+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Football. Post-Game Notes - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Football. Post-Game Notes - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Notes

More...

Discuss it here.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: Football. Post-Game Notes - latechsports.com

The Bulldog offense racked up 690 yards, the fifth most in program history. It marks the third time this season LA Tech has registered over 600 yards of offense. It is also the fifth time in the last six games they have gone over 500 yards

Carlos Henderson outdid his career night in the last game against WKU, racking up 12 receptions for 326 yards and five touchdowns.

Carlos Henderson became only the third player in the last 10 years with 200+ receiving yards and 3+ receiving touchdowns in back-to-back games (Davante Adams, Michael Crabtree).

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I think it was the second series. Taylor was horse collared. The guy almost almost pulled his shirt off. Why was nothing called?

If our QB decides to run away from a defensive rush he should consider tucking the ball and not carry it like a hand bag.

I thought the "controversial" TD catch by Henderson was offensive PI at first. When I watch the replay, I didn't think he pushed off after all.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Yea, it's weird... the End Zone camera view makes it look like he pushed hard, but the sideline camera makes it look like he just put his hands on the shoulder pads..

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Yea, it's weird... the End Zone camera view makes it look like he pushed hard, but the sideline camera makes it look like he just put his hands on the shoulder pads..
    Agreed. But the worst part about that play is that the TV color guy just wouldn't shut up about "no call". Even now, I'm sure he thinks UMASS would have won the game if not for that "push off".

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Agreed. But the worst part about that play is that the TV color guy just wouldn't shut up about "no call". Even now, I'm sure he thinks UMASS would have won the game if not for that "push off".
    True, he did. But both TV guys also heaped tons of praise on our offense. In the end they knew that one play didn't make a difference. They had no answers for our offense and they admitted as much.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I thought they were fairly even balanced on their call even though they were a UMass "homer" crew...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I think it was the second series. Taylor was horse collared. The guy almost almost pulled his shirt off. Why was nothing called?
    I saw what you saw, but thought it was a legal play.

For a horse-collar to be a hose-collar, the initial contact must be inside the jersey/pads, and the defender must bring the player all the way down by the horsecollar. I don't think he got inside, firstly. Even then, he caught up and brought him down with the other hand.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post

For a horse-collar to be a hose-collar, the initial contact must be inside the jersey/pads, and the defender must bring the player all the way down by the horsecollar. I don't think he got inside, firstly. Even then, he caught up and brought him down with the other hand.
    Okay thanks. Trent didn't complain (he never does). More evidence that we had a good crew. C-UAB or SEC guys would have called a horse collar.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post

I thought he just grabbed his jersey in the front. I didn't think it was close to a horse-collar. That was some tremendous strength the defender showed to stop Trent in his tracks by the jersey, and you could tell Trent was frustrated that he let it happen.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I thought he just grabbed his jersey in the front. I didn't think it was close to a horse-collar. That was some tremendous strength the defender showed to stop Trent in his tracks by the jersey, and you could tell Trent was frustrated that he let it happen.
    Yep. I agree completely. Trent had a lot of daylight in front of him.

+ Reply to Thread