+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: S'Port

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Re: S'Port

Quote Originally Posted by LeggoDawgs View Post
    Yeah I checked that out too, seems to be 2 conflicting reports. Was anybody at that game to confirm which one lol?
    The 15,232 number is correct - the last Rally in the Alley game. This was the game where Joe Raymond gave the pre-game speech to the team and basically landed the head job when Torbush bolted for Mack Brown's staff at NC.

I couldn't figure out where the 53,000 number was coming from and then remembered we had played at Texas A&M the following week. Sure enough, 53,779 was the attendance for that game in College Station. At some point, someone from Tech incorrectly pulled that number.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I had seen that 53,000 number for years and wondered. I certainly wasn't there in 1987. I was probably at the A&M game the following week. I believe I have made all the trips to College Station since it's only about a hundred miles from Houston. some mentoned that the Northern Illinois attendance was mostly Tech fans. I believe that was also true for the Miami game since they don't travel well.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I had seen that 53,000 number for years and wondered. I certainly wasn't there in 1987. I was probably at the A&M game the following week. I believe I have made all the trips to College Station since it's only about a hundred miles from Houston. some mentoned that the Northern Illinois attendance was mostly Tech fans. I believe that was also true for the Miami game since they don't travel well.
    The Miami game was a mixture of Tech & interested fans.

They were a year removed from a National Championship and ranked 3 in the country. They also had Shreveporter Brock Berlin at QB.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I suspect the 53K attendance number is bogus since that stadium probably didn't even have a 53K capacity back in 1987.
    You're probably right, but they did knock out north seating to fit in a pro league.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    A week of Tech dominating the Shreveport/Bossier media affiliates is probably the best thing that could come out of playing the game in Independence stadium.
    Sorry, you gotta let this Coach Oeaux guy play out the season before you start assigning thoughts to the S'port media.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Sorry, you gotta let this Coach Oeaux guy play out the season before you start assigning thoughts to the S'port media.
    I also give a pretty high probability to the S'Port area caring mor about whether lspoo should keep those ugly unis they wore this year. They can stretch that over a whole week.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    The Miami game was a mixture of Tech & interested fans.

They were a year removed from a National Championship and ranked 3 in the country. They also had Shreveporter Brock Berlin at QB.
    I had forgotten about Brock. There was a lot of local interest in seeing Miami because of the National Championship the year before and the Tech game being the first game of the new season. But the "interested" fans were not Miami fans like those avid Aggies which made up about half the crowd at both A&M games. So Northern Illinois probably had the biggest Tech Fan turn out.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Miami might have had 300 fans at the game. Beautiful night with a B-52 flyover.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by LeggoDawgs View Post
    Yeah I checked that out too, seems to be 2 conflicting reports. Was anybody at that game to confirm which one lol?
    I was there -

Might of been 20k there - it was the last "State Fair Game"...

If there were 53k there, it would of been MAJOR news on why the series should not be stopped
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by NavyBulldog1 View Post
    I truly hope this thread (Tech hosting the CUSA Championship in SPort) is purely speculative.
    Not speculative. If we make it, it will be in S'port because of the pressbox project

To make it in Shrevertport we have to win out and MTSU has to lose another conference game. I hope that's not being captain obvious.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Made every game in Shreveport since 65 -- I love seeing my dogs play at Independence stadium but it does not compare to playing in Ruston-- the college students, the tailgating, gathering of friends and family make ruston a special place on game day. For older guy like me just seeing how far our program and facilities have come amplifies the experience ( Shreve stadium is nicer than facility we played in 1966)

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    To make it in Shrevertport we have to win out and MTSU has to lose another conference game. I hope that's not being captain obvious.
    No -- its not Captain obvious, casual fans who read but not post do not know how this works AND its a big deal because MTSU plays WESTERN KENTUCKY this weekend--MT is 2 point favorite but I would pick WK.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=HogDawg;1612863]Depending on who the opponent is, LA Tech can routinely put between 30K and 43K in the stands in Shreveport. Since joining Div 1A (now FBS) football in 1989, here are LA Tech's crowds for every game played in Shreveport:

1990 Maryland 48,325 (Indy Bowl)
    1995 Tulsa 18,695
    1996 Baylor 29,469
    1997 California 24,812
    1999 Texas A&M 40,328
    2001 SMU 22,505
    2002 Oklahoma State 31,391
    2003 Miami (FL) 43,279
    2004 Tulsa 7,713
    2008 Northern Illinois 41,567 (Indy Bowl)
    2010 Grambling 34,762
    2012 Texas A&M 40,453

12-Game Average = 31,942

By the way, the record for a LA Tech game in Shreveport was set in 1987, when this happened:

1987 Northwestern St 53,779

I was at both the NWSt game and Maryland (Indybowl). The NWSt game attendance shows the overall #s that would come to the state fair and attend the game. The state fair game was a big deal back "in the day." In regards to the Maryland Indybowl game - by far the best atmosphere I have experienced at a Tech game when the Tech crowd was the vast majority. Maryland probably brought 5-7k. The other 40k was Tech fans and regional interest. Tech fans back then were SO hungry to experience a bowl game.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Oh boy. (prepare for abuse)

+ Reply to Thread