+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dr Robert Mack Caruthers Passes

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Dr Robert Mack Caruthers Passes

Longtime Louisiana Tech Department Head and Professor of Petroleum Engineering and Geosciences, Dr. Robert Mack Caruthers, passed away on October 3, 2016 in Brentwood, TN.

Obituary:
    http://brentwood-roesch-patton.tributes.com/dignitymemorial/obituary/Robert-Mack-Caruthers-104004908

Professor and Department Head, Petroleum Engineering and Geosciences

Louisiana Tech University

November 1967 – July 1995 (27 years 9 months)

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Dr Robert Mack Caruthers Passes

Good man. Taught this ChE major a few things about thermodynamics.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to get a finance degree with a minor in petroleum technology. Dr Caruthers thought it made a lot of sense and laid out a program for me. When the dean of the CAB (whose name I forget) wouldn't buy in on my request, Dr Caruthers went to bat for me and tried to get him to understand the value that would have in the oil industry. But the business school wouldn't accept it so any elective hours I took wouldn't count toward graduation. Basically I would have had to go to school for 6 years to get a bachelors and an associate bachelors. So while I decided not to go that route, I've always appreciated Dr Caruthers and his efforts to help me.

Always thought the decision to get out of Petroleum Engineering was a mistake.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Funny story that I tell to this day. 1986 Dr. Caruthers teaching reservoir engineering, PEngr 450 I think, walks into class and there is only about a dozen of the 250+ of us that started the program in Fall '82, and says I got bad news and I got worse news which do you want first. We all look at each other like what the heck give us the bad first, he replies "price of oil just dropped to $9/bbl and most companies are shutting down operations". We are like what the heck is the worse news? He replies "you have a major exam next time we meet, good luck"... We all laughed to keep from crying.

+ Reply to Thread