+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power 5 scheduling

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Power 5 scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    We should never play road games at SBC teams.
    We can't afford to buy FBS home games. And even though we're discussing those rare occasions when we can manage a 1-for-1 or even 2-for-1 with a P5 school, those don't come along very often. The majority of our home FBS games are going to be 1-for-1s with other G5 schools. That's our pool. If you refuse to play 1-for-1 with any SB school you're left with:

1.The MAC which is roughly the same level on-field as SB, just farther away and with the chance that you'll pull one of the two or three hot teams that seem to rotate through the MAC every year (which would look good for us, but naturally make the win somewhat less likely).
    2. MWC which is far away and a mixed bag in terms of prestige/level of play/draw/interest.
    3. American, in which the better, closer teams don't seem all that interested in 1-for-1 series with us.
    4. Army/NMSU/UMASS - all far, none very good on the field, one that might be a draw.

I don't see how UMASS/UNLV/Bowling Green is any better than ULX/USA/ASU/TXST for us. Naturally, you could make the case that any P5 would be better or that Houston/Memphis/Tulane/SMU/U_F/Navy/Tulsa might be better than a series with a SB program. But P5 and the better AAC teams aren't exactly lining up to play in Ruston.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    He sure picked a doozy. They've beaten more ranked teams this season than we have in 10 years (probably more).
    I don't see anyone they've defeated on the current top 25 list.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I don't see anyone they've defeated on the current top 25 list.
    San Diego State was #19 before the loss to USoAL

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    San Diego State was #19 before the loss to USoAL
    Yeah, I knew that.

Does it still count as a top 25 victory if they aren't in the top 25 at the end of the season?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I knew that.

Does it still count as a top 25 victory if they aren't in the top 25 at the end of the season?
    Absolutely ala Fresno State

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Yeah, I knew that.

Yes, It is based on the ranking when the game is played. I don't want to look it up, but I believe we played 2 separate games against the No 2 team in the nation the year we played Miami in S'port

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by counselingdawg View Post
    We should have a list of Power 5 teams that we would schedule and not deviate from the list. These are teams that we have a good chance of beating, and not "body bag" games. They are also teams that we would have a chance of scheduling on a home and home basis.
    My teams would be: Miss. St., Vanderbilt, Missouri, Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Rutgers, Minnesota, Iowa St., Kansas, Duke, Wake Forest, Virginia, and Syracuse. Not sure about teams from PAC 12.

What about this concept and what about teams I have selected?
    I actually think the South Carolina game is a good one.

Though I'm probably biased given it's a 90 min drive for me.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I thought MSU started that game ranked in the low 20s but I think I was wrong on that.

+ Reply to Thread