+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech XXI retires from active service as live mascot

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Tech XXI retires from active service as live mascot

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Will state government shut down like it did for some tiger?
    Flags were at half-staff on NSU's campus. Is this why? PLEASE tell me this was not the reason.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Flags were at half-staff on NSU's campus. Is this why? PLEASE tell me this was not the reason.
    http://us.halfstaff.org

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    Who knows, he may have a health issue that needs tending to that the public isn't aware of.
    Those Dog HIPPA regs are pretty tight.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    Who knows, he may have a health issue that needs tending to that the public isn't aware of. I hope that's not the case and that this has just been mismanaged by those in charge. Either way, I appreciate XXI for his service and loyalty. Seriously, he's such a good dog. Friendly as hell and a little goofy. Perfect Bulldog.

Can't wait to meet Double Deuce™!!
    That's what this sounds like to me. Another cover up.

If what the press release says is true, it confirms that Tech runs the worst live mascot program in the United States. How incompetent do you have to be to issue a press release out of the blue saying that you retired your mascot 10 days before due to a length-of-service protocol you developed 3 years ago after going a year without a live mascot due supposedly trying to figure out how to properly run a live mascot program and won't begin discussions for a replacement mascot until the end of Fall quarter?

We have such a great tradition with our live mascot, but our university doesn't have a clue how to respect it. Truly sad.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    That's what this sounds like to me. Another cover up.

If what the press release says is true, it confirms that Tech runs the worst live mascot program in the United States. How incompetent do you have to be to issue a press release out of the blue saying that you retired your mascot 10 days before due to a length-of-service protocol you developed 3 years ago after going a year without a live mascot due supposedly trying to figure out how to properly run a live mascot program and won't begin discussions for a replacement mascot until the end of Fall quarter?

We have such a great tradition with our live mascot, but our university doesn't have a clue how to respect it. Truly sad.
    The article said this: "At the recommendation of veterinarians and guidance from the United States Department of Agriculture, Tech XXI’s retirement follows Louisiana Tech’s length-of-service protocol for the live bulldog mascot, developed prior to Tech XXI’s selection in 2013."

To me, this doesn't say the length-of-service protocol specifies a definitive timeline and that administrators just woke up to realize the 3-year period was ending, but that the protocol includes evaluation of circumstances that may call for the end of the mascot's length-of-service, such as an unforeseen health concern.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    The article said this: "At the recommendation of veterinarians and guidance from the United States Department of Agriculture, Tech XXI’s retirement follows Louisiana Tech’s length-of-service protocol for the live bulldog mascot, developed prior to Tech XXI’s selection in 2013."

To me, this doesn't say the length-of-service protocol specifies a definitive timeline and that administrators just woke up to realize the 3-year period was ending, but that the protocol includes evaluation of circumstances that may call for the end of the mascot's length-of-service, such as an unforeseen health concern.
    Is there some kind of conspiracy to conceal Tech XXI's health status? Hell, the nation has been losing their shit over Mike VI. If he's sick, let us know, it's not that big of a deal, not that big of a secret. Why hide something like that?

Seems more likely that we forgot.

Puppy GeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the roughGeauxDawgsGeaux is a jewel in the rough

I've heard he needs facial reconstruction surgery. Could be why the decided to retire him after evaluation. Wish they would have said something along those lines when they issued the retirement announcement though.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Is there some kind of conspiracy to conceal Tech XXI's health status? Hell, the nation has been losing their shit over Mike VI. If he's sick, let us know, it's not that big of a deal, not that big of a secret. Why hide something like that?

Seems more likely that we forgot.
    No idea about Tech XXI's health status. I read a lot more into it than it seems others did. I thought "at the recommendation of veterinarians" implied there is a health concern and that, retirement was recommended, in accordance with the l-o-s protocol.

So, if people believe this was overlooked or there was dereliction of duty, is the assumption that the protocol calls for a new live mascot every three years? Surely not.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxDawgsGeaux View Post
    I've heard he needs facial reconstruction surgery. Could be why the decided to retire him after evaluation. Wish they would have said something along those lines when they issued the retirement announcement though.
    Agree--the press release could have been clearer. I'm just not seeing a "conspiracy" or "cover up" as has been suggested.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    No idea about Tech XXI's health status. I read a lot more into it than it seems others did. I thought "at the recommendation of veterinarians" implied there is a health concern and that, retirement was recommended, in accordance with the l-o-s protocol.

So, if people believe this was overlooked or there was dereliction of duty, is the assumption that the protocol calls for a new live mascot every three years? Surely not.

Agree--the press release could have been clearer. I'm just not seeing a "conspiracy" or "cover up" as has been suggested.
    I'm not seeing one either. I'm saying a cover-up seems unlikely, so why the lack of information? Inquiring minds want to know.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I'm not seeing one either. I'm saying a cover-up seems unlikely, so why the lack of information? Inquiring minds want to know.
    I'm telling y'all, it's Dog HIPPA.

Cats aren't subject, so that's why it was legal for LSU to give all the details about their mascot's health issues.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

High maintenaince dogs that are only good to look at. They can't even breed without AI. Crazy!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    High maintenaince dogs that are only good to look at. They can't even breed without AI. Crazy!
    Yep. Time to go American Bulldog. Enough of this import business.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

My vet jokingly told me he put two girls through college treating Bulldogs at his practice! They are great and unique dogs but have a lot of issues and can be a money pit. The dog I have now is named Dooley.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    My vet jokingly told me he put two girls through college treating Bulldogs at his practice! They are great and unique dogs but have a lot of issues and can be a money pit. The dog I have now is named Dooley.
    I can attest to that. Ours had several surgeries, allergies, etc before he passed.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I can attest to that. Ours had several surgeries, allergies, etc before he passed.
    The only thing worse than paying a bunch for a pet up front, it paying vet bills early and often for that pet.

+ Reply to Thread