+ Reply to Thread
Page 307 of 374 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 5601

Thread: President Trump

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    That works both ways. The way flu deaths of any variety are always calculated is using reverse looking data analytics. That produces a range - in the case of the swine flu, somewhere between 8k and 18k deaths that are likely attributable to swine flu in the US.

For COVID, we are reporting lab confirmed COVID deaths, which results in an undercount.
    And as a reminder, those deaths were back-calculated over a full year, 2 flu seasons.

I comparison, Trump’s mismanagement of COVID has resulted in 163k deaths so far, currently adding over 1k new deaths a day...

That is an Obama swine flu every 10 days.
    That is a daily death rate of more than double that of the Civil war.
    That is like having 3 Vietnam Wars in 5 months.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

And as a reminder, those deaths were back-calculated over a full year, 2 flu seasons.

I comparison, Trump’s mismanagement of COVID has resulted in 163k deaths so far, currently adding over 1k new deaths a day...

That is an Obama swine flu every 10 days.
    That is a daily death rate of more than double that of the Civil war.
    That is like having 3 Vietnam Wars in 5 months.
    You are stupid.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You are stupid.
    All I stated was facts.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

No, you didn't...by posting those together you attempted to link those historical events together when they have NO connection whatsoever. Secondly, we've been through this before, your TRYING and FAILING to place blame where it does not lay. Since you can't seem to learn from that mistake that constitutes being "stupid," by the classic definition: the inability to learn.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

For COVID, we are reporting lab confirmed COVID deaths, which results in an undercount.
    No we are reporting those who died WITH the China Virus. Maybe even those with the antibody findings. Been through this before too. Hearing about more and more false positive tests.

The old and sick are the ones who are dying. Been that way since this crap started.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    No we are reporting those who died WITH the China Virus. Maybe even those with the antibody findings. Been through this before too. Hearing about more and more false positive tests.

The old and sick are the ones who are dying. Been that way since this crap started.
    The testing thing depends.

I seriously doubt you are hearing about false positives for the molecular PCR tests. Those have exceedingly low false positivity and this is the primary diagnostic test that would be used in treating patients.

Some places use the rapid antigen test for screening purposes - like if you wanted to visit the President. Some workplaces dealing with sensitive populations are using this, too. These have a higher false positivity rate. That is not great, but it is acceptable for how these tests are being used - to screen people.

Antibody tests that tell you whether you had the disease - highest of all the tests for false positivity. This is bad if it causes you to behave as if you can’t get coronavirus.

No, you didn't...by posting those together you attempted to link those historical events together when they have NO connection whatsoever. Secondly, we've been through this before, your TRYING and FAILING to place blame where it does not lay. Since you can't seem to learn from that mistake that constitutes being "stupid," by the classic definition: the inability to learn.
    And keep in mind we are currently experiencing 15 times more deaths per capita a day from COVID than the EU and 20 times more per capita COVID deaths per day than Canada.

Trump really screwed this up.

Wrong!!! the US is currently 8th worse in the world in deaths per capita. And Brazil is just about to pass us, dropping us to 9th when that happens, probably in the next couple of days.

Now, I agree, being in the top 10 is way too high, but stop the effing lies...15X more deaths per capita...what a doozey!

Your negative credibility rating just took another hit...

Wrong!!! the US is currently 8th worse in the world in deaths per capita. And Brazil is just about to pass us, dropping us to 9th when that happens, probably in the next couple of days.

Now, I agree, being in the top 10 is way too high, but stop the effing lies...15X more deaths per capita...what a doozey!

Your negative credibility rating just took another hit...
    Reread my post. It was dead on accurate. I am talking about daily per capita deaths for COVID right now, in August. Not looking back cumulatively from day 1.
    Half a year into this disaster, Americans are dying at a much faster rate from COVID than Europe and Canada.

Reread my post. It was dead on accurate. I am talking about daily per capita deaths for COVID right now, in August. Not looking back cumulatively from day 1.
    Half a year into this disaster, Americans are dying at a much faster rate from COVID than Europe and Canada.
    Okay...in the interest of my own credibility, I found a couple of what I consider to be reliable sources, that support your contention of "current" daily death rates. The two sites have stats dating from August 1 - August 8 with three-day rolling averages used to "smooth out the humps due to reporting time lags." And in comparing US to Europe and Canada, which you did state, 15X the rate is an acceptable "rounded-off" estimate. I hereby restore a few credibility points to your overall score...but it remains way down in the negative numbers.

It should also be noted that while Europe and Canada are presently doing better in that one statistical category...I'm sure carefully cherry-picked by you to try to make a political point...there are other countries, namely Brazil and Columbia, and Malaysia, I think it is, that are not doing so well in comparison to the US.

But...on the other part of your contention: blaming Trump. Sorry, nope! can't go there. Are there ANY state/local political leaders anywhere in this country (indeed, the world) who is NOT familiar with the current China virus outbreak? Anyone? Goosey, can you find and name any governor, any mayor, who can legitimately say, Hey, what is this virus crisis mess, this is the first I am hearing about this, and why hasn't President Trump personally called me to alert me? Do some research and post any such political leader...

The current US death rates are, of course, a direct result of the "re-opening" surge that took place in early to mid-July. I am happy to report we still (at this time) live in a country where local/state political leaders enjoy authority and who can, and often do, totally ignore DC. Thankfully that is so. But, they also take on full responsibility for their actions/decision-making. Trump did not put a gun to the head of any governor or mayor and force them to relax protocols in the virus "crisis." But, nice try...actually, it wasn't a good try...trying to blame Trump for the decisions of others in whose authority such decisions lay.

Reopening with a president openly inciting rebellion against masks and local restrictions. That was pure stupidity, unhelpful, and unnecessary. Politics getting in the way of the health of people and sustainable economic recovery.

Comparing ourselves against Brazil, Columbia and Malaysia...well if Make America Great Again means doing better than that lot, we are setting our standards a bit low, don’t you think?

Reopening with a president openly inciting rebellion against masks and local restrictions. That was pure stupidity, unhelpful, and unnecessary. Politics getting in the way of the health of people and sustainable economic recovery.

Comparing ourselves against Brazil, Columbia and Malaysia...well if Make America Great Again means doing better than that lot, we are setting our standards a bit low, don’t you think?
    I have been to all three of those countries...great people, beautiful scenery...except, avoid Malaysia during their monsoon season. Rains...no, pours and floods, every effing day! Spent a month there one week...mostly trapped in our hotel or getting soaked going back and forth to the university.

Again, as has been true since the beginning, governors and mayors have total control of their own jurisdictions.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

They are people just like we are. What is your beef with "that lot"?

I guess it's OK to be an ethnocentrist when you are using your supposed superiority to somehow bash the orange man. Of course, Trump couldn't care less about you, will likely never know you, and has succeeded far beyond what you can ever hope to achieve. Your hate only destroys you.

Trump continues to live in your head and control your life. You don't even know what you stand for anymore until Trump takes his position. I hope I'm never stupid enough to give away 4 years (could be 8 years) of my life to someone I hate.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    They are people just like we are. What is your beef with "that lot"?

I guess it's OK to be an ethnocentrist when you are using your supposed superiority to somehow bash the orange man. Of course, Trump couldn't care less about you, will likely never know you, and has succeeded far beyond what you can ever hope to achieve. Your hate only destroys you.

Trump continues to live in your head and control your life. You don't even know what you stand for anymore until Trump takes his position. I hope I'm never stupid enough to give away 4 years (could be 8 years) of my life to someone I hate.
    It is kind of funny how you are wrapped up around this idea of success. If you lust after what Trump has, I really feel sorry for you. Hard pass for me.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the latest study on using hydroxychloroquine. We could have saved a lot of lives had this drug been used in the early stages. These deaths are all on the FDA, CDC, and Fauci. https://hcqtrial.com/

+ Reply to Thread