+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chain Gang

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Chain Gang

I may be mistaken but it looked like our own chain gang "penalized" us twice during the SCSt game. On two occasions, SCSt was penalized five yards. Instead of moving to 1st and 5, the chain gang moved the chains to make it 1st and 10. The ref caught it the second time but missed it on the first penalty. Did I see this right?

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Chain Gang

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    I may be mistaken but it looked like our own chain gang "penalized" us twice during the SCSt game. On two occasions, SCSt was penalized five yards. Instead of moving to 1st and 5, the chain gang moved the chains to make it 1st and 10. The ref caught it the second time but missed it on the first penalty. Did I see this right?
    That's odd. Back when I was up there, all of the chain gang were LHSAA white hats.

Regardless, that's all on the Head Linesman for the officiating crew. He or she should have been on top of that and caught both.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    That's odd. Back when I was up there, all of the chain gang were LHSAA white hats.

Regardless, that's all on the Head Linesman for the officiating crew. He or she should have been on top of that and caught both.
    Speaking of officiating crews, I just learned today that a guy that lives in Covington and who works directly for me will be the head referee for our game against UMASS in Foxboro. (I've mentioned this guy on BB&B once before.) Anyway, I told him I was delaying the completion of his employee performance evaluations until after the UMASS game.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Nicely done. Nobody does it better than Chrissie Hynde. (In know, TWHS)

Here's another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Hy7uAb_eU

Puppy truedawg is an unknown

If you are under the impression that the chain gain puts the chain wherever they want, then you are mistaken. The head linesman "spots" the chain and the "down-box" location for every play. Penalties are marked off by the officials and the chain is directed by them. We have had several incidents in the pass where the officials have made mistakes on spotting the ball and making off penalties which have been pointed out by out chain crew, but the chain crew does not make these decisions. I can assure you every effort is being made to ensure the accuracy of first downs, penalties, measurements and all that is involved.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by truedawg View Post
    If you are under the impression that the chain gain puts the chain wherever they want, then you are mistaken. The head linesman "spots" the chain and the "down-box" location for every play. Penalties are marked off by the officials and the chain is directed by them. We have had several incidents in the pass where the officials have made mistakes on spotting the ball and making off penalties which have been pointed out by out chain crew, but the chain crew does not make these decisions. I can assure you every effort is being made to ensure the accuracy of first downs, penalties, measurements and all that is involved.
    I take it that you are, or were a member in the past, of the Tech Chain Gang?

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    SCSU had 4 penalties in the game total.

1st Quarter - False Start on a punt (declined)
    2nd Quarter - Substitution infraction, went from 2nd and 4 to 2nd and 9
    2nd Quarter - Sideline infraction on their interception return. Was 1st and 10 either way on the turnover
    2nd Quarter - Substitution infraction, went from 1st and 10 to 1st and 5. This is the one they got confused about but moved the chains back and fixed it as the next play was starting

+ Reply to Thread