+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UTSA Line

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: UTSA Line

Trap Game!!

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Think UTSA may be a much better team than expected. They lead Arizona state 28-15 at half --gave Colorado state a solid game and destroyed S Miss (55-32) and Middle Tenn (45-25). Most of those games they were big underdogs ... we lost to MT and their schedule has been tough and gets tougher after us ( Texas AM) --- Beat us and they in position to win division....
    I'll say it again, the difference between UTEP vs MTSU/SoMiss is that UTEP is a line first (run O/run D) team, while MTSU and SoMiss are bad against the run (same for UNT). That was why UTSA triumphed against those 2. WKU and Louisiana Tech are better against the run than the pass, and should be able to beat UTSA much easier than UTEP. With that said, I think we will win by 2+ TD's

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

If Baker has our defense ready to go, I think we win by a couple of TDs.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    If Baker has our defense ready to go, I think we win by a couple of TDs.
    Agreed.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    I'll say it again, the difference between UTEP vs MTSU/SoMiss is that UTEP is a line first (run O/run D) team, while MTSU and SoMiss are bad against the run (same for UNT). That was why UTSA triumphed against those 2. WKU and Louisiana Tech are better against the run than the pass, and should be able to beat UTSA much easier than UTEP. With that said, I think we will win by 2+ TD's
    Some stats showing UTSA's rushing success ratio (i.e. the # of TDs) to the victory success:

Opponent UTSA
    Rush TDs Rush Yds TO margin Rush TDs Rush Yds TO margin UTSA Victory Margin
    ODU 3 238 2 1 131 -2 -14
    UTEP 3 159 0 0 278 0 (OT/-3)
    UNT 1 152 -4 2 176 4 14
    MTSU 1 110 -2 4 270 2 20
    SoMiss 1 179 -3 6 339 3 23

Puppy meangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    UTSA beat UNT pretty convincingly. They also beat the dog out of USM and MT.
    They were +7 in turn over margin in those two games. As long as LaTech wins the turn over battle you will pull away.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Stop the run, win the turnover battle.... easy, peasy
    Good old Memorial Gym

Puppy meangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Stop the run, win the turnover battle.... easy, peasy
    Not even sure you need to stop their run game. They will kill their own drives a lot more than you will. LaTech is #13 in the country in fewest penalties, they are 85th. So you will score on a larger % of your posessions.

Turnovers however, will take a possession away from you, and give it to them. As long as you keep possessions even you will score on more of them and win.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    since I last posted I read that MT lost their outstanding Quarterback and MT offense turned ball over 4 times... that would explain a lot but UTSA was up 28-15 on Arizona State -crushed SM 55-32
    and played Col State tough. think this will be best team since WK ..... Tech covers ... our seniors are going to put on a show and I hope our fan base shows up!

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    since I last posted I read that MT lost their outstanding Quarterback and MT offense turned ball over 4 times... that would explain a lot but UTSA was up 28-15 on Arizona State -crushed SM 55-32
    and played Col State tough. think this will be best team since WK ..... Tech covers ... our seniors are going to put on a show and I hope our fan base shows up!
    The longer this season goes, the less impressive "Crushing USM" looks. Im seeing they may be having QB issues now?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    The longer this season goes, the less impressive "Crushing USM" looks. Im seeing they may be having QB issues now?
    He got knocked out of last game with possible concussion (is what I think I read somewhere).
    Good old Memorial Gym

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    He got knocked out of last game with possible concussion (is what I think I read somewhere).
    You are correct. Both USM QB Nick Mullens and his backup Parker Adamson were knocked out of their game Saturday.
    http://www.wbtv.com/story/33656798/s...emains-muddled

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    You are correct. Both USM QB Nick Mullens and his backup Parker Adamson were knocked out of their game Saturday.
    http://www.wbtv.com/story/33656798/s...emains-muddled
    Wow, how unfortunate can you get?

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

....He was

All time favorite skit in all time favorite comedy variety show.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

The key to this game is UTSA's 3rd-down percentage. They have to convert 3rd downs to keep Tech's offense off the field. It reallly is their only chance to win, by limiting Tech's number of possessions.

But, it is a legitimate route to victory. Tech's D HAS to get off the field. Sitting back and just letting them complete short passes is playing into UTSA's gameplan, big time. As far as I'm concerned, this game is won or lost by Tech DC's game plan.

+ Reply to Thread