+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing GOP divisions post-election

Varsity Bulldog Jacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the rough

Healing GOP divisions post-election

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...es-divide-2016

Great article about healing the divisions between conservatives. I know I'm guilty of being too high-handed when talking about my dislike for Trump. We will all have to come together after this election to oppose Clinton. If we can keep the House and Senate, we stand a chance to force her hand with the SCOTUS.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: Healing GOP divisions post-election

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksonian View Post

Great article about healing the divisions between conservatives. I know I'm guilty of being too high-handed when talking about my dislike for Trump. We will all have to come together after this election to oppose Clinton. If we can keep the House and Senate, we stand a chance to force her hand with the SCOTUS.
    The problem is that the republicans are not really conservatives, and are political cowards. They want to be liked by the press, and the press will fawn over them as they bad mouth other republicans (especially tea party conservatives), but once the chips are down the press turns and makes them look foolish. Look at how they handled the John McCain candidacy.

The republicans did little to slow down the progressive agenda, even after winning both houses of congress with a mandate to do so. This is why Donald Trump is so popular.

The republican party is toast, at least for a decade or so. Maybe forever.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksonian View Post

It's not a done deal yet.

Varsity Bulldog Jacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the rough

Trump is the least popular candidate in recent history. Almost every poll agrees on this. His favorability ratings among GOP is a little under 70%. At the same point in 2012, Romney's favorable ratings among GOP was over 90%.

Hoping for the GOP to fail is not solving anything. Without an opposition Hillary will just run all over everyone.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    The republican party is toast, at least for a decade or so. Maybe forever.
    Let's hope this is the case.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

The Republican party is dead in that it will not look like it did from the 90's to last year. Chrisitian values are over. Family values may be over. The moral majority is now the minority. Conservatism may have lost to progressive Republicanism (big government is the answer, but just with smarter people in charge). Isolationism has won over globalism. It will still be the party of a strict interpretation of the Constitution once Trump leaves and someone like Rand Paul takes over the movement.

The last of the conservatives (Reagan Republicans) are old and dying. The new generations are nothing like them, imo.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly T1.

People willing to work for what they want or have are now out numbered by people who want everything Given too them.

We will never win another potUS election. Our only hope is to fight them in the house and senate

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    The Republican party is dead in that it will not look like it did from the 90's to last year. Chrisitian values are over. Family values may be over. The moral majority is now the minority. Conservatism may have lost to progressive Republicanism (big government is the answer, but just with smarter people in charge). Isolationism has won over globalism. It will still be the party of a strict interpretation of the Constitution once Trump leaves and someone like Rand Paul takes over the movement.

The last of the conservatives (Reagan Republicans) are old and dying. The new generations are nothing like them, imo.
    Fiscal conservatism and strict interpretation will probably be the strongest platform positions post-Trump. I don't think isolationism has won out over globalism. Cruz, Rubio, Ryan, all are pro free trade and limited interventionism. I don't see Rand Paul taking over anytime soon. These are still small government conservatives, but they know the party must reach out to other demographic bases to stand a chance at the POTUS in 2020. I think the party will maintain Christian values, but be less overt about it so they can appeal to other religious groups and non-religious conservatives.

I heard a new term yesterday - "Reformicons" - supposedly the heirs to Reagan Neoconservatives. Things will shake up after the election. We need to try and work together instead of fighting each other over the blame for Trump.

+ Reply to Thread