+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: On campus today

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: On campus today

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Would love for a developer to invest in the area of California/Adam street at the south entrance of campus. It doesn't look good with a rundown Tire/Rim place and a sad looking Subway shop.
    Tech should just buy those properties and move those businesses out to somewhere else.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Dawg View Post
    Thanks Historian, here's the nearly same view back in June 2016:

So, they removed those Pine trees that are on the side of the road? Not Cool. Not cool at all.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

The business building's extension is off by about two inches. Too much concrete. That company also out of business. going to be covered easily enough.

Still, I'm not sure the building as a whole will last long. But I also haven't liked anything about the construction.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    So, they removed those Pine trees that are on the side of the road? Not Cool. Not cool at all.
    They were dead, essentially. Every storm, big and small, large chunks of tree would fall. I think one tree did fall.

A lot of our few trees were dead and have been cut down.

But, I also think these particular trees would be in the way of a parking garage, so needed to be removed regardless.
    Last edited by JuBru; 09-24-2016 at 12:52 AM.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Update from Dr Guice's blog today:

We have also seen the growth of our physical campus as new residential life facilities have broken ground, more parking gets closer to completion, the business building expansion continues, and the stadium pressbox/suites project gets its foundation. And there are other projects in the works including the Integrated Engineering and Science Education Building that is awaiting approval for bidding. We are also planning for more campus lighting, walkways and tree planting in the near future. And our campus food services partner Aramark is making some updates in our food court. I will provide more info later on all of these things and more.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Aramark is still around.....I am sure all the LSU travel ball families will be working our football concession stands again......what a shame

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Tech should just buy those properties and move those businesses out to somewhere else.
    There was a big stink a couple of years ago about trying to re-zone the land on Adams. There is an empty lot behind the tire store, and the residents around that area didn't want it turned into businesses.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I believe it was that way until 1965 when the student population exploded to 6000. Someone probably has the figures. It was 8000 by 1968.
    First wave of Baby Boomers.

The same cohort that's now seeking to remove all the infrastructure that was built specifically to accommodate them.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Just plant some more. They are like weeds.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    First wave of Baby Boomers.

The same cohort that's now seeking to remove all the infrastructure that was built specifically to accommodate them.
    Ah yes. The Greatest Generation (Johnson, McNamara, the Bundy's, Nixon, etc) tried to get rid of us. They only managed to kill around 50,000 of us. I was one of the lucky ones who survived.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Tech's MBB twitter took some drone pics of campus construction...

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

The parking lot over by the art building looks nice. Good additional game day parking. Not a bad walk to the stadium.

The Education and Band building needs an upgrade.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    The parking lot over by the art building looks nice. Good additional game day parking. Not a bad walk to the stadium.

The Education and Band building needs an upgrade.
    Absolutely, but a Carson-Taylor replacement has to be our top priority for the next major academic building project. It's a dump, and everybody from COES and ANS has to take classes and labs in there. I can't imagine taking prospective students on a tour through CTH.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Absolutely, but a Carson-Taylor replacement has to be our top priority for the next major academic building project. It's a dump, and everybody from COES and ANS has to take classes and labs in there. I can't imagine taking prospective students on a tour through CTH.
    CTH is the I-10 bridge of the campus.

Somehow I found the building review document from several years back (I think it was related to the Master Plan stuff that was floating around) and most buildings scored fine (and very good in the case of newer buildings like the IfM), but CTH scored so low it was recommended to be immediately demolished.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Carson-Taylor was built in the late 50s or 61 at the latest. I thought is was a dump in 1965-1969. I had six chemistry courses and two physics courses there. When new it provided much needed class room space but I agree it needs to be replaced or upgraded (Probably not feasible to upgrade). The old Chemistry building sat beside the English building on the Quad across from Keeny where the book store is now. I can't remember having classes there but did in the English building. Or maybe what we called the English building was the old Chemistry building. Thankfully we got Madison my junior year which makes it 49 years old. For that matter the Education Complex is 48 years old. I can't believe that Robinson is still there right beside the new Hale.

That new parking lot is where the practice football field was and of course the Natatorium later. The swimming pool was originally outdoor. What were they thinking? They could only have classes in the summer which I don't believe they did.

+ Reply to Thread