+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Higgins is not the answer

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

Re: Higgins is not the answer

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I've not once mentioned Higgins and the NFL in the same sentence. I don't think he's big enough, nor does have an NFL arm. That doesn't discount that what he's doing is nothing short of amazing. I won't stop short and say he's been average or a little better than I expected. No, he's been outstanding, and much, much better than I expected. I thought we'd be a mediocre team with a mediocre quarterback. We're not. We're a pretty good team that is a couple of plays shy of being a great team, and Higgins is having the second-best season for a QB in Louisiana Tech history. I'm judging him based upon what he's doing on the college level. Luke McCown was a great college quarterback who has made a ton of money in the NFL who played in the same offense as Tim Rattay, and he didn't come close to doing what Ryan Higgins is doing this year. Colby Cameron played on one of the most successful offenses in school history, and his numbers are going to pale in comparison to the ones Higgins is putting up this year. Yes, Higgins is blessed with two dynamic receivers, but if I recall, Cameron also played with two NFL receivers in Quinton Patton and Myles White. Is Higgins perfect? No, he's not. But he's been incredibly efficient and proficient this season, and I think we look foolish if we try to say otherwise. Don't be that guy.
    Well said Professor! With as many passes as Ryan throws, I am truly impressed that he has so few interceptions. He is doing what Skip wants and the TEAM is flourishing. Sure he has great receivers but he throws the ball so they can catch it.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    FYI, folks around Ruston should be careful labeling loyal Tech fans who questioned who the best QB was to start as a "lunatic fringe". I feel like Ruston folks are frequently too close to the situation to be objective.
    This is clearly true. LA Tech needs more "lunatic fringe" fans anyway.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    This is clearly true. LA Tech needs more "lunatic fringe" fans anyway.
    Yes, they are better than the ones who get excited about Tech when lsu sucks or isn't playing.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

I suppose Higgins is not too bad . . .

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Higgins has been amazing and HCSH and Coach Tim Rattay were 100% right on him all along!

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I suppose Higgins is not too bad . . .
    Higgins rushed for over 100 yards 2nd only to Boston Scott. Not bad by someone battling a groin injury.all season. Someone I would have in my foxhole any day.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I am really happy for him and us having success. The coaches were right indeed.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Is he ok? Thought he had some problem with his hamstring with the play right before half time.

+ Reply to Thread