+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prediction Thread

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Prediction Thread

I really don't want much political talk, but I am interested in seeing how people think the electoral vote will end. I'm hopeful this thread will work like a normal sports prediction thread.

I'm looking for the final Electoral Vote, so let's take a look into the crystal ball...

Clinton 305
    Trump 233

That's my prediction. What's your final tally?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Prediction Thread

I would not be surprised with either outcome. I think it's unpredictable because this election is like no other we've ever had. Over half the country doesn't like either candidate.... that changes all the typical polling methods. We still don't know if Hillary will be going to jail yet, but it looks likely.

If you held a gun to my head and forced me to make the right call, I'd go with Hillary winning the EC vote and the popular vote being very, very tight... maybe even Trump winning the popular vote.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

*Popular vote: Trump 46.6% Klinton 45.9% Others 7.5%

EC: Klinton 270 Trump 268

* better characterized as the Unpopular vote, given these two candidates.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

But! Vegas has Klinton +44. So, take Trump and the points (EC votes)!

Forgot to add, if Trump wins New Hampshire in my scenario, Trump wins the EC 272 to 266.

About two month ago I posted that NH might play a huge role in deciding this thing. That, of course, was based on what many pundits were saying back then, and it appears they were really close on that prediction.

Caveat: all of this predicated on the other toss-up states all breaking the way they are predicted to do, with no surprises.

Varsity Bulldog Jacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the rough

Clinton will hover around 300, Trump 240.

Of course I'd love to see 267 Trump, 267 Clinton, and 6 McMullin. Send it to the house!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

269 - 269 with Trump winning in the house and hypocrite Hillary protesting and not accepting the peoples wishes.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I would not be surprised with either outcome. I think it's unpredictable because this election is like no other we've ever had. Over half the country doesn't like either candidate.... that changes all the typical polling methods. We still don't know if Hillary will be going to jail yet, but it looks likely.

If you held a gun to my head and forced me to make the right call, I'd go with Hillary winning the EC vote and the popular vote being very, very tight... maybe even Trump winning the popular vote.
    If an electorial college rep's district votes one way, can't the rep still make their own choice?

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    If an electorial college rep's district votes one way, can't the rep still make their own choice?
    I guess they can. There have been 271 "faithless" electors in US Government history. I suspect if it is a close race, the popular vote will be flipped by the electoral college.

Varsity Bulldog Jacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    There's no federal law requiring electors to vote with the people. Some states require it, but it's usually only punishable by fines. There have been quite a few faithless electors, but none has ever affected the outcome of a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksonian View Post
    There's no federal law requiring electors to vote with the people. Some states require it, but it's usually only punishable by fines. There have been quite a few faithless electors, but none has ever affected the outcome of a race.
    Which should make "anti-establishment" voters nervous, as electors are usually the "elected establishment..."

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Electoral College
    Clinton: 303
    Trump: 235

Popular vote
    Clinton: 48%
    Trump: 45%

Trump holds Ohio, but loses Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Florida. Based on that, the call will come around 11pm.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Electoral College
    Clinton: 303
    Trump: 235

Popular vote
    Clinton: 48%
    Trump: 45%

Trump holds Ohio, but loses Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Florida. Based on that, the call will come around 11pm.
    It should come earlier that that if this is the case. All eastern time zones would mean 9PM our time.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

One of the worst political candidates of all time will win a landslide victory tonight. That candidate being Hillary. She will finish 315+

+ Reply to Thread