+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Mike Greenberg wrong??

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Is Mike Greenberg wrong??

He claims that there is no need of an umpire behind the plate. Apparently, wants the human element removed from sport. I say that college and professional sports have gotten worse as the technology has gotten better. I don't enjoy watching or attending games that last 4 1/2 hours due to 10 booth reviews. Keep instant replay in order to review targeting calls, but nothing else. What say you?

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Is Mike Greenberg wrong??

It's not so much the technical stuff. It's the commercials. When attending a game in person I hate to see that dreaded guy with the headphones on (generally a red shirt) walk on to the field. That means at least two to three minutes before restart, but it always seems like five.

I also hate it when a player gets hurt and they wait until he's almost ready to get up and leave before cutting to a commercial. I also hate it when guys who are "hurt" get almost to their sideline and decide they just can't make it. Two steps for chrissake. The UMass game was horrible. UMass must have had 10 or 12 guys get hurt while we had none. Are all players coached that way just to give their team a rest, even when they have the ball?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't disagree that commercial are a much larger contributor to the length of a game.

Also, the air raid offense has made games longer. However, it feels as though our games have gotten considerably longer in the last few years. Maybe it is the fact that almost every game is either televised or streamed now.

My main point of contention is that I saw nothing wrong with the human element.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    My main point of contention is that I saw nothing wrong with the human element.
    I agree. But hi jacking is permitted/encouraged here.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

He claims that there is no need of an umpire behind the plate. Apparently, wants the human element removed from sport. I say that college and professional sports have gotten worse as the technology has gotten better. I don't enjoy watching or attending games that last 4 1/2 hours due to 10 booth reviews. Keep instant replay in order to review targeting calls, but nothing else. What say you?
    Tough questions. You'd probably get 50% to agree and 50% to not.

One thing I'd like to see tried. Put a gps or computer chip in the baseball and football. That way, you'd never have a wrong homer or foul ball call...maybe...I guess...it would be neat to try out. They already track NFL players using gps.
    Also, you'd know where the tip of the football is at all times. Just have the location recorded onto the video and only use it for reviews and only let the reviewers see it.
    Also, have a chip in each ref's whistle so that the reviewer will know, for certain, whether the ball/play was blown dead.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Yes he is wrong... that puts me out of a job.

Unless I can jump on-board with the Technology company!!

I've some of the Cub pinheads bitchin' about last night's Strike Zone. Well they're idiots. I watched from the bottom of the 2nd inning until the end. There were a few borderline pitches that could have gone both ways, but the Umpire was very consistent on the outside and low pitches. The little electronic box really shows me how damn good the MLB guys are. The two pitches in a row that Lester threw a hissyfit about WERE ACTUALLY LOW AS PROVEN BY THE BOX!!! I think that there was one strike 3 call that was too much outside for my liking, and I think that was the one that was on Kris Bryant. That was a Little League strike (over the batter's box line with the catcher set up out there) and not an MLB strike. (The second K in this video clip)
    http://m.mlb.com/video/v1209129583/?game_pk=487631

I would NOT have let the Indians take 5 or so minutes to let the runner at 2nd work out his cramps. At some point, you have to say, "Ok Coach, it's time to play. Take him out or leave him in. Let's go". Other than that, Home Plate Umpire gets an A from this critic.

Kluber was dominant with pitches that were moving all over the place; inside, outside, up and down. Lester's fastball is straight and that change-up or slider didn't move enough to fool the Indian hitters. Cubbies had bases loaded with no outs and puts 1 ball into play; the weak flyout to Center. Russell and Ross both K. That loss had NOTHING to do with the umpire.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

He was inconsistent with his zone - even Joe "Cub-hater" Buck said that Lester wasn't getting the same pitch Kluber was and Smoltz agreed...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

And that totally changed the dynamic of the game -

Makes it a 1-0 game going into the late innings

The best umps and refs are those that are not noticed - if they are noticed they called a bad game regardless of the sport
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Mike Greenberg is wrong 95% of the time. I stopped listening to that liberal SJW hack a long time ago.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Nope. Too many wins would be given to the wrong team if scoring plays, fumbles, interceptions, and out of bounds plays aren't reviewed.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I dont think you need reviews to not need an umpire. Just some sensors.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I dont think you need reviews to not need an umpire. Just some sensors.
    Hum.... Made by another George Soros company to read? I hope not!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Lester got the benefit of the biggest miss of the night... a pitch that was on the batter's box line was called a strike for him. He's a big whiny baby.

And to answer the original question... Yes, Greenberg is wrong... no matter what the subject is.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread