+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Horrific defense

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

Re: Horrific defense

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    It's all a lack of technique and being out of position. Not reading keys, not recognizing the other teams plays and poor positioning. Our defense is not attacking but reacting and poorly at that.

We have the athletes/players to have a good D. They are handicapped by their coaches.

This is 100% correct

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Terence32 View Post
    This is 100% correct
    I agree. Do you agree that Hester is a coach?

I have not said our DC was not at fault, but I'm tired of our fans ignoring the faults of our S&C coach like he is the second coming of Obama.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

I have not said our DC was not at fault, but I'm tired of our fans ignoring the faults of our S&C coach like he is the second coming of Obama.
    Go work out with him and report back to us.

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

lol what faults are you talking about? No one has out manned us physically or with speed.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

We suck on defense because we practice that way. The defense needs to be able to lay the wood on the offense in practice. If not, they will pull up like they do in games.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Go work out with him and report back to us.
    My missed tackles due to weakness are not in question. Go back and look at how many time we had 'em wrapped up and let them go due to weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence32 View Post
    No one has out manned us physically or with speed.
    Then you have not watched our defense this year.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    Diaz was smart and designed schemes to take advantage of the talent or lack thereof that we had. Baker is just bafoon and in way over his head. This reminds me of the Bicknell daze.

^^^THIS!!!!

Then you have not watched our defense this year.

Then you need to take a football 101 class again, you obviously need to learn more about the game

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

There are small guys who are good tacklers, there are big, strong guys who can't tackle well. It's a technique issue.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

The times our players have done it right, they're still being stood up, knocked back, dropped off, etc. That's strength.

Several of of defensive players are weak and slow. Baker should teach them better techinique.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    The times our players have done it right, they're still being stood up, knocked back, dropped off, etc. That's strength.
    The big problem I see is from the corners. They are getting juked, taking bad angles, getting out run, and attacking shoulder pads. I'm not seeing a power running game pushing our guys around (like 2013 Rice).

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

Average Salaries of Defensive Coordinators:

SEC— $800,000-$950,000

Big 12—$375,000-$500,000

B1G— $250,000-$750,000

Blake Baker's Salary— $140,000

Skip Holtz Salary — $500,000 (plus $500,00 from his UCF contract= $1,000,000)

Bottom Line: La Tech does not have the budget of a P5 school and due to the rural setting of Ruston, we never will. I want Tech to excel just as much as anyone else but the school cannot spend money that is not have. In the end, you get what you pay for. I don't like it but it is what it is.... This doesn't mean that we will always have bad assistants. It just means that we will never keep them or establish consistency. We've all heard the old saying, "cream rises to the top." At La Tech, cream rises to the top and then it bolts to a higher paying school. It seems to me that the incentive to coach well at La Tech for the sake of coaching well has never really existed. The incentive of being a good coach at Tech is simply to prove that you are worthy of coaching for a P5. History has taught us this. As any 5th grade history teach will tell you, the reason that we study history is because it tends to repeat itself.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

S&C isn't the issue its fundamentals
    I thought we played sound (not great) defense in first half
    but completely unsound in 2nd half
    We got some pressure first half but none on 2nd
    We contained their run game in first half - not so much in the 2nd
    We tackled much better in first half than in the 2nd
    Simply got out coached & out played in 2nd half

+ Reply to Thread