+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evan McMullin

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Evan McMullin

https://www.evanmcmullin.com/blog

What do you guys think about this man?

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Re: Evan McMullin

I hope he wins Utah.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    https://www.evanmcmullin.com/blog

What do you guys think about this man?
    He's the best candidate in this election. Not corrupt and not unfit.

Varsity Bulldog Jacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the rough

It's looking very good for him in Utah. And he's started to gain momentum in Idaho as well.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

All I need to know is he's a mormon. Conservative and mormonism do not go together because mormonism is a very liberal religion. Most christians refer to it as a cult. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3BqLZ8UoZk

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    All I need to know is he's a mormon. Conservative and mormonism do not go together because mormonism is a very liberal religion. Most christians refer to it as a cult.
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/125021/mo...ous-group.aspx

Varsity Bulldog Jacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the rough

Mormonism is pretty odd, but it is not liberal by any definition.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksonian View Post
    Mormonism is pretty odd, but it is not liberal by any definition.
    Mormonism is more than pretty odd, it's crazy insane. Mormons claim they are Christians, but, if mormonism is Christianity, it's a very liberal version of Christianity. Here's another video that may explain it better for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VKT4hrBTuk A mormon may believe in a conservative interpretation of the constitution, but, mormonism is definitely not a conservative version of Christianity. When mormon missionaries come to your house, they bring the book of mormon, not the Bible. The book of mormon is a total fabricated lie by Joseph Smith, who was a con man and a thug.
    This McMullin guy is going to help Hillary Clinton win Utah. He's as crazy as his religion.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

And so the smart thing for conservatives to do is to ostracize and push away Mormons because they aren't the right kind of Christian?

I have no problem with you criticizing Mormonism. Joseph Smith was a nut. But I don't think it's appropriate to ridicule someone solely based on their religious beliefs. McMullin, like most Mormons, is a reliable conservative.

Conservatism is not restricted to Christians. And this year I've seen plenty of Christian leaders abandoning both conservative and Christian values to kneel before Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksonian View Post
    I have no problem with you criticizing Mormonism. Joseph Smith was a nut. But I don't think it's appropriate to ridicule someone solely based on their religious beliefs. McMullin, like most Mormons, is a reliable conservative.

Conservatism is not restricted to Christians. And this year I've seen plenty of Christian leaders abandoning both conservative and Christian values to kneel before Trump.
    You need to go back and read my post again. I don't believe you know what conservative means. I said a mormon can be a conservative in his view of the constitution. Somebody's religion has nothing to do with government, unless that religion is making the laws for the government, as it does for many muslim countries. Our constitutiion guarantees the separation of church and state.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    And so the smart thing for conservatives to do is to ostracize and push away Mormons because they aren't the right kind of Christian?
    The polls in Utah now show the votes to be split evenly between Clinton and Trump, so apparently there are a bunch of liberal mormons. I talked to a lot of people that didn't vote for Romney because he is a mormon, so apparently religion mattered to them. I voted for Romney, and it wasn't a hard decision for me. The constitution guarantees the separation of church and state. Neither Thomas Jefferson, who wrote the Declaratiion of Independence, nor James Madison, who wrote the constitution, were Christians. They were Deist. There is no mention of the Christian god in the Declaration or the Constitution or any Judeo-Christian principles.

You need to go back and read my post again. I don't believe you know what conservative means. I said a mormon can be a conservative in his view of the constitution. Somebody's religion has nothing to do with government, unless that religion is making the laws for the government, as it does for many muslim countries. Our constitutiion guarantees the separation of church and state.
    So what exactly is your point? Do you have any arguments against McMullin, other than his religious beliefs? If you have some good examples of how he is less conservative than Trump, feel free to provide them.

And the polls show a lot of Mormons who do not trust Trump and were looking for an alternative. The instant McMullin started getting name recognition Hillary's numbers in Utah plummeted (as did Trump's to a lesser degree).

Mcmullin will take votes away from Trump and Hillary will win the state electoral votes. Is that what you want?

Mcmullin will take votes away from Trump and Hillary will win the state electoral votes. Is that what you want?
    This election was over in 2012. Voting for McMullin is no more a wasted vote than voting for Trump.

+ Reply to Thread