+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast

Thread: Fire Baker - NOW

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: Fire Baker - NOW

UNT blew out USM. UNT also won a close game with UAB, allowing 40+ points. UTEP is leading WKU at half.

This conference is wacko.

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    How is giving up 23 points poor defense? We lost this game because inexplicably Barnes, who is very reliable, pushed two extra points that the referees turned into FGs for absolutely no reason. Then, the FG was blocked by an illegal play, though a good effort by UABs defense. But, you can't take a running start and climb a teammates back to block a FG. Also, picking up flags on two personal fouls against UAB didn't help. I have never, ever seen a personal foul called and then say forget about it. Also, the PF called against Tech when a great punt flipped the field going out of bounds on UABs 29 was absolute nonsense. We played poorly, but should have won the game. And no, I'm not blaming the refs, but the differential in penalties enforced were statistically improbable.

Fire Skip? Are you folks out of your mind? We'll be OK and will be in the CCG.
    How about we actually go for REAL success. Go to the CCG and lose again. What good is that?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

USM beginning to blow it open. 28-13.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

How is giving up 23 points poor defense? We lost this game because inexplicably Barnes, who is very reliable, pushed two extra points that the referees turned into FGs for absolutely no reason. Then, the FG was blocked by an illegal play, though a good effort by UABs defense. But, you can't take a running start and climb a teammates back to block a FG. Also, picking up flags on two personal fouls against UAB didn't help. I have never, ever seen a personal foul called and then say forget about it. Also, the PF called against Tech when a great punt flipped the field going out of bounds on UABs 29 was absolute nonsense. We played poorly, but should have won the game. And no, I'm not blaming the refs, but the differential in penalties enforced were statistically improbable.

Fire Skip? Are you folks out of your mind? We'll be OK and will be in the CCG.
    I was not able to watch the game, only listen to Dave and Teddy, so not so sure what all of that looked like other than the commentary. The point I do have to make is that Skip is a P*$$y when it comes to the refs, he will not stand up for his team. Screw that, be a real coach and stand up for your team, if they are not calling it, bit*h and yell about it. When they make bad calls, raise hell, what is it gonna hurt?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Conference Championship Game? Go home, you're drunk. The only way we go to that game is as a spectator.
    No, I don't get drunk. I drink heavily but never get drunk and I am at home. So much for what you know. Yes, we will be in the CCG. Today, though extremely disappointing, is the first game I didn't see improvement. Nothing to freak out about. Our team is inexperienced (I've always found it strange to call a college team young - of course they are), so a game like we had today is not unexpected. We are 1-1 in conference, both on the road. Fret not!

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Skip Holtz View Post
    How about we actually go for REAL success. Go to the CCG and lose again. What good is that?
    Who said we were going to lose? Seems to me that was you. Your ID, or whatever you call it, certainly doesn't indicate you want Tech to be successful.

Who said we were going to lose? Seems to me that was you. Your ID, or whatever you call it, certainly doesn't indicate you want Tech to be successful.
    He WANTS the coach to fail. Thats like LSU fans right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    I was not able to watch the game, only listen to Dave and Teddy, so not so sure what all of that looked like other than the commentary. The point I do have to make is that Skip is a P*$$y when it comes to the refs, he will not stand up for his team. Screw that, be a real coach and stand up for your team, if they are not calling it, bit*h and yell about it. When they make bad calls, raise hell, what is it gonna hurt?
    I have certainly seen him raise hell with the refs. The production today was obviously a UAB deal as I remember a lot of shots of the UAB sideline and absolutely none of Tech's. The 5 minutes or so where the audio actually worked surely sounded like the announcers were UAB "friendly." Speaking of UAB friendly, I feel bad for UAB that they lost there FB team for a couple years, but don't understand why they did not suffer any repercussions from the conference.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

We struggled against Northwestern and a 1-4 Sunbelt team at home. The other win we eeked out a win against a less than stellar WKU team. There's not a sure win on our remaining schedule. Maybe Rice. We are not a good football team. On our best day we're average.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I have certainly seen him raise hell with the refs. The production today was obviously a UAB deal as I remember a lot of shots of the UAB sideline and absolutely none of Tech's. The 5 minutes or so where the audio actually worked surely sounded like the announcers were UAB "friendly." Speaking of UAB friendly, I feel bad for UAB that they lost there FB team for a couple years, but don't understand why they did not suffer any repercussions from the conference.
    I don't know that I have ever seen him raise hell, maybe a little animated, but really raising hell, not that I have seen. Just every once in a while, I would like to see him come with in and inch of getting tossed. Would love to hear about him contacting CUSA (maybe he has), or which ever group of refs made some bad calls, and bitching about the refs.
    I don't want him to act like a maniac all of the time, but when he sees something wrong, stand up for his team, make sure his feeling are know, and stand his ground. Skip is a nice guy, too nice of a guy at times.

This is Louisiana Tech University, not Skip Holtz University. I have that name because I want Louisiana Tech to be successful.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

sure glad we're not playing nlulm this year

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    sure glad we're not playing nlulm this year
    Calling it right now. NLULLM finishes the year with a better record.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Skip Holtz View Post
    This is Louisiana Tech University, not Skip Holtz University. I have that name because I want Louisiana Tech to be successful.
    Thank you. I actually appreciate your opinion on this.

I have been a moderate critic of Holtzs' coaching before today. Specifically, I've always said Holtz was a pretty good recruiter, and thus was pretty good at building our program. That said, it's clear now that Holtz knows very little about the X's and O's of coaching. I've now seen enough of this LA Tech team in 2017 to know this team is digressing. They ARE NOT getting better. In fact, they are getting much worse on offense and special teams each week. Our offensive stats are way down, and our mistakes are up. The play calling --on offense and defense-- is terrible. The offense lacks heart. Our QB has no leadership skills. He's 230 lbs and he's afraid to run the football. And other members of this team (e.g., McKnight) are terribly undisciplined and continually hurt the team with foolish mistakes.

Of course, all of this falls on coaching.

I'm of the opinion that LA Tech was a good football school long before Skip Holtz arrived in Ruston. And IMO, Tech will be just fine after he leaves. This team will be very lucky to finish .500 for the season. If people are satisfied with .500 football in Ruston, then Holtz is their man.
    Last edited by HogDawg; 10-08-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Varsity Bulldog Black is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Calling it right now. NLULLM finishes the year with a better record.
    They have a former Tech QB calling plays,and they are putting up some numbers. Yes it is against some of the worst D1 teams, but we are not playing world beaters either.

Our defense isn't great, but they have given us a chance to win every game except Miss State. Offense didn't help them much in that game either.

+ Reply to Thread