+ Reply to Thread
Page 196 of 375 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 5613

Thread: President Trump

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I’m afraid we’ve allowed ourselves to sink to a level of debt that we will never be able to climb out of. People will riot the day “entitlement” spending is decreased. I see a complete financial reset in our future, a reset that will result in a much lower standard of living for everyone, including the evil 1%.
    Back to the adult discussion (excluding goosey)…

Yes, I understand that. But, it's not about retiring the whole $20 trillion+ debt. It's about reversing the accumulation of it. Even if we made just a little headway against it, that would be enough to spur confidence in the US and in the US economy. Now, you may be thinking, isn't the US economy doing well now? Yes, it is. But I think it's as much pent up investment, after 8 years of the worst prez in history, as it is real economic expansion. Yes, there is some genuinely new investment....some of that spurred by the tax cuts. But the lion's share of the growth is from money, many $trillions, that sat on the sideline for 8 years waiting for a real POTUS to show up again.

Now, that's all good and wonderful, and all of that, but eventually, in a few years, that'll be used up. In other words, there is a limit to the vault of sidelined money. And for us to sustain the economic growth, at this rate, beyond the next few years will require sound management of the US economy, which includes clipping the wings of the runaway federal guvmint. And that includes curtailing spending by the guvmint. REMEMBER: all this debt is caused by, and is the problem of, a too-large federal bureaucracy...i.e. The Swamp.

Our debt grew from $4 trillion in 2003 to $8 trillion by 2008, thanks to GWB trying to be liked by the libs, and Bush is a firm member of The Swamp, to $19 trillion by 2016 thanks to obummer/reid/Pelosi. ALL OF IT due to over-spending by the federal guvmint. Stupid morons like goosey try to blame Trump's tax cuts for the debt, but when the debt grew the most, 2008-2016, there was high taxes, certainly no Trump tax cuts, but somehow...oh, never mind about 2008-2016 under obummer, it's all Trump's fault!

Again...right now the US economy is catching up for the 8 DEAD years under obummer. That is fine, but that will also run its course. At some point, in a few years,the economy will reach a level where it would have been at had we had a real POTUS from 2008-2016. It is making up for lost time. When the economy hits that point then ALL the factors that affect the economy will be in play. Real, organic growth of the economy is dependent on many factors, not the least of which is foreign investment....new money coming in...and that hinges on the confidence those investors have that the US dollar, the US economy won't collapse, or sink into a major depression. And the national debt affects that confidence.

If the dems get control, even of the House, then the current economic growth will apply the brakes. That will manifest the very next day, November 7th. Immediately, investment in future business growth will be put back on the shelf. Yes, there will continue to be some growth because some of the investment is already committed. There is plant construction and expansion, new investments recently made in commercial properties, and those will continue since it is sunk costs and might as well let it play out. But, just watch what happens come November 7th and the days/weeks thereafter.

Now, if this happens, meaning IF the dems cause the economy to tank again, that means that "the catch-up" will be postponed, and again business people will wait to see how the political landscape shapes up. But, if the Trump rally is allowed to continue unimpeded, then the economy will continue to prosper for more years to come....to a point. As I mentioned above.

So! all this points back to doing something about the national debt.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    It’s got nothing to do with which part is in power. It’s got to do with the DC establishment enriching themselves at the expense of the entire nation. The Republicans are as guilty as the Democrats. That’s why people like me say we had to have a complete outsider that wasn’t a part of the DC establishment to win the White House in 2016 if we were to have any hope at all. Even with President Trump draining the swamp, it may be too late.
    So Clinton wasn’t enriching himself when we had the surplus?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    So Clinton wasn’t enriching himself when we had the surplus?
    He obviously was able to snag some really good cigars per one individual.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    those regulations Obama put in place finally paying off… Oh wait!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Some Bolsonaro quotes:

"I visited a quilombo (a settlement founded and organized by the descendants of slaves) and the least heavy afro-descendant weighed seven arrobas (about 230 pounds). They do nothing! They are not even good for procreation."

"I wouldn’t rape you because you don’t deserve it."

"I would prefer my son to die in an accident than be gay."

"I’m in favor of torture, you know that. And the people are in favor as well."

"Because women get more labor rights than men, meaning they get maternity leave, the employer prefers to hire men. I would not employ (a woman) with the same salary (of a man). But there are many women who are competent."

"Since I was a bachelor at the time, I used the money to have sex with people." (on how he spent his official housing allowance)

So, yeah, it does look like Brazil has taken some inspiration from Trump’s election. I don’t share your view that it is a good thing.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The world is pushing back on the one-world, commie, order. This fellow isn't exactly the type of person I would hand-pick as a leader. But, unfortunately, it takes a strong personality to defeat the well-funded, organized evil one-worlders. Once defeated, I would hope the voters will favor a less objectionable personality. In the meantime, I couldn't care less about their personal viewpoints/flaws.

Happy for Brazil! Great people. Every Brazilian I have known is a wonderful person. I coached two Brazilians in soccer. Ah, they didn't need much coaching, they came to me already good!

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Yes, I understand that. But, it's not about retiring the whole $20 trillion+ debt. It's about reversing the accumulation of it. Even if we made just a little headway against it, that would be enough to spur confidence in the US and in the US economy. Now, you may be thinking, isn't the US economy doing well now? Yes, it is. But I think it's as much pent up investment, after 8 years of the worst prez in history, as it is real economic expansion. Yes, there is some genuinely new investment....some of that spurred by the tax cuts. But the lion's share of the growth is from money, many $trillions, that sat on the sideline for 8 years waiting for a real POTUS to show up again.

Now, that's all good and wonderful, and all of that, but eventually, in a few years, that'll be used up. In other words, there is a limit to the vault of sidelined money. And for us to sustain the economic growth, at this rate, beyond the next few years will require sound management of the US economy, which includes clipping the wings of the runaway federal guvmint. And that includes curtailing spending by the guvmint. REMEMBER: all this debt is caused by, and is the problem of, a too-large federal bureaucracy...i.e. The Swamp.

Our debt grew from $4 trillion in 2003 to $8 trillion by 2008, thanks to GWB trying to be liked by the libs, and Bush is a firm member of The Swamp, to $19 trillion by 2016 thanks to obummer/reid/Pelosi. ALL OF IT due to over-spending by the federal guvmint. Stupid morons like goosey try to blame Trump's tax cuts for the debt, but when the debt grew the most, 2008-2016, there was high taxes, certainly no Trump tax cuts, but somehow...oh, never mind about 2008-2016 under obummer, it's all Trump's fault!

Again...right now the US economy is catching up for the 8 DEAD years under obummer. That is fine, but that will also run its course. At some point, in a few years,the economy will reach a level where it would have been at had we had a real POTUS from 2008-2016. It is making up for lost time. When the economy hits that point then ALL the factors that affect the economy will be in play. Real, organic growth of the economy is dependent on many factors, not the least of which is foreign investment....new money coming in...and that hinges on the confidence those investors have that the US dollar, the US economy won't collapse, or sink into a major depression. And the national debt affects that confidence.

If the dems get control, even of the House, then the current economic growth will apply the brakes. That will manifest the very next day, November 7th. Immediately, investment in future business growth will be put back on the shelf. Yes, there will continue to be some growth because some of the investment is already committed. There is plant construction and expansion, new investments recently made in commercial properties, and those will continue since it is sunk costs and might as well let it play out. But, just watch what happens come November 7th and the days/weeks thereafter.

Now, if this happens, meaning IF the dems cause the economy to tank again, that means that "the catch-up" will be postponed, and again business people will wait to see how the political landscape shapes up. But, if the Trump rally is allowed to continue unimpeded, then the economy will continue to prosper for more years to come....to a point. As I mentioned above.

I believe that sometime in the next 50 years there will be a large national or internal crisis. Not sure if it will be financial, or due to war, but it will happen and many of the things that people rely on will not be there. I am not a "prepper" to the extent that some people are, but I have 50 acres in Louisiana that I can hunt, fish, and have my own beef, chickens, garden etc. I feel my generation is losing the skills needed to be self sufficient like my parents and grand parents did. I have no problems that my family and I will be able to continue on, if Kroger and Walmart ran out of food.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

I believe that sometime in the next 50 years there will be a large national or internal crisis. Not sure if it will be financial, or due to war, but it will happen and many of the things that people rely on will not be there. I am not a "prepper" to the extent that some people are, but I have 50 acres in Louisiana that I can hunt, fish, and have my own beef, chickens, garden etc. I feel my generation is losing the skills needed to be self sufficient like my parents and grand parents did. I have no problems that my family and I will be able to continue on, if Kroger and Walmart ran out of food.

The world is pushing back on the one-world, commie, order. This fellow isn't exactly the type of person I would hand-pick as a leader. But, unfortunately, it takes a strong personality to defeat the well-funded, organized evil one-worlders. Once defeated, I would hope the voters will favor a less objectionable personality. In the meantime, I couldn't care less about their personal viewpoints/flaws.

Happy for Brazil! Great people. Every Brazilian I have known is a wonderful person. I coached two Brazilians in soccer. Ah, they didn't need much coaching, they came to me already good!
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Some Bolsonaro quotes:

"I visited a quilombo (a settlement founded and organized by the descendants of slaves) and the least heavy afro-descendant weighed seven arrobas (about 230 pounds). They do nothing! They are not even good for procreation."

"I wouldn’t rape you because you don’t deserve it."

"I would prefer my son to die in an accident than be gay."

"I’m in favor of torture, you know that. And the people are in favor as well."

"Because women get more labor rights than men, meaning they get maternity leave, the employer prefers to hire men. I would not employ (a woman) with the same salary (of a man). But there are many women who are competent."

"Since I was a bachelor at the time, I used the money to have sex with people." (on how he spent his official housing allowance)

So, yeah, it does look like Brazil has taken some inspiration from Trump’s election. I don’t share your view that it is a good thing.
    Link please. And no fake news or liberal blog.

Link please. And no fake news or liberal blog.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...gs/1804519002/

Well if true it's the socialist in Brazil's problem but a great turn to the right none-the-less. Some of those quotes, if true (USA Today is another liberal rag), aren't going to happen so cool your jets.

Well if true it's the socialist in Brazil's problem but a great turn to the right none-the-less. Some of those quotes, if true (USA Today is another liberal rag), aren't going to happen so cool your jets.
    What is “great” about his quotes? I agree it represents a turn to the right.

+ Reply to Thread