+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: 10/29: Rice game

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: 10/29: Rice game

But, this is the football forum.

Rice sucks this year, no question about it. But, they aren't 45 points bad in comparison to the median level of CUSA. The Dawgs exploited Rice's weaknesses, like most CUSA can't do. WKU beat 'em 46-14, but every other CUSA game has been competitive, including our next two opponents:

UNT 42 Rice 35
    UTSA 14 Rice 13

Last night was an old fashion beat down, and I think is reflective of Holtz's attitude of "leaving no doubt." When Holtz speaks he either says it, or implies his desire to keep the foot on the gas pedal. I like it.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

It was a scrimmage for our 1st string. 2nd strings played well and we came away with no injuries that I know of. J'Mar looked good. He's cool as a cucumber out there. Also, props to Boston Scott on scoring 3 TDs. He's small and hard to find.

Regarding attendance. It looks to be the smallest student crowd we had. Did many skip out for Halloween parties?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post

Regarding attendance. It looks to be the smallest student crowd we had. Did many skip out for Halloween parties?
    Our admin is very arrogant. They just assume students will attend. It took work to get the east side student population built up years ago, but it has steadily dwindled under our current AD. Obviously just winning is not enough for students. For those who say, "The should attend just because..." HEY! They won't. They don't. Fix it!

A halloween (never capitalize) theme would have been a great theme to work around.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

I agree, we're failing in building attendance. We're stagnant. 1-3 starts don't help and neither does beating up on the little sisters of the poor.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Not a huge crowd last night. Expected rout might have had something to do with it.

Still, kudos to that group of die-hard students around me last night. At least 40 of 'em stayed to the end, and even did the "move the chains" chant on Wilson's QB sneak! Now, that's dedication.

Old Dawg80 stood the whole game again, with those crazy students. I will continue to do so, as long as I am physically able. You can always find me on, or near, the South 40, east side. Was on the 45 last night.

I love the energy of the students, and it's really enjoyable to be around people who know, and appreciate, the finer details of football. Makes the whole game experience more fulfilling. Yes, it's more fun when we are packed in like sardines on the east side, but it is what it is, and I never allow what others do, or don't do, to influence my enjoyment. I can have a blast at a Tech game standing all alone. I get "into" the game and that is my focus.

Oh well, just keep building it. We have come a long way from the days of less than 5,000 in Aillet.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I agree 100%. He has pro RB Darren Proles written all over him!
    The single most important job of a punt returner is to catch the punt--catch it first! The Pocket Rocket has a very important role on our team but it is not catching punts. Catching a KO is completely different than fielding a punt due to the flight of the ball. Scott will be an outstanding KO return man.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I did.
    OK. I shouldn't have questioned you. I was unkind and I apologize. I hope your baby brother and sister are feeling better. I'm sure everyone involved appreciates your helping.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Didn't know JBE was at the game. Must've rustled a few feathers having him there. At least he had Tech gear on.
    Who is JBE and what is the story?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

My folks heard he'd be doin the coin-flip at the Grambling homecoming. Guess he arranged to come to both Lincoln Parish games since the times lined up.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    My buddies at the game in Miami said the largest block of people in the stadium was the FIU Band! I could here the LaTech fans yelling in the sparce crowd and we moved to the section where the Bulldogs Fans were setting!.. I had him listen to the LaTech mobile X broadcast and it sounded like there was a BIG crowd at the game...NOT!
    After the first quarter possibly, but after halftime for sure we were the largest group. But during the first half, the group to the right of us was pretty packed.

I believe the large crowd sound came from the crowd (especially their band) effectively using the bowled in stadium and aluminum bleachers to magnify their sounds. The pounding of their feet was very effective!

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Who is JBE and what is the story?
    I'm guessing the guv'nah?

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder which coach voted for us in the Coaches Poll. We got a vote today. Middle Tennessee has five votes. We're getting closer.

Holtz?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    I wonder which coach voted for us in the Coaches Poll. We got a vote today. Middle Tennessee has five votes. We're getting closer.
    Maybe Baliff. Keep in mind, the coaches rarely spend time analyzing this stuff. It's usually an SID or some such who actually casts the vote.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Congrats to Trent on the record. But, strange thing happened. When he caught #281 everyone went nuts and they put a graphic on the Jumbotron. But then, when he set a new record with #282, and then another new record with #283, etc.. no one seemed to care.
    Should we have a new graphic, PA announcement, and standing ovation for every catch he makes for the rest of the season?

+ Reply to Thread