+ Reply to Thread
Page 278 of 374 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 5600

Thread: President Trump

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    He can suggest what he wants, but thankfully no one is going to listen to him if he suggests people go back, because people will ultimately do what they think is right for the safety of their communities - just like they did from the start without any suggestions from Trump.
    You haven't learned much if you think no one is going to listen to him.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    You haven't learned much if you think no one is going to listen to him.
    True, people like Falwell, Jr do. But responsible decision makers will make decisions based on what they think is best for their health and safety of their community/region/state.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

True, people like Falwell, Jr do. But responsible decision makers will make decisions based on what they think is best for their health and safety of their community/region/state.
    I wouldn't say that.. the shopping malls are still open here in North Texas...

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And did I see that the household income threshold set to qualify for the checks is at $120K? If so....damn! left out again.
    The bill hasn’t been published still, but I think it is something like this:

The plan’s provisions are very simple. Adults would get $1,200 each and children $500 each. At higher incomes, the checks would get smaller: The benefit would start decreasing at a rate of $5 for every additional $100 in income. The phaseout starts at $75,000 in adjusted gross income for singles, $112,500 for heads of household, and $150,000 for married couples filing jointly; it would phase out entirely by $99,000 for singles and $198,000 for couples (with no children).

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    I wouldn't say that.. the shopping malls are still open here in North Texas...
    North of Dallas County?

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

North of Dallas County?
    Yes, Plano and Frisco

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The bill hasn’t been published still, but I think it is something like this:

The plan’s provisions are very simple. Adults would get $1,200 each and children $500 each. At higher incomes, the checks would get smaller: The benefit would start decreasing at a rate of $5 for every additional $100 in income. The phaseout starts at $75,000 in adjusted gross income for singles, $112,500 for heads of household, and $150,000 for married couples filing jointly; it would phase out entirely by $99,000 for singles and $198,000 for couples (with no children).
    I had seen this posted elsewhere, but wasn't sure if the last minute negotiations might have changed this. Adjusted Gross Income? Hmmm...but based on what tax year? If it's 2019 we might just sneak in there with a tiny check.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Yes, I think Trump's overly optimistic "hope" of things being back to normal by Easter was just that "overly optimistic." But, that's his nature. He's a winner and thinks in the positive. Not too different than a coach who believes in his team... "I think we can reach the Final Four this year." Most fans, pundits then look at the team and think, "ah, good luck coach. Maybe, but it's a long shot for sure." Trump is a glass half-full guy.

I do think it is POSSIBLE that some parts of the economy can reopen and especially in the least risky regions of the country...mostly the red states in the middle of the country.

And researchers are learning more and more about C-19 and there is some encouraging news. But, there is some warnings as well...a second wave is possible. Watch Wuhan, China, provided we can get any news out of there. Experts on viral epidemics are warning infections will resurface and there will be another brush with an outbreak. So, even if things are looking up here in a couple of weeks, we should be mindful of a possible second wave.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yes, I think Trump's overly optimistic "hope" of things being back to normal by Easter was just that "overly optimistic." But, that's his nature. He's a winner and thinks in the positive. Not too different than a coach who believes in his team... "I think we can reach the Final Four this year." Most fans, pundits then look at the team and think, "ah, good luck coach. Maybe, but it's a long shot for sure." Trump is a glass half-full guy.
    I believe by Easter we will know where we stand and see the end of all this. Just that will give us a spark to begin easing back into things. I don't expect public schools to start back up or even church services by that point, but seeing the light at the end of the tunnel will get things going again. It's not a switch that can just be turned back on like the Trump haters wanted to hear in his "hope" statement.

Except for the obvious places of business, like restuarants, life (business) is continuing as normal. I met with two of my contractors yesterday, and yes, we tried to stay 6 feet apart...for the most part. It's being taken seriously, but with a light-hearted twist on it. No sense worrying yourself to death. Service-based businesses are still operating pretty much as usual. Today I have to meet, briefly, with another contractor and I have appointments with two clients. We will take sensible precautions.

The other day I saw one retail store open on Front Street, Natchitoches. But the owners were doing maintenance and some remodeling. I popped in and chatted with them briefly. They have been wanting to remodel their store for 10 years but have always been so busy they couldn't afford to close down. Well now...perfect!

I see commerce happening but there is simply less, much less, of the retail variety. Business to business and wholesale operations are continuing as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I believe by Easter we will know where we stand and see the end of all this. Just that will give us a spark to begin easing back into things. I don't expect public schools to start back up or even church services by that point, but seeing the light at the end of the tunnel will get things going again. It's not a switch that can just be turned back on like the Trump haters wanted to hear in his "hope" statement.
    Packed churches for Easter is a dangerously bad idea.

"We're opening up this incredible country. Because we have to do that. I would love to have it open by Easter," Trump said.

"I would love to have that. It's such an important day for other reasons, but I'd love to make it an important day for this. I would love to have the country opened up, and rarin' to go by Easter."

In a second interview with Fox that aired Tuesday afternoon, Trump said he offered the holiday as a deadline because "Easter's a very special day for me."

"Wouldn't it be great to have all the churches full?" Trump asked. "You'll have packed churches all over our country … I think it'll be a beautiful time."

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

"We're opening up this incredible country. Because we have to do that. I would love to have it open by Easter," Trump said.

"I would love to have that. It's such an important day for other reasons, but I'd love to make it an important day for this. I would love to have the country opened up, and rarin' to go by Easter."

In a second interview with Fox that aired Tuesday afternoon, Trump said he offered the holiday as a deadline because "Easter's a very special day for me."

"Wouldn't it be great to have all the churches full?" Trump asked. "You'll have packed churches all over our country … I think it'll be a beautiful time."
    I would love that too. It won't happen, but I would love it. I've said before, I think he's left himself sufficient wiggle room on this if he can restrain his base instincts and follow the advice of the experts when the time comes.

Interesting that Easter is so special for a guy that says he's never asked for forgiveness...why would Easter be special?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Nobody said church services on Easter was a good idea..

He didn't say he expected it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

Interesting that Easter is so special for a guy that says he's never asked for forgiveness...why would Easter be special?
    You really need to hop out of the judgement seat on this tired old song you sing relating to a guy you've never liked. When did he say that? How do you know he hasn't asked for forgiveness?

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Nobody said church services on Easter was a good idea..

He didn't say he expected it to happen.
    “Wouldn't it be great to have all the churches full?" Trump asked. "You'll have packed churches all over our country … I think it'll be a beautiful time."

You’ll = you will

+ Reply to Thread