+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S'Port

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: S'Port

A week of Tech dominating the Shreveport/Bossier media affiliates is probably the best thing that could come out of playing the game in Independence stadium.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    A week of Tech dominating the Shreveport/Bossier media affiliates is probably the best thing that could come out of playing the game in Independence stadium.
    That's the biggest assumption of the thread.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I would disaagree that the State Fair Game is irrelevent. The State Fair Game in the old days was relevant because we weren't seen as competing with LSPoo. The stadium held about 33,000 and both schools' students couldn't fill it so there had to be some local interest. I believe it is the local media, especially the S'port Times, which transferred all their attention to LSU who will never play in Shreveport again. I can remember when the Times would have the whole front page of the sports section dedicated to a Tech game - Oklahoma State comes to mind.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    That's the biggest assumption of the thread.
    I think they will promote a conference championship game hosted in this city (I've lived here for over 20 years now). LSU won't be playing for the SEC title. It would be a good launching pad for the IBowl. I think it will be the lead sports story for several days.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Tech Tulsa 1995 is game we switched to blue jerseys- my freshman year

Varsity Bulldog LeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the rough

Yikes, those games against fellow WAC schools had abysmal attendance. I went to the Grambling and A&M game, the latter having a cool atmosphere and probably my favorite game I've ever attended (it was tempting but I managed to stay till the end). I think a game against TCU would be interesting there, and a chance for revenge!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    List is missing 2002 vs. UTEP.

Saturday before T'giving. It was sunny, but unseasonably chilly. Tech was already 3-7. Attendance was bleak.
    My bad. I tried to get 'em all. I couldn't find all this info in one place. Had t do it manually.

Varsity Bulldog LeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    My bad. I tried to get 'em all. I couldn't find all this info in one place. Had t do it manually.
    Oh, and the 2015-2016 PDF for football says the state fair game in 1987 had an attendance of 15,232.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeggoDawgs View Post
    Oh, and the 2015-2016 PDF for football says the state fair game in 1987 had an attendance of 15,232.
    LA Tech says otherwise.

http://www.latechsports.com/faciliti...-indystad.html

Yeah I checked that out too, seems to be 2 conflicting reports. Was anybody at that game to confirm which one lol?

Yeah I checked that out too, seems to be 2 conflicting reports. Was anybody at that game to confirm which one lol?
    I suspect the 53K attendance number is bogus since that stadium probably didn't even have a 53K capacity back in 1987.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Had t do it manually.
    twss

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

That A&M game brought a lot of A&M fans. The Northern Illinois game was mostly Tech fans. Probably the biggest gathering of Tech fans I've seen.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    That A&M game brought a lot of A&M fans. The Northern Illinois game was mostly Tech fans. Probably the biggest gathering of Tech fans I've seen.
    Maryland stands out the most to me. It was BITTER cold for the Northern Illinois game. Good win, but not a fun game IMO. The Livas play was about it.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

So there's a chance Tech could host the C-USA Championship in Shreveport. As I look at past schedules I can see we used to play there, but stopped (I guess due to bowl snubs/not the desired attendance). As someone who didn't become a diehard Tech fan until the 2007 season, at the wee little age of 11, I'm not too familiar with playing there. Was it ever possible for Tech to gain a great presence in Shreveport and get some great crowds? Because I watched the Maryland-Tech Indy Bowl highlights, and that looked like a huge crowd with the best Tech atmosphere I've ever seen.
    I do not support us playing there. First, Shreveport needs to clean up the area around Independence Stadium. It's really ghetto. Also, playing in Ruston is important due to recruits visiting the campus.

+ Reply to Thread