+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Criticizing Athletes

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

Criticizing Athletes

Have ranted about criticizing athletes on here before....and I will NOT stop criticizing little people who criticize college athletes. Jump on the coaches all you want, but I think you're a way out of line to criticize a Division I athlete. About the only people I'd get on board with criticizing athletes are people who have actually played the positions in real life (Madden games do not count). It's been my experience that every sierra delta in the world is a Monday morning quarterback, "I could've done it" wanna be. Ripping athletes who, by en large, are doing what they do for the love of the game is bush league. Pure and simple.

Coaches are paid to get these young men ready to play. If a player isn't performing up to your high standard, blame the coach. Unless you've thrown a football in a full speed game, your credibility is just about zero. Unless you've tried to catch an oblong ball coming at your at high speeds while behemoths are ready to level you, your credibility is non-existent, to me... But, I know it makes many of you feel better to vent.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Criticizing Athletes

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post
    Have ranted about criticizing athletes on here before....and I will NOT stop criticizing little people who criticize college athletes. Jump on the coaches all you want, but I think you're a way out of line to criticize a Division I athlete. About the only people I'd get on board with criticizing athletes are people who have actually played the positions in real life (Madden games do not count). It's been my experience that every sierra delta in the world is a Monday morning quarterback, "I could've done it" wanna be. Ripping athletes who, by en large, are doing what they do for the love of the game is bush league. Pure and simple.

Coaches are paid to get these young men ready to play. If a player isn't performing up to your high standard, blame the coach. Unless you've thrown a football in a full speed game, your credibility is just about zero. Unless you've tried to catch an oblong ball coming at your at high speeds while behemoths are ready to level you, your credibility is non-existent, to me... But, I know it makes many of you feel better to vent.
    Now that you've vented, do you feel better?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Really, what a turd.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

@OP:

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

. I remember when Adarius Barnes was ridiculed on BBB and I irritated lots of folks by starting AB fan club. My first post years ago was about argument at Grambling game in Shreveport with 2 guys in Tech gear harassing OUR Qb. Over half the response on BBB were irritated at me.
    Last week people were wanting to bench Craft ( after over 150 yards) TT was hammered for fumble-- so was Dixon. 5 th most yardage in game last week and Higgins needed to be benched.

So I agree that anyone who chooses to play for Tech deserves respect--- but BBB is a part of the new generation of Social media that allows bullying about everything. I keep coming back because most posters have same passion for Tech as me and best way to get great info.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Most of us aren't ridiculing the person. We can plainly see when an athlete isn't performing and wish we would "employ" or at least had another option. Non of us are criticizing the effort or dedication of our players. We know they do their best to represent us. That doesn't mean we can't observe that some players just don't have the necessary skill set.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

I wish no ill will towards Higgins - I want him to improve and lead us to a CUSA championship and a bowl win. I do apologize for typing that he sucks in another thread.

He is a fellow bulldog and I want each player to do as well as humanly possible. I do want Holtz to put the team in the best possible position to win.

I'll trust him on that topic for the first few CUSA games.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    I wish no ill will towards Higgins - I want him to improve and lead us to a CUSA championship and a bowl win. I do apologize for typing that he sucks in another thread.

He is a fellow bulldog and I want each player to do as well as humanly possible. I do want Holtz to put the team in the best possible position to win.

I'll trust him on that topic for the first few CUSA games.
    Good for you. It's ALWAYS on the coaches. They recruit the players, and they pick the players to put on the field. Good coaches win. Poor coaches lose.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Good for you. It's ALWAYS on the coaches. They recruit the players, and they pick the players to put on the field. Good coaches win. Poor coaches lose.
    The best coaches are the ones that grow our two and three-star players into four-star and NFL type players.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not always on the coaches. 1 example would be that Kenneth Dixon was coached to be a stud I suppose (if you look at it that way), but absolutely killed us a couple of games with silly fumbles. I think he did improve with the fumbles over time, but coaches really can't control that. You can't sit a talent like that on the bench because he also helped us win a ton of games. Stuff happens.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Thanks for your post!!! I agree and hope that group can have some positive dialogue about the good things we have working at Louisiana Tech. Student athletes don't set depth charts, playing time, schemes, plays called, etc, coaching staff does... All they can do is execute and even the greatest of all time fall short from time to time.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Most of us aren't ridiculing the person. We can plainly see when an athlete isn't performing and wish we would "employ" or at least had another option. Non of us are criticizing the effort or dedication of our players. We know they do their best to represent us. That doesn't mean we can't observe that some players just don't have the necessary skill set.
    What is Higgins supposed to do???? Tell HCSH and staff that he thinks Smith is better and should be playing so we can plan for the future?????

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I will ask one simple question -

What was Higgins stats if you remove the last two basically meaningless drives?

Remember this is against one of the most porous defenses in all of football...

I don't blame Higgins - I actual blame Holtz's defensive scheme and lack of slow adjustments both offensively and defensively and settling for points instead of trying to score from the 3 KNOWING a FG is usually meaningless against Guns Up
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Really all drives were meaningless after the score was 14-3. It was just practice after that.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Really all drives were meaningless after the score was 14-3. It was just practice after that.
    Yes - especially when it reached 21-3
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread