+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Independence Bowl

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Re: Independence Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Apparently 33 times since 1994 (thru 2012). The advent of conference championship games created 24 of them.

http://newsok.com/article/3636904
    Rematches, but looks like Bowl rematches are only 9 (as conference championships aren't Bowls). But I do remember in our first 10 years we played LSU up to 3 times in a season.

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

So Arkansas, Kentucky, South Carolina & Ole Miss will all likely finish 6-6. I'd be okay playing any of those in a bowl.

Vandy, MS St and Missouri will all be staying at home.
    Man, it would be FANTASTIC if MSState could be Holtz's first regular season P5 win with Tech, and for it to be a blowout at home next year! They certainly have lost their way after Prescott...

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

So Arkansas, Kentucky, South Carolina & Ole Miss will all likely finish 6-6. I'd be okay playing any of those in a bowl.

Vandy, MS St and Missouri will all be staying at home.
    Arkansas should finish at least 7-5 w/ Missouri and MSU still on the schedule.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    Rematches, but looks like Bowl rematches are only 9 (as conference championships aren't Bowls). But I do remember in our first 10 years we played LSU up to 3 times in a season.
    To be fair, there werent as many teams back then

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    IMHO, if Arkansas finishes 7-5 they are unlikely to meet Tech in a bowl game.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Make that 8-4 with Missouri and Mississippi State still to come.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Congrats to the Razorbacks for spanking that Florida aaaaasssssss today.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Make that 8-4 with Missouri and Mississippi State still to come.
    Yep!

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

The way I see it, we're bowling 3 years running for the first time in... ever? IDGAF where we go. We're bowling. We have established consistency in this program that is unparalleled.

That said, if we end up at Indy against a crappy SEC team, cool. I'd prefer that over beating the crap out of another belch team in the Superdome. Otherwise, whatever. We're bowling. I'm happy.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    The way I see it, we're bowling 3 years running for the first time in... ever? IDGAF where we go. We're bowling. We have established consistency in this program that is unparalleled.

That said, if we end up at Indy against a crappy SEC team, cool. I'd prefer that over beating the crap out of another belch team in the Superdome. Otherwise, whatever. We're bowling. I'm happy.
    I think each of us has our own bowl preferences, but I agree with you...the fact that we'll be going SOMEWHERE for the 3rd consecutive year is terrific!!

+ Reply to Thread