+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 374 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: President Trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.76218f033009

Pretty damning, but not that surprising.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Does in give a source?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Does in give a source?
    In some respects.

It is also very telling that McMaster/Tillerson were sent out and they have measured statements that only specifically denied the disclosure of sources and methods (they ran from the podium before anyone could ask questions followups that would exploit the incompleteness of the denials).

The heart of the allegation is that Trump, speaking off the cuff, disclosed what city in the Islamic State was the origin of or intel regarding the laptop bomb threat. That, in itself, is not a disclosure of source or method. So McMaster/Tillerson comments are not responsive to that aspect of the report.

What is speculated is that disclosure can be revealing about the source (or intelligence sharing ally), specifically a source that does not want us sharing such info with Russia and might stop sharing such valuable intel.

Other corroborating evidence that this actually went down is that Bossert placed calls to the directors of the CIA and NSA that are responsible for the development of this intel.

But you gotta admit none of this is out of character for Trump. The man has no filter and likes to brag. Plus he often acts off of instinct rather than through rigorous deliberation.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    But you gotta admit none of this is out of character for Trump. The man has no filter and likes to brag. Plus he often acts off of instinct rather than through rigorous deliberation.
    I'll give you that. He has no filter.

This is nothing compared to some of the things the media over looked regarding Obama and Hillary. CNN and the rest are now going nuts.

"As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining to terrorism and airline flight safety, Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism," he tweeted.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I'll give you that. He has no filter.

This is nothing compared to some of the things the media over looked regarding Obama and Hillary. CNN and the rest are now going nuts.
    Of course Obama and Hillary are worse and got away with murder in the media. Everyone knows it's hypocritical.

But seriously, why does that matter anymore?

Today's tweets tacitly confirm the WaPo story and yet again undermine his comms staff and McMaster, just like with Comey. He's made liars of his entire communications team twice in the last week on a grand scale.

Someone in the White House needs to yank the twitter away from him before we lose any hope of getting a marginally conservative agenda through the congress.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

"As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining to terrorism and airline flight safety, Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism," he tweeted.
    and so....

Trump actually did something boneheaded this time. This pisses me off.

It doesn't piss me off any more than when the previous guy tried to cover up terrorism or telling Russia that he'd have more flexibility after the election or sending cash to Iran that can be EASILY associated with the return of the hostages, but I expected more from Trump.

Of course the media has cried wolf so much that this story will get stored away with all the fake stuff they've been spreading. And what he did was not illegal...just incredibly stupid.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    and so....

It doesn't piss me off any more than when the previous guy tried to cover up terrorism or telling Russia that he'd have more flexibility after the election or sending cash to Iran that can be EASILY associated with the return of the hostages, but I expected more from Trump.

Of course the media has cried wolf so much that this story will get stored away with all the fake stuff they've been spreading. And what he did was not illegal...just incredibly stupid.
    But don't get caught up by all the hype that you lose sight of the fact that no one other than those present actually know what was said. That WP article cited "current and former" government officials as the sources. Former government officials? Really?

Furthermore, whatever was said...does anyone really believe that this is the first time something like this has occurred? I hope not. Good Lord...Obama freaking told Russia to wait until after the election and he would have "more flexibility" ready and waiting for them. Flexibility with what, exactly? Is that not an attempt at collusion behind America's back? Answer: I don't know, because I don't have all the facts, just like in this case.

Are there times that an action looks really bad on the surface when we the people don't have all the information, yet in light of total disclosure and with the help of full context, is in the best interest of the country? Yup. And will we ever be privy to all of those details? Nope. Big reason why I never want the job.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    and so....

Compound it with the fact that his staff came out yesterday and said everything in the story was made up...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

If he loves Hillary so much, why did he cause her to lose the election by disclosing her investigation while not disclosing the investigation against Trump?
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I think most here find this part of your question distracting: why did he cause her to lose the election... So, I'll change your question slightly:

If he loves Hillary so much, why did he disclose her investigation and not disclose the investigation against Trump?
    He let her off period!!! He is or was compromised at best if he really doesn't still take orders from Obama/DNC/Bill and Hillary Clinto

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

If he loves Hillary so much, why did he cause her to lose the election by disclosing her investigation while not disclosing the investigation against Trump?
    Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    Of course Obama and Hillary are worse and got away with murder in the media. Everyone knows it's hypocritical.

Today's tweets tacitly confirm the WaPo story and yet again undermine his comms staff and McMaster, just like with Comey. He's made liars of his entire communications team twice in the last week on a grand scale.

Someone in the White House needs to yank the twitter away from him before we lose any hope of getting a marginally conservative agenda through the congress.
    Compound it with the fact that his staff came out yesterday and said everything in the story was made up...
    Exactly!

It matters because there are two standards that apply. It would be like me getting ticketed for no seat belt and the cop writing the ticket looks away as a car filled with children not properly restrained in car seats drives hanging out the window.

The twitter deal may get him in even more trouble, but I like it. It takes control away from the liberal media. They can't spin a tweet.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Are there times that an action looks really bad on the surface when we the people don't have all the information, yet in light of total disclosure and with the help of full context, is in the best interest of the country? Yup. And will we ever be privy to all of those details? Nope. Big reason why I never want the job.
    Sure. That said, the average voter will never KNOW (as you've described it) anything that's not in a written policy or letter. So the question is whether or not you give the person in question the benefit of the doubt and assume that they are acting in the best interest of the country and not just mouthing off.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread