+ Reply to Thread
Page 172 of 374 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 5601

Thread: President Trump

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    From the mouths of babes. Look in the mirror.
    I suppose it's possible that holding Trump to the same standard I held Obama to could be detrimental to me in some way, but I sleep like a baby.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    The non responsiveness of your answer to my question says everything.

Republicans used to take the moral ground. Now that they have virtually ceded the moral side to the liberals, they argue legalisms. White Nationalists may have free speech under the law, but what they say should be repudatied. Both can be true. By the way, Trump has no problem repudiating speech and name calling when people speak out against them. Directly and timely repudiating hate speech directly is low hanging fruit...except for the fact that White Nationalists are part of his base.
    Ceded the moral side to the liberals? What a frikkin' joke, but that's your opinion, and you're certainly free to express it. Though liberals like you typically think their opinion is the only opinion worthy of consideration by anyone, that doesn't make it so. I think that you're simply a know it all that couldn't find you rear end with both hands. You've been totally brainwashed by the corrupt establishment. You're opinion is still just an opinion, and it's no more right than the opinions of the people you so despise.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

You guys recognize that Guiss is no liberal, right? His libertarian credentials have been pretty well established here. Yall know the difference between a liberal and a libertarian, yes?

In any case …
    Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant
    but that's your opinion, and you're certainly free to express it. Though liberals like you typically think their opinion is the only opinion worthy of consideration by anyone, that doesn't make it so
    Neutrality and objectivity are not the same thing.

Let's say you believe the sky is green. I can be neutral and respect your position as valid and equal to my own. Or I can be objective, and view your statement through what I know is correct … I'll arrive at the conclusion that your opinion, however entitled you are to it, is just wrong.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    You guys recognize that Guiss is no liberal, right? His libertarian credentials have been pretty well established here. Yall know the difference between a liberal and a libertarian, yes?

In any case …
    Neutrality and objectivity are not the same thing.

Let's say you believe the sky is green. I can be neutral and respect your position as valid and equal to my own. Or I can be objective, and view your statement through what I know is correct … I'll arrive at the conclusion that your opinion, however entitled you are to it, is just wrong.[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    I'm very aware of what objectivity is. I'm a realist that tries to look at everything objectively. That's something Trump haters seem to have a total inability to do with anything about President Trump.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    What do you Republicans think about the “Unite the Right” Trump supporters?
    Looks like they forgot to show up.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Looks like they forgot to show up.
    The Liberals and Libertarians were so hoping for some violence from the racist Trump supporters. It's almost always the groups they support like BLM and Antifa who loot and riot.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    The Liberals and Libertarians were so hoping for some violence from the racist Trump supporters. It's almost always the groups they support like BLM and Antifa who loot and riot.
    Correction to your statement: it is not "almost always." It is ALWAYS the leftist groups that engage in violence and vandalism.

There was that one individual, that idiot from Ohio, who drove his car into that crowd and killed that young woman last year. I am NOT excusing his stupid actions, but he was provoked and was reacting to being victimized by the violence of that leftist group that day. Still, he's a moron and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

There will be individuals who do stupid, unlawful things, but as organizations it is ALWAYS the leftists who engage in violence, which is planned from the start.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I'm very aware of what objectivity is. I'm a realist that tries to look at everything objectively. That's something Trump haters seem to have a total inability to do with anything about President Trump.
    And there's where I think the underlying problem is. Everybody seems to really believe, in their hearts, that they are each being an objective realist.

For the record, while I remain opposed to many of his policy decisions, I dont "hate" the President. God help me if I ever hate anyone.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Correction to your statement: it is not "almost always." It is ALWAYS the leftist groups that engage in violence and vandalism.

There was that one individual, that idiot from Ohio, who drove his car into that crowd and killed that young woman last year. I am NOT excusing his stupid actions, but he was provoked and was reacting to being victimized by the violence of that leftist group that day. Still, he's a moron and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

There will be individuals who do stupid, unlawful things, but as organizations it is ALWAYS the leftists who engage in violence, which is planned from the start.

And there's where I think the underlying problem is. Everybody seems to really believe, in their hearts, that they are each being an objective realist.

For the record, while I remain opposed to many of his policy decisions, I dont "hate" the President. God help me if I ever hate anyone.
    Which policy decisions?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Which policy decisions?
    That could be a long list. Here's a shorter one:

I generally support the idea of Space Force. I also think the decision to block the Broadcom takeover of Qualcomm was for the best.

That's … about it.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Not sure if they were disappointed but you are coming across that way.

That could be a long list. Here's a shorter one:

I generally support the idea of Space Force. I also think the decision to block the Broadcom takeover of Qualcomm was for the best.

That's … about it.
    So you like paying high taxes...you can voluntarily do that and leave the rest of us alone.

You support open borders and MS-13 gangsters...invite some of those "good" MS-13ers to your house. If you are able...i.e. still alive....let us know how that works out.

You like the rest of the world stealing American jobs and taking advantage of us via unfair trade practices.

You support a weak military...sans the proposed space force you say you do support.

You support socialized health care...instead of a market-based system.

You support the "Deep State" whereby politicians, from both major parties, keep DC as their personal piggy bank, at taxpayer expense.

You support the global warming hoax, designed to redistribute wealth and hamstring the US and some other western allies.

And there are more....

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    So you like paying high taxes...you can voluntarily do that and leave the rest of us alone.
    I dont "like" it. But I'm willing to pay for the priviledge of living in the most advanced nation in the world.

You support open borders
    Generally yes, to a point.

and MS-13 gangsters...invite some of those "good" MS-13ers to your house. If you are able...i.e. still alive....let us know how that works out.
    logical fallacy -- straw man

You like the rest of the world stealing American jobs and taking advantage of us via unfair trade practices
    logical fallacy -- false choice

You support a weak military...sans the proposed space force you say you do support.
    Logical fallacy -- false choice.

You support socialized health care...instead of a market-based system.
    Generally yes. I dont think healthcare is best served by a free market.

You support the "Deep State" whereby politicians, from both major parties, keep DC as their personal piggy bank, at taxpayer expense.

You support the global warming hoax,
    We have an obligation to act as responsible stewards of our environment.

designed to redistribute wealth and hamstring the US and some other western allies.

On the whole, though, these are all complex issues. Each with its own nuances and gray areas. None of them should be quickly divided into for/against categories. Rather, they each present a continuum of possible positions. False dichotomies, scare tactics, slippery slopes, and ad hominem arguments dont really help anything. (But of course, that's about 98% of the Paw-litics Forum.)

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

So you are saying you would support a racist Nationalistic President if he were able to privatize state industries, improve economic independence through tariffs on imports, and increase real wages by 10.9%? That would outweigh all the negatives associated with his racist and autocratic tendencies?

+ Reply to Thread