+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: On campus today

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Re: On campus today

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    The engineering building was not part of the bond package, as it's not a revenue producing facility. As I understand it, the state appropriated the money for it several years ago. In addition, Tech met its private fundraising goal for the project. More than likely, Tech is waiting on a final Notice to Proceed on the project. But the money is already there.

The bond sales took place on August 8, so I suspect the dorm project will begin very soon.

The one project that is apparently being held up is the replacement for Wyly Tower. Governor Edwards line-item vetoed the $150,000 initial appropriation for the project, which was apparently for planning for the new building.
    Thanks for the update and clarification on bond vs non-bonded projects.... I refer back to your comments, see below from 7/25/16 in another part of the forum, asking similar questions about the timeline of the 2020 plan and I as well would like to see an update.

It's interesting to see how much has changed since this plan was given to the Administration in 2014. Plans for Wyly Tower, Prescott Library, as well as parking garages along Tech Drive at the old Nat location and along California have all changed in the past 2 years alone. I would love to have a more comprehensive report from Tech on what else has changed. Will Tech Green actually happen? Will the old bookstore eventually come down? When will the renovation to the Student Center begin?

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post
    Thanks for the update and clarification on bond vs non-bonded projects.... I refer back to your comments, see below from 7/25/16 in another part of the forum, asking similar questions about the timeline of the 2020 plan and I as well would like to see an update.

It's interesting to see how much has changed since this plan was given to the Administration in 2014. Plans for Wyly Tower, Prescott Library, as well as parking garages along Tech Drive at the old Nat location and along California have all changed in the past 2 years alone. I would love to have a more comprehensive report from Tech on what else has changed. Will Tech Green actually happen? Will the old bookstore eventually come down? When will the renovation to the Student Center begin?
    Agreed. I've reached out to several people over the past few months and received conflicting information about certain projects. But I wouldn't characterize any of the projects Tech has chosen to move forward with as being stalled out - at least not at this point. The plan is something that was presented to Tech by the consultants involved. It doesn't mean Tech has chosen to move forward with everything they've recommended. Tech Green, for example, is probably not going to happen.

They're moving forward and making progress about as quickly as I expected given the red tape every university in Louisiana has to deal with.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Looks to me like projects are on hold or stalling out basis Dr. Guice's 2016 New Years Letter:
    http://guiceblog.latech.edu/2016/01/...ighter-future/

In 2016, we will begin construction of the Integrated Engineering and Science Education building, initiate new student housing and parking projects, and begin the design of a magnificent new library. Several other projects are in various stages of planning and completion, and all of them will support Tech’s growth.

Per my multiple trips to campus since last summer, the only project on his list that is visibly moving forward is parking where Nat used to stand. What about the engineering building that was supposed to have ground breaking last spring was that part of bond package as well?
    dirt work on California has already started.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I don't think that dirt work is the engineering building.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Engineering building will be just east of Bogard behind Tech Pointe on Dan Reneau Drive. There is a sign indicating future location of building. It is a gravel parking area at this time. California dirt work may be beginnings of new Graham and Adams replacements. Will check it out next weekend.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Engineering building will be just east of Bogard behind Tech Pointe on Dan Reneau Drive. There is a sign indicating future location of building. It is a gravel parking area at this time. California dirt work may be beginnings of new Graham and Adams replacements. Will check it out next weekend.
    it is the new dorms where Pearce lumber used to be.

it is the new dorms where Pearce lumber used to be.
    My understanding is new Graham will be directly in front of old Graham. We will lose the airplane for the dorm I think I read somewhere.'Old Graham to be torn down for parking.

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

From President Guice's Facebook (yesterday):

Business building expansion

concrete parking east of business building

Natatorium site excavation in prep for parking

softball/campus parking ready for asphalt

pressbox/suites foundation construction

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I do not remember a street on that side of Memorial Gym, but there probably was. So I guess access to the new parking lot will be from that side.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I do not remember a street on that side of Memorial Gym, but there probably was. So I guess access to the new parking lot will be from that side.
    The plan for that site was a parking garage with access from both sides - entrances on Tech drive on the lowest level and access to the road on the other side from a higher level. Not sure if that's still the case.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the street that runs beside AE Phillips and in front of the band building.

I thought the area where the natatorium was going to be part of the extended green space from the Quadrangle to Tech Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Yeah, the street that runs beside AE Phillips and in front of the band building.

I thought the area where the natatorium was going to be part of the extended green space from the Quadrangle to Tech Drive.
    Mayfield Avenue. Had to look it up because I could never remember the name of that street when I was in school much less now. In the plan Tech Green ends at Mayfield. The plan has had a placeholder structure where the old Nat was located for what is now going to be parking.

Also, I would really like Tech Green to remain in the plan.

For those of you who haven't been back to campus in a while you can always "tour" the campus by using the Google Street View. The latest is from June, 2016.

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.5240023,-92.6465723,3a,75y,6.17h,89.32t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sz3Bm73cdRQYREPO3cr6qHA!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

Thanks Historian, here's the nearly same view back in June 2016:

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Fall 2016 Enrollment numbers came out today at 12,694 which is 2.3% increase over Fall 2015.
    http://news.latech.edu/2016/09/21/lo...reshman-class/
    Looks like business is good at Louisiana Tech. Awesome!

+ Reply to Thread