+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Amik Robertson: Next Trent Taylor or Xavier Woods or ????

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Re: 2017 Amik Robertson: Next Trent Taylor or Xavier Woods or ????

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    You sure? We are 6th in the nation in sacks while the guys in BR are 36th. Jaylon Ferguson is also 2nd in the nation in sacks individually, which with your theory has led to Xavier Woods being 2nd in the nation in INTs. So yes, I'll take this guy with his Honey Badger similarities and I will expect him to do very very very well considering we have one of the best d-lines in the country.
    And, obviously.. More pressure = less time to throw the ball, more errant throws, DB's don't have to cover as long, routes get shorter and easier to jump etc. everyone knows a defensive backfield looks crappy with no rush. Definitely not a theory. When has that worked the other way around??

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    The guys in BR have the best D Linemen in the nation
    So, LSU fan, how did they fair against Bama? 216 rush yards for Bama. How many for LSU? 33. Fournette got those 33.

How many rushing yards did Bama manage on WKU? 124 rush yards.

So it would seem to me that Bama has a much better D-Line that LSPoo, AND... WKU has a better DLine than LSU.

I should also note that we managed 107 rushing yards vs WKU.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: thread title: Let's get him on campus first before we build the statue.

Good top end speed. First step isn't as explosive.

He has great vision and follows blockers very well. Surprisingly hard to tackle.

I do like that he hands the ball to the ref and celebrates with teammates, but he tends to shut it down once he sees the open field (ala Cam Newton; and he got smoked in Atlanta for doing it) Get to the damn end zone before slowing down.

Also do NOT like at the 3 minute mark where he cut that run back and before he even crossed the 50, he's staring down the other teams sideline rather that looking for defenders that are actually on the field that might be able to catch him.

Very athletic.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Re: thread title: Let's get him on campus first before we build the statue.

Good top end speed. First step isn't as explosive.

He has great vision and follows blockers very well. Surprisingly hard to tackle.

I do like that he hands the ball to the ref and celebrates with teammates, but he tends to shut it down once he sees the open field (ala Cam Newton; and he got smoked in Atlanta for doing it) Get to the damn end zone before slowing down.

Also do NOT like at the 3 minute mark where he cut that run back and before he even crossed the 50, he's staring down the other teams sideline rather that looking for defenders that are actually on the field that might be able to catch him.

Very athletic.
    Damn dude, the thread was really about us getting some pub in New Orleans paper. Thread title was to generate conversation and comparison about his size/weight/build with Taylor and/or his athleticism/vertical jump at DB position with Woods. Seems like a real good pick up for ole La Poly from a highly recruited area. "Statue" really come on man was that dig really necessary!!!

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post
    Damn dude, the thread was really about us getting some pub in New Orleans paper. Thread title was to generate conversation and comparison about his size/weight/build with Taylor and/or his athleticism/vertical jump at DB position with Woods. Seems like a real good pick up for ole La Poly from a highly recruited area. "Statue" really come on man was that dig really necessary!!!
    You are on BBB - remember

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    You are on BBB - remember
    PEACE here is a reference to "a PEACE of my mind."

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    So, LSU fan, how did they fair against Bama? 216 rush yards for Bama. How many for LSU? 33. Fournette got those 33.

How many rushing yards did Bama manage on WKU? 124 rush yards.

So it would seem to me that Bama has a much better D-Line that LSPoo, AND... WKU has a better DLine than LSU.

I should also note that we managed 107 rushing yards vs WKU.
    Nice try, but LSU has a top D line no matter what western Kentucky does in an Alabama warm up game. Also, I am no LSU fan. I am a football fan and I watch a lot of it.. Just ask my girlfriend.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

What I'm not hearing about the LSU-Bama game is that the score should of been 20-0 or worse in favor of Bama...

And the fact that LSU still hasn't really beaten anyone this and the 3 wins heading into the game were mediocre at best
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Nice try, but LSU has a top D line no matter what western Kentucky does in an Alabama warm up game. Also, I am no LSU fan. I am a football fan and I watch a lot of it.. Just ask my girlfriend.
    How can you say that LSU has a better DLine than Alabama then? Your previous statement was that LSU had the best in the nation. Also, how could you, whose name is "Dixonfor6" say that Fournette was the better running back when Dixon was so much better, and played with poorer lines for most of his career. Only an LSU Homer would say LSU's DLine was the best in the nation after the pummeling Bama gave them.

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    How can you say that LSU has a better DLine than Alabama then? Your previous statement was that LSU had the best in the nation. Also, how could you, whose name is "Dixonfor6" say that Fournette was the better running back when Dixon was so much better, and played with poorer lines for most of his career. Only an LSU Homer would say LSU's DLine was the best in the nation after the pummeling Bama gave them.
    Fournette and Dixon aren't even comparable. Wanna compare Le'Veon Bell to Leshean McCoy?

+ Reply to Thread