+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Go Cubs!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Go Cubs!

It might be..It could be..IT IS!!!
    Last edited by Russdawg; 11-03-2016 at 05:25 AM.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Congrats to my fellow Tech alums who are long-suffering Cubs fans!

My grandpa, who was a farmer in Illinois and got me started with my love for baseball, is smiling down from Heaven. We had lots of fun arguments about Cubs-Cardinals.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Unbelievable -

To me this is bigger than the Saints winning the Super Bowl

I really thought I would never see the Cubs make the World Series, let alone win it -

I have become a BIG FAN of Smoltz in the booth and I'm surprised how much I liked A-Rod on the post game even though I despised him as a player - but Smoltz has the ability to add things that very few can in the booth
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

By the way - this thing popped a 30+ rating, which in today's world is unheard of

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

A-Rod has been good in commentary. You could feel that Joe Buck was hopeful of a Cleveland comeback, so that makes it even sweeter. Smoltz is great.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing game. Experienced every emotion and thought that any Cubs fan ever has in history over the course of 10 innings.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Unbelievable -

I really thought I would never see the Cubs make the World Series, let alone win it -

I have become a BIG FAN of Smoltz in the booth and I'm surprised how much I liked A-Rod on the post game even though I despised him as a player - but Smoltz has the ability to add things that very few can in the booth
    While I am happy for long-suffering Cubs' fans....it's not even close!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaHsP2VbwCA

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Yes, on Smoltz! What a refreshing example of professional...."this is not about me"....commentary. I enjoyed listening to his spot-on remarks, his insight. Of course, he's a Hall of Fame pitcher who knows what it's like to be under pressure in a World Series. You could hear that oh-so-subtle rooting for the pitchers, but he also was offering sage advice to the hitters, what they should be looking for, and how they should handle all the great pitchers they had to face. It was spooky how it absolutely NAILED his predictions about if the pitcher puts the ball "low and inside" watch out! Sure enough!

Great job!

I hope ALL color-analysts will adopt and follow Smoltz's lead...in every sport.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yes, on Smoltz! What a refreshing example of professional...."this is not about me"....commentary. I enjoyed listening to his spot-on remarks, his insight. Of course, he's a Hall of Fame pitcher who knows what it's like to be under pressure in a World Series. You could hear that oh-so-subtle rooting for the pitchers, but he also was offering sage advice to the hitters, what they should be looking for, and how they should handle all the great pitchers they had to face. It was spooky how it absolutely NAILED his predictions about if the pitcher puts the ball "low and inside" watch out! Sure enough!

Great job!

I hope ALL color-analysts will adopt and follow Smoltz's lead...in every sport.
    He was a breath of fresh air...

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Unbelievable -

You got the new tat picked out?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    You got the new tat picked out?
    Never get a tat of a woman's name or a professional sports team...

Sage advice my granddad gave me -

+ Reply to Thread