+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favre's Vikings had Bounty Program

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Favre's Vikings had Bounty Program

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Favre's Vikings had Bounty Program

EVERY NFL team has, or had, such incentives. I say "had" because they have to be a little more careful now. But, I suspect they still do, just not as openly.

As for knocking the crap out of an opposing player. I am glad to see players laughing at the pussies of the world who lament hard hits, etc... I mentioned elsewhere we had a "skulls and crossbones" award for putting players out of the game. No, not personal fouls, because we didn't want to give up the 15 yards. But within the rules of the game...at the time. Of course, one of our coaches said he expected an occasional personal foul because without one, we weren't pushing the envelope and getting every nasty hit possible.

So, all you bleeding heart pussies can just take yourselves over to Sesame Street and watch that, if football is too violent for ya. Of course, it's NOT nearly violent enough anymore. It's ridiculous what they have done to it. Jack Lambert, the Hall of Fame LB, once said of rules to protect QBs, "Put skirts on 'em."

As for the whole Bountygate mess. Yeah, as is typical, only the Saints pay a price for something EVERY team was doing. In fact, the overtime rule changed as a result of THIS game! The NFL could not stand it that the Saints benefitted from the rule, winning the toss and getting a FG to advance to the Super Bowl. OMG! if it had been the Vikings, or any other team, it would've been okay. But the Saints!? No, uh uh, we can't have that.

+ Reply to Thread