+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Refs for 2 C-USA games were ULM & UL-L Grads

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Refs for 2 C-USA games were ULM & UL-L Grads

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    There was a LaBene who played for Tech over 50 years ago (in 1962 - before my time) and I assume he would be too old to be the one being mentioned.
    He's in his 70s now, so it might be him.

1962 All-Conference - played HB behind Mickey Slaughter

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools...175-honors.pdf

He was also an all-conference baseball player https://issuu.com/latechsports/docs/...sb_mg_issuu/91

He reffed many of our games

http://www.broncosports.com/sports/m...7/10-07-06.htm
    http://static.hawaiiathletics.com/cu...005/100805.htm

Apparently Labenne was in the replay booth for the infamous Hawaii Replay

Varsity Bulldog CajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time CajunDave1's Avatar

I don't know Ken Antee, but I do know Daniel Gautreau and his dad, Greg. Greg is a 15+ year official in the NFL and I know Daniel would love to follow in his father's footsteps one day. Therefore, I am confident that he is into officiating because he loves it and attempts to do the best job he possibly can. He could care less about what teams are involved (as do virtually all officials). His goals are much higher than to simply worry about which teams win or lose in the games he is assigned to (as do virtually all officials in every sport). We as fans tend to try and find reasons and make excuses for why our teams lose a game, and game officials can be an easy target.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Wow, this thread caused me to go back and look at the Hawaii GAME THREAD FROM 2011. Lots of our fans thought Tech got a raw deal from officials in that game, with Dawg06 posting lots of pictures to back up that argument. Hawaii fans laughed it off. The rest of the season, Tech rolled, not losing again until the close loss to TCU in the Poinsettia Bowl. Hawaii stumbled to 6-7 and no bowl game.
    Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    He's in his 70s now, so it might be him.

1962 All-Conference - played HB behind Mickey Slaughter

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools...175-honors.pdf

He was also an all-conference baseball player https://issuu.com/latechsports/docs/...sb_mg_issuu/91

He reffed many of our games

http://www.broncosports.com/sports/m...7/10-07-06.htm
    http://static.hawaiiathletics.com/cu...005/100805.htm

Apparently Labenne was in the replay booth for the infamous Hawaii Replay
    Good old Memorial Gym

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Not a terrible lot has changed since that game (some things have, for the better).

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Wow, this thread caused me to go back and look at the Hawaii GAME THREAD FROM 2011. Lots of our fans thought Tech got a raw deal from officials in that game, with Dawg06 posting lots of pictures to back up that argument. Hawaii fans laughed it off. The rest of the season, Tech rolled, not losing again until the close loss to TCU in the Poinsettia Bowl. Hawaii stumbled to 6-7 and no bowl game.
    Benson was desperate to hold the WAC together. He needed to make Tech look undesirable to CUSA.

The cash drop in the north endzone at the start of halftime was not even discreet.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    That's the way I remember it.

Puppy Tech80 has turned a few heads around hereTech80 has turned a few heads around hereTech80 has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I'm just having fun!

Paul Labene used to ref our games and I believe he may have been a Tech grad.
    That is correct

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Has Maxie Causey done any of our games? If I recall correctly, he's a C-USA football official.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Has Maxie Causey done any of our games? If I recall correctly, he's a C-USA football official.
    He may have requested not to. Wouldn't you?

+ Reply to Thread