+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Highs and lows in Cusa

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Highs and lows in Cusa

I have some hope for the defense. We held Arkansas under 300 total yards. Only Alabama was able to do that last year. We held SC State under 300 yards, but the defense started showing signs for concern.

Then Texas Tech smoked us and made them look ridiculous. But they do that to most teams, so what do we really have? Then we hold MT to 7 points in the first half, and I'm back to thinking we are pretty good on defense, it was Texas Tech!! Then in the 3rd and 4th quarter, MT looked like Texas Tech.

So now I'm wondering if we just suck against that style of offense.... a heavy passing, spread, up tempo who are very proficient running and passing. But we looked lost on defense... out of position, poor tackling, bad angles, etc.

I think they are good enough to do well against everyone left on our schedule except WKU and Southern Miss. We are going to need to improve drastically for those 2 games. They are both spread, good QBs, good RBs, a lot of pressure on defenses to play disciplined.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I honestly think the big back from UTEP will rip them up and this game will be closer than most of us want it to be -

We had better score points and we had better score them in bunches
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I honestly think the big back from UTEP will rip them up
    Well if he does it won't be because we aren't extremely strong and in excellent shape. It will be because our DC didn't teach them how to tackle properly.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

They have a similar offensive style as Arkansas... doubt they are as talented/strong. (106 yards rushing to Arkansas by a bunch of weak, out of shape guys is pretty awesome job by Blake Baker)

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    They have a similar offensive style as Arkansas... doubt they are as talented/strong. (106 yards rushing to Arkansas by a bunch of weak, out of shape guys is pretty awesome job by Blake Baker)
    Question: Isn't Arkansas a little overrated at this point? They barely beat us, they beat a TCU team that has a bad defense (SMU was in the game with TCU till late 3rd with a backup QB), Texas State who is garbage, and they lost by 3 TDS to A&M. Is Arkansas a bowl team? Yes, but they aren't sniffing an SEC Championship. Let's quit acting like they are world beaters. Not saying we are bad either, just Arkansas hasn't impressed me a ton.

Sagarin has them at #26 this week.

#83 La Tech (1 pt win)
    #17 TCU (OT Win)
    #163 Texas St (39 pt win)
    #6 Texas A&M (21 pt loss)

26 looks a little high, the TCU win is helping a lot.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Arkansas shouldnt have lost by that much. Beilema was about as stubborn and bad as Holtz within the 10 yard line. Except they kept running it, while passing would have suited them better. They just imploded at the end.

Both games I watched that day, the team I wanted to win lost :/

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    I just don't understand why this isn't being talked about more. This is THE obvious issue with this team. Nothing else.
    The offense is very good with suspect play calling at critical times. Special teams is adequate.
    well.... after the team lost to WKU last season i think it was apparent that things needed to change.

I shouldn't be watching a defense that rivals the 2013 all over again. How Arkansas and MT scored their last touchdowns are some of the many examples that Baker needs just doesn't get it

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I honestly think the big back from UTEP will rip them up and this game will be closer than most of us want it to be -

We had better score points and we had better score them in bunches
    is Courtney Wallace hurt? How about Trent and Carlos ?

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I the day I expect or accept a loss to a program like middle is the day they close the lid on my casket.

Good thing I'm not the coach of this team. If my defensive coaches can't do better than this then hit the road. I will just do it myself.
    started answer to this earlier and decided t not post. having followed Tech for 50 years I found I have to accept a loss and move on. I did not sleep Sat night.. sick over loss and the way it unfolded. I know we see top 20 teams get beat by mid level schools every week --when it happens I am not surprised. As to expect loss -- I posted 2-2 . felt we could handle MT .. but I expect every team we play to have a chance to win just as I have learned we have chance to win every game .... I believe we can win out -- I also believe that WK and SM can win ... just wanted to clarify that I have no choice but accept a loss and focus on next game and future-- does not mean I don't think about games we came so close ( Texas AM-comes to mind- Arkansas-Hawaii yr they went undefeated regular season etc)

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    Question: Isn't Arkansas a little overrated at this point? They barely beat us, they beat a TCU team that has a bad defense (SMU was in the game with TCU till late 3rd with a backup QB), Texas State who is garbage, and they lost by 3 TDS to A&M. Is Arkansas a bowl team? Yes, but they aren't sniffing an SEC Championship. Let's quit acting like they are world beaters. Not saying we are bad either, just Arkansas hasn't impressed me a ton.
    they are playing another world beater this week. NOT!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I have some hope for the defense. We held Arkansas under 300 total yards. Only Alabama was able to do that last year. We held SC State under 300 yards, but the defense started showing signs for concern.
    A big part of holding Arkansas under 300 yards was:
    1. the Xavier Woods INT that set up our first TD drive
    2. the Prince Sam INT that set up our second TD drive

Those were the only TDs scored this season off of takeaways by the Louisiana Tech defense. In fact, those were THE ONLY DEFENSIVE TAKEAWAYS by Louisiana Tech's defense this season, not just the Arkansas game!

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    A big part of holding Arkansas under 300 yards was:
    1. the Xavier Woods INT that set up our first TD drive
    2. the Prince Sam INT that set up our second TD drive

Those were the only TDs scored this season off of takeaways by the Louisiana Tech defense. In fact, those were THE ONLY DEFENSIVE TAKEAWAYS by Louisiana Tech's defense this season, not just the Arkansas game!
    Which tells me, Tech's D is playing a "reactive" defense, not an "attacking" one.

Tech's D did attack the Arkansas Offense which netted two picks and several sacks and other tackles for loss. Why did we stop doing that?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Which tells me, Tech's D is playing a "reactive" defense, not an "attacking" one.
    Tech's D did attack the Arkansas Offense which netted two picks and several sacks and other tackles for loss. Why did we stop doing that?
    You are absolutely correct. Very good question.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    . Pretty much what everyone on BBB expected and exactly what Vegas expected. Next 8 games we will be favorite in 6 and close to even with WK
    If you truly expected a loss to Middle, there's something wrong with you.

+ Reply to Thread