+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possessions for 2016 Season

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Possessions for 2016 Season

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    First post updated. Game was rather boring.
    THERE it is......the "B" word. TRUTH! Remember, I told ya so.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I heard on the post game radio (haven't checked for myself) that LA Tech ran only 50 offensive plays against UTEP after running twice that many plays against MTSU the previous week.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

And only 6 points less than last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    And only 6 points less than last week.
    It's not a high scoring offense.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I heard on the post game radio (haven't checked for myself) that LA Tech ran only 50 offensive plays against UTEP after running twice that many plays against MTSU the previous week.
    That is true. I think it was 96 against MT

Puppy MikeH is on top of his/her gameMikeH is on top of his/her gameMikeH is on top of his/her gameMikeH is on top of his/her gameMikeH is on top of his/her gameMikeH is on top of his/her gameMikeH is on top of his/her gameMikeH is on top of his/her gameMikeH is on top of his/her gameMikeH is on top of his/her gameMikeH is on top of his/her game

I sure think the offense improved quite a bit against that UTEP defense.
    In Game 11 last year (and I know it was in EL Paso).

If you look at yards per attempt, that was down, 8.5 to 6.8 but almost every other number was better Saturday.

2016 game Won 28-7 vs. 2015 Won 17-15)
    More Points, Yards, Td's, First Downs and Time of Possesion.

Fewer Turnover, Penalties, Punts. Also we had a better TD % in RedZone, had higher Completion %, Better 3rd down conversion %,

Last Year we had drives of -7yards( for a Safety), -1 yard, 1 yard, and 2 yards(4X)

We had 7 drives end with Punts, a fumble and a safety.

They held Dixon to 39yards rushing and Trent Taylor had 3 catches for 12yds.

Besides the last play to run out the clock.
    This year we averaged 48.4 yards per possession.
    Last year we only made 12 first downs, but we did have a 54 yard TD to Carlos.

I like the deep bombs for TD's, but I agree consistency is important too.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
    I sure think the offense improved quite a bit against that UTEP defense.
    In Game 11 last year (and I know it was in EL Paso).

If you look at yards per attempt, that was down, 8.5 to 6.8 but almost every other number was better Saturday.

2016 game Won 28-7 vs. 2015 Won 17-15)
    More Points, Yards, Td's, First Downs and Time of Possesion.

Fewer Turnover, Penalties, Punts. Also we had a better TD % in RedZone, had higher Completion %, Better 3rd down conversion %,

Last Year we had drives of -7yards( for a Safety), -1 yard, 1 yard, and 2 yards(4X)

We had 7 drives end with Punts, a fumble and a safety.

They held Dixon to 39yards rushing and Trent Taylor had 3 catches for 12yds.

Besides the last play to run out the clock.
    This year we averaged 48.4 yards per possession.
    Last year we only made 12 first downs, but we did have a 54 yard TD to Carlos.

I like the deep bombs for TD's, but I agree consistency is important too.
    Game wasn't played in gusts up to 40 mph win like it was in El Paso last year, and everyone still hated the fact we played horrible on offense against them last year, when the year before in Ruston we lit them up light a cheap roman candle...

28pts against a Miner defense that looked horrific their first 4 games was very anemic - especially considering the fact that 3 of the other 4 possessions were basically 3 and outs and the other one was a total of 6? plays

We enjoy having player's parents on the board and welcome their insights -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Our offense efficiency climbed from #25 in the natio to #21, so scoring TDs on 50% of your drives must be pretty good?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Our offense efficiency climbed from #25 in the natio to #21, so scoring TDs on 50% of your drives must be pretty good?
    In some situations yes - others no

Considering the opponent, I would not hang my hat on it

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I was curious to see what Southern Miss and Texas did to their defense.

USM: 12 drives, 3 TDs, 2 FGs (scored on 42% of their drives). 378 yards.
    Texas: 13 drives, 5 TDs, 2 FGs (scored on 54% of their drives). 416 yards.
    Tech: 8 drives. 4 TDs (scored on 50% of our drives). 387 yards.

About the same, right?

I was curious to see what Southern Miss and Texas did to their defense.

USM: 12 drives, 3 TDs, 2 FGs (scored on 42% of their drives). 378 yards.
    Texas: 13 drives, 5 TDs, 2 FGs (scored on 54% of their drives). 416 yards.
    Tech: 8 drives. 4 TDs (scored on 50% of our drives). 387 yards.

About the same, right?
    I see you left the Army numbers out

USM and TECH similar in the end...

Prior to the two 4th quarter drives TECH was .333%

Texas, due to the blow-out don't know how much of that % was main players and how much was scrubs

We know TECH's was 100% starters

Yeah, Army is nothing like us.

The scores were about the same too though, even though they had more possessions for their offense than we did:

USM: 34-7 (10 points in 4th quarter)
    Texas: 41-7 (7 points in 4th quarter)
    Tech: 28-7 (14 points in 4th quarter)

The bigger difference was defense. UTEP had 258 on USM, 208 on Texas, 415 yards on Tech.

Here's a good stat (and a fair one, I believe):

The score vs UTEP after 8 possessions:

USM: 24-7
    Texas: 20-7
    La Tech: 28-7

Here's a good stat (and a fair one, I believe):

The score vs UTEP after 8 possessions:

USM: 24-7
    Texas: 20-7
    La Tech: 28-7
    Hmmmm - nice try...

I think the score and possession % at the end of the 3rd quarter is probably a more true reflection of the ballgame that was played

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Hmmmm - nice try...

I think the score and possession % at the end of the 3rd quarter is probably a more true reflection of the ballgame that was played
    What? You just want us to only count 6 possessions.

Through the first 6 possessions:

USM: 17-7
    Texas: 13-7
    Tech: 14-0

+ Reply to Thread