+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holtz Not Afraid to Bench Starters for Turnovers!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: Holtz Not Afraid to Bench Starters for Turnovers!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Trent Taylor fumbles are not a rareity.
    he has corrected most of that-- when you lead the nation in yardage you usually give extra effort-- when 2-3 folks pounding on you it can happen ... yeah -it hurt us in past (NLU) but my days of worrying about TT fumbling is over

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

First, as usual, I will irritate someone with my opinion-- I wake up and look for almost Daily article on Tech written by Isabella. in 50years we have never had constant article in Times. Jerry Byrd did a article every week and doubled that when his son played O line. Watson did articles occasionally and told me point blank Times pulled him off that. Isabella was on radio yesterday for 20 minutes singing the praises of our offense. I doubt we will ever see as much coverage when he moves on... I even go online and read his stuff after game.... Yeah, seems like everyone at Times are die hard LSU but thing he works for Morning Star

Actually chuckled when I read the article, how many times did Kenneth get benched ? Driscal liked way Holtz handled Sokol int etc. Just Coach talk

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Actually chuckled when I read the article, how many times did Kenneth get benched ? Driscal liked way Holtz handled Sokol int etc. Just Coach talk
    The Sokol interception isnt an example.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Who is this Drisal guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    The Sokol interception isnt an example.
    Driscal watching our CUSA title game at home. Sokol thows INT on last series-- we lose-- Holtz on sideline consoling/hugging Sokol. He always said that helped him decide who he wanted to play for. He was impressed that Holtz did not embarrass Sokol like most coaches would. for me its perfect example of his attitude-- he sure as heck did not bench Sokol for Zaxeby/Dallas bowl. how is that NOT perfect example

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Who is this Drisal guy?
    3 brothers --drisal -- driscal best of 3 Driskel . Driskel came to Tech as outside linebacker . Spellcheck seems to have problems with their names --

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

What if benching a player like Carlos urns against us and in his 5th year (grad school) decides to take his talents elsewhere? I know CSH has to discipline. Hopefully the players appreciate it. I am surprised football has not gone the way of college basketball with more kids transferring from mid to major.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Driscal watching our CUSA title game at home. Sokol thows INT on last series-- we lose-- Holtz on sideline consoling/hugging Sokol. He always said that helped him decide who he wanted to play for. He was impressed that Holtz did not embarrass Sokol like most coaches would. for me its perfect example of his attitude-- he sure as heck did not bench Sokol for Zaxeby/Dallas bowl. how is that NOT perfect example
    Im aware of what happened. I mean its not applicable to this whole benching discussion.
    His reaction to Sokol was great. Its all he really could do though.
    Its not the same as if it happened mid-game this season. If they are doing like the USM game... Id say someones gettin benched.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Im aware of what happened. I mean its not applicable to this whole benching discussion.
    His reaction to Sokol was great. Its all he really could do though.
    Its not the same as if it happened mid-game this season. If they are doing like the USM game... Id say someones gettin benched.
    Like when Driskel was benched last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Like when Driskel was benched last year?
    From the sound of it, we didnt have much of a choice at QB last year. Still hate thinkin about that aweful game.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I remember that moment and had the same reaction that Driskel did. Yeah, I was feeling pretty down, as a fan, since we lost that CUSA championship game. But, everyone understood that Sokol felt worst. And while Holtz was most assuredly hurting inside himself, over the pending loss, he set that aside and was a leader and consoled his starting QB.

Sokol did bounce back and led us to victory over Illinois in the bowl game. Holtz earned a lot of respect with me, and I'm sure with many others, for the way he handled all of that.

And now....wow! he benches Henderson in the midst of a career day. Heck! on a historic day! Holtz is becoming a.....do I dare say it?...a great coach! He's becoming Saban-like, even! What a message he sent to the entire team. Mental errors and "short-cuts" will not be tolerated.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

"Like"
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Just rewatched the UMASS game. Henderson looked like he wasn't even trying. There was no one on the field for UMASS that could remotely even come close to matching up with him. When you are THAT much better than anybody defending you, I would imagine it's hard to really concentrate on the little things and not slack off. He was like a man against boys.

+ Reply to Thread