+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opportunity is Knocking!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Opportunity is Knocking!

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I looked it up. The main thing that jumps out is Scott and Craft have only combined for 27 carries in 2 games (13 against Arkansas, 14 against SC State). That seems low to me.

But of those 27 carries, 56% have been for less than 5 yards, 22% for 5-10 yards, and 22% for 10 yards or more. I would say the jury is still out due to not enough evidence yet.
    you need to break that down more to prove your point. 3 yards of less is unacceptable. 4 or 5 is getting the job done.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I would love this scenarios simply for the fact that we would end the season ranked which has never happened. Houston will get the access bowl and there is nothing we can do about it. Even beating Arkansas and going undefeated wouldn't have done it unless Houston stumbled. Conference champ and bowl game is still pretty good. The great news is there isn't a game on this schedule that isn't winnable. We still have 3-4 that are close enough to go either way. Championship teams find ways to win most of those games. We also have to avoid our fairly regular WTF game. With 3 of our 4 challenging games on the road, I would be impressed if we win 3 of the 4.
    Let's hope the Arkansas game was our WTF game

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    you need to break that down more to prove your point. 3 yards of less is unacceptable. 4 or 5 is getting the job done.
    0-3 yards: 13 carries (48%)
    4-5 yards: 4 carries (15%)
    over 5 yards: 10 carries (37%)

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Let's hope the Arkansas game was our WTF game
    Sounds good to me.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

First half of SC State was definitely WTF to me.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

It appears that unless TT has a bad day it's assumed by even Skip that they will score a lot of points. So it seems to me that we need to do at least these (3) things to limit their scoring opportunities and maximize ours:

1. Possess the ball for 60% of the game clock. This would require sustained drives which would require balance. We need 250-300 yds rushing imo.
    2. Limit the big plays by making their offense drive the field and earn each score. This will also take time off clock and limit their opportunities.
    3. Protect the ball on offense. We can turn it over once maybe twice certainly no more.
    4. If we fail at 1-3 then score 63 points bcuz they are averaging 62!

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I looked it up. The main thing that jumps out is Scott and Craft have only combined for 27 carries in 2 games (13 against Arkansas, 14 against SC State). That seems low to me.

But of those 27 carries, 56% have been for less than 5 yards, 22% for 5-10 yards, and 22% for 10 yards or more. I would say the jury is still out due to not enough evidence yet.
    To me, one out of five carries going for 10+ yards is very good. More than anything else, including turnovers, Big Plays win college football games.

My key to this game is YAC. Yards after catch. We HAVE to make the tackle on first contact. Do that and we have a very good chance. We have to limit the number and size of their Big Plays.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

turrible

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    To me, one out of five carries going for 10+ yards is very good. More than anything else, including turnovers, Big Plays win college football games.

My key to this game is YAC. Yards after catch. We HAVE to make the tackle on first contact. Do that and we have a very good chance. We have to limit the number and size of their Big Plays.
    I agree with this. Craft's big 31 yard run against Arkansas right before the half could have been a game-winner if we converted the FG (or had more time on the clock). But at the same time, that was a draw play on 3rd and 10 while Arkansas was in a prevent defense, so it wasn't really our line creating a good seem for Craft in that case.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

The 0-3 yard carries definitely need to be improved on. Small sample size for sure, but right now it looks like a weakness. The next two weeks if we cant run the ball with consistency, we could struggle throughout the year. Thanks for looking this up.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

T1, by zero, do you include yards for loss (i.e. negative run plays and sacks)?

T1, by zero, do you include yards for loss (i.e. negative run plays and sacks)?
    This is every run by Craft and Scott:

Arkansas:

SC State

This is every run by Craft and Scott:

Arkansas:

SC State
    With "-1" I count 13, so I guess that would be a yes

With "-1" I count 13, so I guess that would be a yes
    Only one for negative yardage. We can work with that.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

So, 52% of the time, the run game is getting it done.

How does that compare to some of our peers? Or even Alabama?

+ Reply to Thread