+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best football season ever?

Varsity Bulldog LaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the rough LaTechAlum2014's Avatar

Best football season ever?

I've been a supporter of LaTech football (and all other athletics) since I transferred to Tech in 2012. I've been lucky to enjoy some quality seasons of Bulldog football, and some not so great seasons too.

However, since most of you have been supporters since the 90s, 80s, 70s, and even before, I was wondering what many of you consider to be the best season ever in LaTech football. Just trying to gauge the crowd. Thanks!

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Re: Best football season ever?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

1999 and 2012 were both crazy, stupid fun.

Of course, each of those seasons ended the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    1999 and 2012 were both crazy, stupid fun.

Of course, each of those seasons ended the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
    They were. Both of those teams got ranked as well. Sad how 2012 regular season ended and even more sad that neither of those teams went bowling. Hard to say. Bowl games in either of those seasons would cement them as the best seasons ever.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechAlum2014 View Post
    I've been a supporter of LaTech football (and all other athletics) since I transferred to Tech in 2012. I've been lucky to enjoy some quality seasons of Bulldog football, and some not so great seasons too.

However, since most of you have been supporters since the 90s, 80s, 70s, and even before, I was wondering what many of you consider to be the best season ever in LaTech football. Just trying to gauge the crowd. Thanks!
    1-3, victory over LSU in Ruston

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

1997, 1999, and 2012 in recent times.

1990 and 1991 were good too

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

2006 was solid!!!

Just seeing if anyone is paying attention.

The 97 and 99 teams were awesome!

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

2001 the year we won the WAC at home beating ranked Fresno State - goal posts down!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty close, going by my historical Elo ratings that I've been working on. At least at the FBS level (1000 is the value of an average team, gain value on wins).

2011 was great based on its surrounding context.

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

I'm partial to 1990. I was sophomore and we went bowling in our 2nd year of full 1-A status. The Colorado State game that year was crazy. Ended up with the posts down and us in Shreveport in December. For pure magic, I'd go with 2011 -- Nevada game late in the year was incredible...plus Conference Championship!

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    2001 the year we won the WAC at home beating ranked Fresno State - goal posts down!
    We won WAC in Tulsa

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    We won WAC in Tulsa
    'Give it to Joe!'

Giant leaf-blower that day.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Varsity Bulldog LaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the rough LaTechAlum2014's Avatar

2012 was special, even more so for me because that was my first year at Tech. I was a junior at the time.

Unfortunately, senior year for me was the first year Holtz took over. Myself and two friends had gone to his introductory press conference and spoke to him after his opening statement. One of my friends told him to "score a lot of points". I think we all know how that turned out.

I even made the trip up to Lawrence, Kansas via Greyhound to catch the Tech v. KU game in 2013 during that first year for Holtz. Oh, the terrible memories from that one.

Ever since though, it's been mostly good.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddawg31 View Post
    I'm partial to 1990. I was sophomore and we went bowling in our 2nd year of full 1-A status. The Colorado State game that year was crazy. Ended up with the posts down and us in Shreveport in December. For pure magic, I'd go with 2011 -- Nevada game late in the year was incredible...plus Conference Championship!
    We think alike. Both seasons ended well with non-blowouts. 1997 and 2000 both ended in a really bad way.

+ Reply to Thread