+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One of the greatest coaches in North La, Coach Larry Stegall, passes away

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

One of the greatest coaches in North La, Coach Larry Stegall, passes away

I just wanted to put this here. Coach Stegall was at Downsville High School for the entire 13 years I was there and helped shape hundreds of young men and young women into good people. If you were from a small school in the Union, Lincoln, Jackson, or Bienville parish area or the old district 2B then you knew Coach Stegall. Next to my father, who passed away earlier this year (and was a long time Tech employee), Coach Stegall was the most influential man in my life. To this day I still say things to people that he said to me in high school as if they were my own words. Praying for the loved ones he leaves behind and feeling blessed that my life was placed in his path.

Coach Larry Stegall, age 78 of Farmerville, peacefully rejoined his wife in Heaven on Wednesday, October 26, 2016. Born September 1, 1938, in St. Francois County in Missouri, he moved to North Louisiana to attend school and play basketball for then Northeast Louisiana College. After graduation, he immediately began his coaching career in Missouri at Bismark Junior High and later Hillsboro High and North County High which was his alma mater. After returning to Louisiana, he coached at Tallulah High School and Farmerville High School eventually settling as head coach in baseball and basketball at Downsville High School where he coached for over 20 years. There he won 20 district titles and 5 state championships in baseball as well as multiple district championships in basketball. He was inducted into the LHSAA Hall Of Fame in 2009. Though he loved sports, Coach Stegall found his greatest joy in spending time with his family, making others laugh, helping strangers and attending First United Methodist Church of Farmerville.

http://kilpatrickfuneralhomes.com/ob...larry-stegall/

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: One of the greatest coaches in North La, Coach Larry Stegall, passes away

Thoughts and prayers to the Stegall family, and to all those touched by him. I never knew Coach Stegall, but I knew men like him. Men who cared enough to not allow a young, rebellious Dawg80 to stray too far off track. I'm sure many of us can be thankful such men exist.

God bless Coach Stegall.

+ Reply to Thread