+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 374 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 5600

Thread: President Trump

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Goosey claimed our trade surplus with Canada is $12.5 billion, this article says:

To begin with, U.S. merchandise and services trade with Canada, our second-largest trade partner after China, exceeded $675 billion in 2017, yielding a surplus of over $8.5 billion.

12.5? 8.5? it's all good, eh!

For the record, I do not agree with getting sideways with one of our closest allies and friends, Canada. That IS stupid! Trump and his staffers (Navarro and Wilbur Ross, in particular) need to tone down the rhetoric.

But, this does not mean that EVERYTHING is perfect between us and Canada in regards to trade. I have posted about the timber industry, as just one example of Canada's unfair practices that had a direct impact on the US timber (and wood products) industry and that cost American jobs. Canada enjoys other unfair advantages because of NAFTA, as does Mexico. So, while our relationship with Canada is great, and our trading arrangement(s) is mostly great, that does NOT mean there aren't some aspects that need to be tweaked.

BUT!!! we are such great friends and allies with Canada it is STUPID, and I mean STUPID, to air such minor concerns in the public like this. Those comments need to be walked back, and let's move on.
    So Canada subsidizes timber and we subsidize dairy. This report suggests that the subsidy for dairy is quite significant - equalling 73% of producer returns.

https://www.realagriculture.com/2018...ys-new-report/

As far as the relative values of trade between Canada and US, this article discusses some of the discrepancies.

http://time.com/5185673/donald-trump...ficit-surplus/

But we all know what this was really about, and it has nothing to do with the reality of the trade situation with Canada. This had everything to do with bolstering Trump’s blistering strongman image before going in to talks with North Korea.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I don't agree that Trump picked a fight with Canada to bolster his image. That's silly. Besides, is there a nicer country than Canada, the meek and mild! Nah, this whole episode stems from Trump being Trump. It's the one aspect that troubles me about him. And I have posted said concerns before.

Now if just as what happened with NATO happens here, such that after all the rhetoric dies down, this gets Canada (and Mexico too) to the bargaining table and we can fix some of the wrongs of NAFTA, then, there could be method in his madness.

By now...and even one of the libtard panelist on CNN admitted this this morning about Trump....it should be clear this is his SOP. First he verbally attacks and insults someone, draws a verbal line in the sand, then he meets with and negotiates a great deal for the US and the free world. Just look at how he has handled NK. Months ago he was threatening to nuke "the rocket man." Today he signed an agreement that is, even by CNN's reluctant take, "historic."

So, he goes "nutso" with Trudeau and Canada....what you wanna bet we see Trump and Trudeau shaking hands, agreeing on some trade agreement that is better for the US. Not perfect, I'm not saying it'll be perfect. Just better.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Trump is again 100 steps ahead of everyone else. He is a negotiator 100 steps ahead of the pack. Thoughts he wants to get across to other rogue and greedy trader nations screwing America; "If Trump will play hardball with Canada imagine what he will do with us/China etc... We had better take Trump and America serious now on this issue.".

He played the same card with Kim and N. Korea. Trump is Da Bomb at negotiating my friend and you and the entire press corp is getting played like a fiddle.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

He also advocated adding Russia back to the G7/8. At the same time as blaming Obama for Crimea. As if Russia had nothing to do with it. Trump’s version of reality is quite contorted. Or Putin has him by the short hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Trump is again 100 steps ahead of everyone else. He is a negotiator 100 steps ahead of the pack. Thoughts he wants to get across to other rogue and greedy trader nations screwing America; "If Trump will play hardball with Canada imagine what he will do with us/China etc... We had better take Trump and America serious now on this issue.".

He played the same card with Kim and N. Korea. Trump is Da Bomb at negotiating my friend and you and the entire press corp is getting played like a fiddle.
    Did the master negotiator get the deal you wanted?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    He also advocated adding Russia back to the G7/8. At the same time as blaming Obama for Crimea. As if Russia had nothing to do with it. Trump’s version of reality is quite contorted. Or Putin has him by the short hairs.
    Trump again is 100 steps ahead of you Guislapp and the liberal media. He's telling Russia, holding a not so real or even maybe real carrot on a stick; "Don't fu$# with me and my foreign policies and elections as well and I might help you down the line getting back in as a respectable member of the G7." It's a subtle carrot in front of Putin's face. You guys are simpleton's compared to Trump and his negotiating skills and need to read 'The Art of the Deal'.

Trump again is 100 steps ahead of you Guislapp and the liberal media. He's telling Russia, holding a not so real or even maybe real carrot on a stick; "Don't fu$# with me and my foreign policies and elections as well and I might help you down the line getting back in as a respectable member of the G7." It's a subtle carrot in front of Putin's face. You guys are simpleton's compared to Trump and his negotiating skills and need to read 'The Art of the Deal'.
    I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Not hardly. America is becoming great again and he speaks the truth.

Food Stamp Enrollment Lowest in 8 Years...

USA TO HOST WORLD CUP 2026!

FLASHBACK: OBAMA FAILED TO BRING BACK GAMES...

TRUMP DECLARES AMERICA'S BIGGEST ENEMY IS 'FAKE NEWS'...

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Food stamp program change is definitely appropriate.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Food stamp program change is definitely appropriate.
    Going out to eat (if you can afford it) isn't what it once was.

https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/my-store-eligible

"Increasing international production to alleviate the EU tariff burden is not the company's preference, but represents the only sustainable option," Harley Davidson said in a regulatory filing on Monday.

+ Reply to Thread