+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update on Video Production (ESPN3)

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Update on Video Production (ESPN3)

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    So this should be a priority? We need to go in the hole of football productions for what reason? So our fans can watch on ESPN3 or ASN? We can't make money on football productions.
    I somewhat agree. At a point, we are trying to keep up in a race we can't win.

On the other hand, we need to prove we are up to date on basic technology.

On the other hand, how much value does it add to the Tech product? Does that added value cover the cost of a production suite?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post

On the other hand, how much value does it add to the Tech product? Does that added value cover the cost of a production suite?
    I'm far from an expert and I do not like short cuts, but I do not think this ads value to football at all. I do believe it adds a HUGE cost to the football budget.

Same with baseball. Give me a camera in center field and behind the plate. I couldn't care less if it's HD. No money to be made there either.

Maybe some money could be made in the basketball arena. I'd love to see what C-USA is requiring vs. what the minimum/maximum costs are.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I'm far from an expert and I do not like short cuts, but I do not think this ads value to football at all. I do believe it adds a HUGE cost to the football budget.

Same with baseball. Give me a camera in center field and behind the plate. I couldn't care less if it's HD. No money to be made there either.

Maybe some money could be made in the basketball arena. I'd love to see what C-USA is requiring vs. what the minimum/maximum costs are.
    In a perfect world, with BCS money, we should go all out but we all know that is not where we are. I agree, little to no value of us spending millions on something that is going to be outdated in 5 years.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

No way our people have ever allowed the type production FIU allowed yesterday. If C-USA is going to enforce rules they need to begin with teams like FIU. How much money did FIU save by not having a real production yesterday? Is this the first time it has happened this year? You know full well they will not do the basketball setup per the C-USA rules.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Good Lord, IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

We already have the beer budget for a High Def product: our video board production equipment. Add a Switcher (Tri-Caster) take the feeds from all the cameras we already have, add some stationary cameras and have a production. We got one of the best A/V companies in the South headquartered in Ruston. Have them work us up a quote and let's get going.

PS-And properly train the camera operators to utilize the irises on their cameras so the images are not too dark or not too light.

We have local expertise. We just don't utilize it enough.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Good Lord, IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

We already have the beer budget for a High Def product: our video board production equipment. Add a Switcher (Tri-Caster) take the feeds from all the cameras we already have, add some stationary cameras and have a production. We got one of the best A/V companies in the South headquartered in Ruston. Have them work us up a quote and let's get going.

PS-And properly train the camera operators to utilize the irises on their cameras so the images are not too dark or not too light.

We have local expertise. We just don't utilize it enough.
    Any way for our AD to find out about this and make him think it's his idea?

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Any way for our AD to find out about this and make him think it's his idea?
    That's not who we are though.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

So this should be a priority? We need to go in the hole of football productions for what reason? So our fans can watch on ESPN3 or ASN? We can't make money on football productions.
    So we can be at the top of the list for the next round of conference realignment. This stuff is important to the Conferences as it makes it easier for them during TV contract negotiations. If we do this right then we will be top of the G5.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    That's not who we are though.

As I took this, you don't know how correct you are!

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    So we can be at the top of the list for the next round of conference realignment. This stuff is important to the Conferences as it makes it easier for them during TV contract negotiations. If we do this right then we will be top of the G5.

Which G5 does video production quality matter to? The one who will look past our less than $25M budget? Okay, lets throw $5M at the video thing and get us up to almost $30M? What happens then?

We are still outrunning the bear by being a leader in C-USA. That's all we have for now. With our SLC AD I doubt we advance much, but $30M would be an outstanding goal. Has he set any goals?

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Which G5 does video production quality matter to? The one who will look past our less than $25M budget? Okay, lets throw $5M at the video thing and get us up to almost $30M? What happens then?

We are still outrunning the bear by being a leader in C-USA. That's all we have for now. With our SLC AD I doubt we advance much, but $30M would be an outstanding goal. Has he set any goals?
    So we should limit our advancement to only what other G5's are doing? Nothing like trying to pace the competition... you bad mouth our "SLC AD" but have the small time thinking. This is long term planning and we've screwed ourselves as the production room was taken out of the pressbox expansion.

Self producing and selling your coverage to media is the path, doesn't matter if we don't have a ton of fans watching. If it's quality production and the only investment networks have to do is pay for rights to pickup the feed they'll jump all over it.

Again this is not about making money this year or next, it's about long term.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

So we should limit our advancement to only what other G5's are doing? Nothing like trying to pace the competition... you bad mouth our "SLC AD" but have the small time thinking. This is long term planning and we've screwed ourselves as the production room was taken out of the pressbox expansion.

Self producing and selling your coverage to media is the path, doesn't matter if we don't have a ton of fans watching. If it's quality production and the only investment networks have to do is pay for rights to pickup the feed they'll jump all over it.

Again this is not about making money this year or next, it's about long term.
    Not really -

I the world of computers and audio visuals things change drastically in a 24 month to 36 month period -

I'm not saying do the bare minimum but I'm also saying you don't throw good money after bad in this instance

There are churches and high schools who do much better and don't throw crazy money at the issue

There are so many BRICK and MORTAR needs within the department, I'm hard pressed to think we should throw $750k to $1mm plus at this issue

Fix our in house capabilities first by investing $300k in equipment upgrades and the partner with some one to do the production
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

If we can find someone to pay for the equipment, let's give them production rights to our sports a certain period of time. We can get several companies to purchase the sports of their choice.

Every time Dave or Malcolm (or whoever) comes back

Bulldog Basketball, presented by CenturyLink

Bulldog Baseball, presented by Bulldog Barks & Bytes ()

Lady Techster Basketball, presented by ... and so on

Have the companies graphic constantly on screen similar to Marshall games on ASN in 2014/2015 (they had a Hospital Graphic where ASN usually puts C-USA logo).

. you bad mouth our "SLC AD" but have the small time thinking. This is long term planning and we've screwed ourselves as the production room was taken out of the pressbox expansion.
    Uhh...our SLC AD is the one who took the production room out of the press box expansion...yes his decision.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the production room was moving to the TAC as a command central for all production.

+ Reply to Thread