+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shout Out to the BOP

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Shout Out to the BOP

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    I've been to many a Tech fb game over many years, but I can't ever remember our BOP looking or sounding as good as they did tonight. GREAT JOB, BOP !!!
    Thank you for posting that. I agree. I just got back home to Texas and I was going to start a similar thread if someone else hadn't. I couldn't believe my eyes and ears last night; the Band of Pride LOOKED AND SOUNDED GREAT!! And it was the best halftime performance I can remember from the BOP.

Very well done, BOP. Take a bow!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Question for RhythmDawg: why can members of athletics teams be required to stay in Ruston and participate during break but band members can't? Please know, I'm not complaining, just asking.
    One is paid to play and one isn't.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Thank you for posting that. I agree. I just got back home to Texas and I was going to start a similar thread if someone else hadn't. I couldn't believe my eyes and ears last night; the Band of Pride LOOKED AND SOUNDED GREAT!! And it was the best halftime performance I can remember from the BOP.

Very well done, BOP. Take a bow!
    Glad to see so many enjoyed, I , the same as you, cannot remember a time I enjoyed it more or have seen them looking and sounding so great!

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know where one could find a BOP roster? I believe there may be a member or two that is from my hometown and I would surely like to tell their parents how many compliments this weekends performance has garnered. I live in a pretty small town so I more than likely know either parents or grandparents.

Puppy TheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTheRustonRustler Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by bleudog View Post
    Hey thats me! I hope Jaqwis saw what we did. I wanted to get us ribbons with "Dogs4Dancy" or something on it, but I thought of the idea too late. Glad so many people seemed to like it.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    There has been interest expressed and discussion had about the USM game but logistically it's going to be almost impossible. It isn't a money thing. I actually have a donor willing to fund it. It's the Friday after thanksgiving. Kids will be at home. Can't require it...so it would be volunteers only. Most would travel independently and not by bus as a group. They'd have to travel home after the game, again, driving themselves. There's concern over their safety doing that. And that's just for starters.

It would be great, but the biggest impact for the program and for Tech...and bang for the buck...is going to be the UNT game. Next year that may be Rice.

We don't recruit Hattiesburg.
    Just my thoughts: small details count. We're trying to develop a rivalry and a sense of compelling athletics; not committing our student organizations to this cause holds us back. It seems we've arranged to schedule the USM game around Thanksgiving every year as our "rivalry in dixie" so we either commit to having the band available or not, including when we play at home. I hope we all haven't forgotten how it felt to have USM fans and their band show up our fans and band in our own house last year. I'd imagine USM band members were on their holiday last year too. I don't figure Auburn leaves its band at home when it plays Alabama over Thanksgiving.

I can't imagine there aren't solutions to the issues (financial or otherwise) which have come up. Require/provide those who volunteer, to bus to and from Ruston and allow the students who live on campus access to housing? Arrange overnight lodging around Hattiesburg?

Why are we recruiting kids to the BOP if they don't go play at our most important games anyway?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Chatted with MOB director of bands, Mr. Throckmorton on the bench as the BOP took the field. Asked him about their performance at Baylor where they formed a star then a Roman Numeral IX to poke fun at the resignation of Starr, the school president, and their continued time in the public with female student abuse and Title IX issues. "They complained to us, but I told them if they'd quit denying everything publicly it would one day go away. As a result, every day brings a new public revelation, like, what, yesterday?"
    What about tonight in Ruston, I asked. Didn't see any jabs at Ruston and Tech.
    "We just couldn't find anything to have fun with this trip. By the way, did y'all ever decide which shade of blue you liked?"
    We both had a good laugh.
    Since we sent a pep band to Rice last year, they did the same to us this year. . . . . . sarcasm.

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Just my thoughts: small details count. We're trying to develop a rivalry and a sense of compelling athletics; not committing our student organizations to this cause holds us back. It seems we've arranged to schedule the USM game around Thanksgiving every year as our "rivalry in dixie" so we either commit to having the band available or not, including when we play at home. I hope we all haven't forgotten how it felt to have USM fans and their band show up our fans and band in our own house last year. I'd imagine USM band members were on their holiday last year too. I don't figure Auburn leaves its band at home when it plays Alabama over Thanksgiving.

I can't imagine there aren't solutions to the issues (financial or otherwise) which have come up. Require/provide those who volunteer, to bus to and from Ruston and allow the students who live on campus access to housing? Arrange overnight lodging around Hattiesburg?

Why are we recruiting kids to the BOP if they don't go play at our most important games anyway?
    We should just change to a semester calendar...right this minute!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

The students can be given an I for the class to hold over until Winter Quarter. Too easy.
    The school needs to figure housing and food. Too easy.
    The powers that be need to want to do it. Too hard.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Last year's band turnout wasnt bad, the Rice game in 2014 was much smaller. I think the USM director even complimented how many we had because it was so hard for him to get people to come for his band.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    The students can be given an I for the class to hold over until Winter Quarter. Too easy.
    The school needs to figure housing and food. Too easy.
    The powers that be need to want to do it. Too hard.
    Besides, USM is a C-USA team. We need to continue fostering our relationships with Southland conference teams.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Chatted with MOB director of bands, Mr. Throckmorton on the bench as the BOP took the field. Asked him about their performance at Baylor where they formed a star then a Roman Numeral IX to poke fun at the resignation of Starr, the school president, and their continued time in the public with female student abuse and Title IX issues. "They complained to us, but I told them if they'd quit denying everything publicly it would one day go away. As a result, every day brings a new public revelation, like, what, yesterday?"
    What about tonight in Ruston, I asked. Didn't see any jabs at Ruston and Tech.
    "We just couldn't find anything to have fun with this trip. By the way, did y'all ever decide which shade of blue you liked?"
    We both had a good laugh.
    Since we sent a pep band to Rice last year, they did the same to us this year. . . . . . sarcasm.

Attachment 13746
    Attachment 13747
    Attachment 13748
    Attachment 13749
    That flag is upside down.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Not impressed with the Mob.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I thought the BOP was great! I guess I'm in the minority, but I also enjoyed the MOB halftime show. Glad the MOB showed up. That is one of the things that makes college football great.

+ Reply to Thread