+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Something from Sulphur

Varsity Bulldog 1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough

Something from Sulphur

Background…We are a TECH family …rarely missing a game..( 8 hours roundtrip).
    We knew Tyronne Duplessis from his time at Tech. Our son is a Senior football player at Sulpur. He and we always throw out our “2 2” at the beginning of the 4th quarter to honor Tyronne, his hardwork, his life and his memory. It’s a Respect thing. A reminder that you just never know when your last play will be. Last year one of the SHS coaches saw my son and asked…my son never dropped his “ 2 2” while he explained it. This year we hosted all the SHS Senior players for dinner at our home.. ( Yes..23 players ate 38 racks of ribs, 2 briskets, 20 lbs of sausage, 50+ garlic toasts, etc) ….During dinner my son and I explained the “2 2 “ at the beginning of the 4th. We told them about Tyronne, about his mom, Mary and Dad, George. How the first time I saw him touch the ball in The Joe…and how he kept up with him while he was injured… and how thrilled we were to see him at the WAC Championship game in the driving rain…as he ran around the field in a spray painted sheet that said “WAC Champions”. And how that phone call we got in February stopped us in our tracks and changed how we see football. We told them how out of respect Tyronne’s Louisiana Tech teammates started the “2 2” at the start of the 4th… We challenged our Seniors to learn, live and lead and to set the example of being all in. To realize that every play is a moment . The next night on the sideline and in the center of the field…as they were changing direction …the other SHS Seniors joined my son threw out “2 2’s at the beginning of the 4th. I tell you …it was hard not to cry. They now do this every game. Now probably 95% of our sideline and some of our crowd does too. Our Seniors asked that as we make our path through our SHS season and into the playoffs that if we get anywhere near the New Orleans zip code…we invite the Duplessis to see that their son is even today, inspiring players. and fans...and parents.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Something from Sulphur

Quote Originally Posted by 1962DAWG View Post
    Background…We are a TECH family …rarely missing a game..( 8 hours roundtrip).
    We knew Tyronne Duplessis from his time at Tech. Our son is a Senior football player at Sulpur. He and we always throw out our “2 2” at the beginning of the 4th quarter to honor Tyronne, his hardwork, his life and his memory. It’s a Respect thing. A reminder that you just never know when your last play will be. Last year one of the SHS coaches saw my son and asked…my son never dropped his “ 2 2” while he explained it. This year we hosted all the SHS Senior players for dinner at our home.. ( Yes..23 players ate 38 racks of ribs, 2 briskets, 20 lbs of sausage, 50+ garlic toasts, etc) ….During dinner my son and I explained the “2 2 “ at the beginning of the 4th. We told them about Tyronne, about his mom, Mary and Dad, George. How the first time I saw him touch the ball in The Joe…and how he kept up with him while he was injured… and how thrilled we were to see him at the WAC Championship game in the driving rain…as he ran around the field in a spray painted sheet that said “WAC Champions”. And how that phone call we got in February stopped us in our tracks and changed how we see football. We told them how out of respect Tyronne’s Louisiana Tech teammates started the “2 2” at the start of the 4th… We challenged our Seniors to learn, live and lead and to set the example of being all in. To realize that every play is a moment . The next night on the sideline and in the center of the field…as they were changing direction …the other SHS Seniors joined my son threw out “2 2’s at the beginning of the 4th. I tell you …it was hard not to cry. They now do this every game. Now probably 95% of our sideline and some of our crowd does too. Our Seniors asked that as we make our path through our SHS season and into the playoffs that if we get anywhere near the New Orleans zip code…we invite the Duplessis to see that their son is even today, inspiring players. and fans...and parents.
    thanks for sharing your story and for reminding us the life that God has given us all. Treasure every moment that you have!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

That is cool.

BTW, since he probably won't mention it, that spray-painted sheet "WAC Champions" was curtesy of our very own Dogswin. I helped him hold it up in the stands and then some of players called for it to be brought to them.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Great post

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Wonderful post. Thanks for inspiring not only Sulphur's players, but all of us!

Big Dog latechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the rough

Great post, thanks for sharing that

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Awesome post 1962Dawg! It is good to see the love and respect for Tyronne Duplessis continuing today. Tyronne was such a humble and good young man. And he was sooooo appreciative of that 'WAC Champions' banner and proud of his team's accomplishment that he simply was not leaving the field without it that day! lol

I hope your son and his teammates have a great finish to this season season and that God blesses you all tremendously. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and feelings about Tyronne with us.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

So many great life lesson in that post. Thanks!

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

Beautiful! I still own and wear a shirt we had honoring him. Thank you for sharing your story. Good luck on your season! #WeAreLaTech #Bulldogfamily

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Good stuff!!! Proud to be a Golden Tor alum. Keep up the good work. Beat Barbe!!!!

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

Great post! It reminds us that each one of us is not guaranteed a long or perfect life. Live your life so you can be proud and your family can be proud of you. Honor your father and mother so your life will be long on this earth. (Paraphrased)

Varsity Bulldog 1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough

Tonight Sulphur High School won their first playoff game against Airline. When my son and I told our Seniors about Tyronne at the start of the season, we never thought we would cross paths with Tyronne's high school team. When I talked to our Seniors last night at our dinner....I told them if they won tonight ..they would be taking Tyronne Duplessis and his "22" home. We will be playing Landry Walker in their stadium next Friday night. I told them that they were going to have the opportunity to put his "22" in the air at the beginning of the 4th in the stadium where Tyronne played his high school career and at the school where they held his funeral. The realization, that they will be able to bring their adopted "12th man" back to his home set in, and let me say..there was one of "those" moments...when you know the risk you took with sharing a personal story at the beginning of the season was the right thing to do. The Seniors were not going to leave him behind. They decided he has been with them all season...he is their 12th man and they would be taking him back to his home.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Great post! Thank you for sharing that!!!!!!!!!!

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

That is awesome...long live 22!!

Last night at Behrman Stadium the Sulphur Football Seniors presented George and Mary Dulplessis, along with Tyrone's sister and his OPWalker football coach a signed Sulphur Jersey. We dug a white "22" jersey out of our " this jersey went to the Dome in 2006" box and each SHS Sr. signed it. They walked out to meet the Duplessis at the center of the field. Mr. Duplessis wore Tyrone's jersey. Mrs. Duplessis had that big Tyrone pin on. The announcer spoke about how the Sulphur players had learned about Tyrone and how they had "adopted" him and his spirit as their 12th man. Our Senior kicker spoke and presented the jersey since ..well, his confirmation picture at church was him and the "DAWGS", including Tyrone. Each of our guys shook hands with the Duplessis's and told them about how Tyrone's hard work and leadership had inspired them this season. I think they all ended up hugging it out. I have always been proud of Sulphur, but I have never been prouder of my Sulphur team than last night. A couple of our juniors who weren't part of my initial "Mom Talk" and challenge came out to shake hands with the Duplessis. They all got this. They understood this. They now own this. This moment will stay with them. Leaders that step up. Once the photos of the moment are available... I will figure out how to upload them.

+ Reply to Thread