+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Too early to talk C-USA Championship game?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Too early to talk C-USA Championship game?

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I know that is the plan but why couldn't they put off construction for 3 weeks? That would still leave 9 months to complete construction. We just hope it comes to that.
    Cause with a project of this size, the contractor doesn't want any more delays than they already have built in -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Maybe we should play in Malone Stadium in Monroe.........HAHAHAHA!!!! Yes, I'm just kidding.
    Why not? So many people on here gripe about:

- Independence Stadium being an absolutely crappy venue
    - parking around Independence Stadium is horrible
    - neighborhoods around the La. State Fair Grounds are run-down and scary
    - shuttle service to Independence Stadium takes forever
    - Shreveport doesn't support Tech

So, why not play in Malone Stadium. It's newer. It's on a college campus. Monroe supports Tech.

But most of all, I think it would be HILARIOUS to see Malone Stadium packed and NLULM is not involved. The only lift NLULM would get is revenue from stadium rent, parking, and concessions. The war hawk logo at mid-field would be problematic though.

Oh, and think of the long-lasting impact of Malone Stadium history showing an FBS conference championship game for a conference to which NLULM didn't belong. LOL And how about Tech's FB history showing we won a conference championship on NLULM's field! LOL

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I worked near the fairgrounds and I don't find it scary. I regularly go down to Jewella and Greenwood for lunch (I even eat inside).

The shuttle service is great - Used it for A&M & Last I-Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    e

So, why not play in Malone Stadium. It's newer. It's on a college campus. Monroe supports Tech.

But most of all, I think it would be HILARIOUS to see Malone Stadium packed and NLULM is not involved. The only lift NLULM would get is revenue from stadium rent, parking, and concessions. The war hawk logo at mid-field would be problematic though.

Oh, and think of the long-lasting impact of Malone Stadium history showing an FBS conference championship game for a conference to which NLULM didn't belong. LOL And how about Tech's FB history showing we won a conference championship on NLULM's field! LOL

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

If the Massey folks know what they're talking about, Dawgs win out.

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=4218&s=286577

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

That Southern Miss is going to be great, I love that they are always the last opponent. This is great for the rivalry.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post

been to 5 Mudbug Hockey games-- little spooky but tons of security .

have some great memories of games at fairground and never embarrassed by crowd-- Tech grads-Dallas Grads-East Texas show up big time.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I worked near the fairgrounds and I don't find it scary. I regularly go down to Jewella and Greenwood for lunch (I even eat inside).

The shuttle service is great - Used it for A&M & Last I-Bowl.
    I grew up 2 blocks from the stadium. I worked in the Popeye's on Jewella/Greenwood in 1983 before graduating from Tech. My parents lived there until 1999. The house was right next to Dunn's Flea Market and had the pea-gravel parking lots right across the street. The neighborhoods are run down from when I was a kid riding bicycles through the livestock barns and once riding a mini-bike up and down the ramps of Indy Stadium back in the 70s. But the area is not scary. I stopped and had lunch at the Popeye's my last two trips to Ruston. I was never concerned about safety.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

The championship game would be daytime. That would be better for a game in Shreveport IMO.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Varsity Bulldog kfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the rough

If anyone puts much stock in it, CBS has Tech ranked 56th in their latest CBS Sports 128 rankings: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...nkings/cbs/128

And the rest of our opponents:

@ FIU (107th)
    vs. Rice (124th)
    @ UNT (102nd)
    vs. UTSA (84th)
    @ USM (68th)

I think the team has the talent and ability to beat all five of those teams. They need to keep their foot on the gas all four quarters of every game; don't get up and settle into a "prevent" stance. Do that, and they can make it to the Championship Game.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by kfj View Post
    If anyone puts much stock in it, CBS has Tech ranked 56th in their latest CBS Sports 128 rankings: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...nkings/cbs/128

And the rest of our opponents:

@ FIU (107th)
    vs. Rice (124th)
    @ UNT (102nd)
    vs. UTSA (84th)
    @ USM (68th)

I think the team has the talent and ability to beat all five of those teams. They need to keep their foot on the gas all four quarters of every game; don't get up and settle into a "prevent" stance. Do that, and they can make it to the Championship Game.
    With the possible exception of USM, no one has the offense to hang with us.

If Tech loses in the next 4 games, it's because we shot ourselves in the foot.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post

gee thanks

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Other team's offenses have a way of looking alot better versus our D. Umass was practically running up and down the field with high school players on us. I am sure they set records for most yards and points against us last week but haven't looked to confirm that. They shanked two chip shot field goals early and seemed to lose a little fight after that.

We are so bad on special teams and D that it will take a minor miracle for us to win out. I know usm may have taken a step back but they will find a way to take advantage of our D if we don't find a way to improve over the next month. Most likely by running for 400 yds if I had to guess.

We have not proven we can stop the run this year and I am afraid that will come back to bite us if we don't play more sound D in the coming weeks.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

agree 100 % still wonder how SM lost to San Antionio? looking to LSU?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    That Southern Miss is going to be great, I love that they are always the last opponent. This is great for the rivalry.

I have flashbacks nightmares about Southern Miss-- getting stomped at Fairground stadium--67 Bradshaw threw 6 picks -- Last years game in Ruston. Flashfloods in Hattiesbur few years ago --parking lot underwater and Rhinodawg doing tailgate at hotel parking lot-- going to game in Hattiesburg sick as a dog-- 4 of us went ( friend who owned Stowes one of them) had 2 rooms but no one wanted to share with me. Just not a fan of Hattiesburg ... will go when its for division championship

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO yes. There is a game in Miami this weekend I'd like to see us win, really.

+ Reply to Thread