the 4th quarter to start thinking like you on this.

+ Reply to Thread