+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Season Ticket Sales Numbers

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Season Ticket Sales Numbers

Crickets from the TAC basement. If numbers are down (very likely), it will not be on the ticket sales staff. It will be on our AD and his ticket sales expert (Marco).

Varsity Bulldog wce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Season Ticket Sales Numbers

His obvious solution will be one that worked so well this year...charge a $200 instead of $100 privilege tax on seats next year. (note the sarcasm here).

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Someone inside the athletic department told me a couple of weeks ago that our season ticket sales are down 15% Y/Y.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Someone inside the athletic department told me a couple of weeks ago that our season ticket sales are down 15% Y/Y.
    At least.

Our AD will never give the numbers w/out us forcing him to.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

Our AD will never give the numbers w/out us forcing him to.
    Yeah; why some folks might even question why he got a raise in pay if the numbers were released ??

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Yeah; why some folks might even question why he got a raise in pay if the numbers were released ??
    He got a raise because a couple of big boosters like him. I understand that. They give BIG money, but he should still be held accountable to us peons.

Amazing that none of those who have a crush on him will come to his defense.

It must be a similar feeling to the one I had when W won the presidency over AlGore.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

In other news, water is wet.

Potential buyers who live beyond two hours away (hint - most alumni) are being extremely generous buying season tickets with this 5 game home schedule.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

With as much bad luck with rain as we've had, Id probably be reluctant to buy a season ticket if I lived over an hour or more away. And we have a Thursday night game. And only 5 games. Its a pretty bad combo for expecting good numbers.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

this AD is going to have problems with season ticket sales if the home schedule does not improve dramatically in the next couple of year. this year really was a sour note with me......we must have 6 home games at a minimum....

.....but the AD's biggest problem is that outside a family of boosters, no one else likes him.....I have not met a single Tech fan that has interacted with him that has a positive thing to say about him....not one positive thing. I am sure he is a nice guy and great family man....but his inability to get quality home schedules for MBB and FB and the perceived lack of interest in the average fan base will be his undoing....

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    In other news, water is wet.

Potential buyers who live beyond two hours away (hint - most alumni) are being extremely generous buying season tickets with this 5 game home schedule.
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    With as much bad luck with rain as we've had, Id probably be reluctant to buy a season ticket if I lived over an hour or more away. And we have a Thursday night game. And only 5 games. Its a pretty bad combo for expecting good numbers.
    Amen to that, too. Your point is well made. But remember, most of us that live over a couple of hours away are not buying season tickets expecting a personal return on investment. Rather, we do it FOR THE PROGRAM. Like many fans here on BB&B, I love the school, love the program, and love the sport. Louisiana Tech is part of me. Thus, I see it as a way to stay connected to some of the things I love and appreciate.

Fans looking for a "value" purchase, need to remember that this isn't WalMart. That said, on a cost per game basis, a LA Tech football or basketball ticket is still one of the best value buys for entertainment anywhere. Compared to an SEC venue or a big city professional sports game, a LA Tech ticket will still entertain you for 3-5 hours and leave you walking away with most of your money still in your pocket.

T-Mac did the LA Tech fan base a real disservice with scheduling this year, in both football and mens basketball. At this point, most of us are willing to hold our nose and live with it. For now. But he needs to right the ship sharply, and prove he can schedule home games like a big boy going forward.

Somebody is bound to point out that our MBB HC sets up his own schedule. It has been that way in the past, but it appears the micro-manager has take that over too.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    this AD is going to have problems with season ticket sales if the home schedule does not improve dramatically in the next couple of year. this year really was a sour note with me......we must have 6 home games at a minimum....

.....but the AD's biggest problem is that outside a family of boosters, no one else likes him.....I have not met a single Tech fan that has interacted with him that has a positive thing to say about him....not one positive thing. I am sure he is a nice guy and great family man....but his inability to get quality home schedules for MBB and FB and the perceived lack of interest in the average fan base will be his undoing....
    I honestly don't know that many people who have met him. I have never met him. He walks past us every game day at The Joe and has never stopped. He has never visited our section at basketball games. Not that we are a big deal, but he doesn't stop to talk to ANYBODY.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I honestly don't know that many people who have met him. I have never met him. He walks past us every game day at The Joe and has never stopped. He has never visited our section at basketball games. Not that we are a big deal, but he doesn't stop to talk to ANYBODY.
    As opposed to Les Guice who makes a point of greeting everyone and taking time to talk.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    This should be tattooed on the AD's back as punishment for this year schedule.

+ Reply to Thread