+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 375 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 5613

Thread: President Trump

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    I guess you lefties have a new hero (one that cannot be elected to his current seat in congress).

More congressional histrionics; more swamp mutterings.

Did you know that blacks make up 13% of the US population but account for 40% of the abortions. I guess liberals are trying to cut back on the growth of the African American population. I just don't see any other way to analyze that. This may be that systemic racism you are looking for.
    Turns out when you make abortion illegal, people just opt for more dangerous forms of abortion that what they could have gotten. This disproprortionately is felt in black communities. So, yeah, making abortions more difficult to get is part of systemic racism.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

But I do agree anyone that claims that Trump is suffering from dementia, Alzheimer’s, or some form of cognitive decline really don’t have a basis to say that anymore. But those folks, IMO, were simply making excuses for Trump’s bad behavior and dangerous personality profile. The truth is that all of these crazy and inappropriate antics are not the result of cognitive decline - they are part of the makeup of his personality, which is sociopathic and dangerous when wielded by the most powerful office in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Turns out when you make abortion illegal, people just opt for more dangerous forms of abortion that what they could have gotten. This disproprortionately is felt in black communities. So, yeah, making abortions more difficult to get is part of systemic racism.
    https://kottke.org/17/06/google-sear...uced-abortions

“I’m pretty convinced that the United States has a self-induced abortion crisis right now based on the volume of search inquiries. I was blown away by how frequently people are searching for ways to do abortions themselves now. These searches are concentrated in parts of the country where it’s hard to get an abortion and they rose substantially when it became harder to get an abortion. They’re also, I calculate, missing pregnancies in these states that aren’t showing up in either abortion or birth rates.

That’s pretty disturbing and I think isn’t really being talked about. But I think, based on the data, it’s clearly going on.”

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

How am I denying medical science? He is clearly overweight, has a terrible diet of fast food and soda, has high and increasing bad cholesterol and is having his cholesterol meds upped. I would hardly call that excellent health - but average at best.
    You are dismissing a medical professional's diagnosis of Trump's condition. What would lead you to doubt his assessment? This man is a doctor, science-denier.

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    You are dismissing a medical professional's diagnosis of Trump's condition. What would lead you to doubt his assessment? This man is a doctor, science-denier.
    What part of his diagnosis have I dismissed?

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

In what world is being obese with heart disease considered “physically healthy”?
    What part of his diagnosis have I dismissed?
    The part about obese specifically. That was not part of the diagnosis, you dismissed it for your narrative to sound better.

"Over all, Dr. Jackson said, Mr. Trump’s health was “excellent,” with mostly normal results on a battery of tests and examinations. He said Mr. Trump, 71, has remarkably good cardiac health, probably because he does not smoke or drink alcohol." https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/us/politics/trump-health-exam-doctor-cognitive-test.html

The part about obese specifically. That was not part of the diagnosis, you dismissed it for your narrative to sound better.

"Over all, Dr. Jackson said, Mr. Trump’s health was “excellent,” with mostly normal results on a battery of tests and examinations. He said Mr. Trump, 71, has remarkably good cardiac health, probably because he does not smoke or drink alcohol." https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/us/politics/trump-health-exam-doctor-cognitive-test.html

Yeah, read the next 2 paragraphs of your article.

Doctor reports he is 6’3” and 239 (yeah right!), which magically puts him right adjacent to being obese.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net

Change the height to what is reported on his driver’s license (6’2”) or his weight - either of them - and he falls into the obese category. He is either at the extreme of “overweight” or, more likely, “obese” if you don’t excuse the optimism reflected in his height and weight measurements.

And “excellent” only counts as a diagnosis on Bill &Teds, Wayne’s World and Trumpville.

Yeah, read the next 2 paragraphs of your article.

Doctor reports he is 6’3” and 239 (yeah right!), which magically puts him right adjacent to being obese.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net

Change the height to what is reported on his driver’s license (6’2”) or his weight - either of them - and he falls into the obese category. He is either at the extreme of “overweight” or, more likely, “obese” if you don’t excuse the optimism reflected in his height and weight measurements.
    Exactly, more of the diagnosis that you magically deny. You don't believe a medical professional's numbers on Trump's weight. You deny his assessment. Thank you for admitting it. The medical professional recorded 239 and 6'3", you can cite anything that you want but the doctor reported those numbers and you are flat out denying them.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Don't argue with Guisslap, he's a genius. If the BMI says he is obese and unhealthy, no words from a doctor can counter that fact.

Oh....Boston Scott is 5' 7" and 203 pounds according to the internet, so he is obese and unhealthy as well with a BMI over 31. You can't argue with the charts.

Doctors smockters.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Don't argue with Guisslap, he's a genius. If the BMI says he is obese and unhealthy, no words from a doctor can counter that fact.

Oh....Boston Scott is 5' 7" and 203 pounds according to the internet, so he is obese and unhealthy as well with a BMI over 31. You can't argue with the charts.

Doctors smockters.
    Well, the doctors report also said that he is too sedentary. Given that he doesn’t exercise (except for swinging a golf club), I don’t think you can really compare him to BMI outliers, such as athletes like Boston Scott that carry extraordinary muscle with relatively low body fat.

But the doctor didn’t report Trump’s body fat percentage and only said he needs to lose weight, exercise more and clean up his diet. Also, he is upping his cholesterol meds. Feel free to draw your own qualitative conclusion about how you would characterize his health. But “healthy” is both relative and a bit subjective as is the term “excellent”. For sure, it doesn’t seem like his physical health is bad at age, and is remarkably good considering his lifestyle choices. And I agree that he doesn’t have any physical impairments that disqualify him from being president. We have certainly had fatter presidents.

His problem is how is cognition operates in a psychosocial context. The mental test that Trump took doesn’t assess that issue at all.

https://psychcentral.com/blog/what-d...eally-tell-us/

Exactly, more of the diagnosis that you magically deny. You don't believe a medical professional's numbers on Trump's weight. You deny his assessment. Thank you for admitting it. The medical professional recorded 239 and 6'3", you can cite anything that you want but the doctor reported those numbers and you are flat out denying them.
    Even if you believe those numbers, he is at the upper end of the overweight scale - an inch or a pound away from being technically obese. It is not like that inch or that pound fundamentally changes anything about his health other than whether according to the BMI scale he is classified as “overweight” or “obese.” I personally don’t care if he was given the “benefit of a doubt” by his physician to embellish those particular vital stats so that people wouldn’t be able to automatically label him as “obese” or not. If you blindly trust those numbers given the circumstances, well, I think that just proves that you will only believe things that reinforces your tribal support of the president,

Even if you believe those numbers, he is at the upper end of the overweight scale - an inch or a pound away from being technically obese. It is not like that inch or that pound fundamentally changes anything about his health other than whether according to the BMI scale he is classified as “overweight” or “obese.” I personally don’t care if he was given the “benefit of a doubt” by his physician to embellish those particular vital stats so that people wouldn’t be able to automatically label him as “obese” or not. If you blindly trust those numbers given the circumstances, well, I think that just proves that you will only believe things that reinforces your tribal support of the president,
    Ah yes, the blind trust. I thought we were going there. For anyone other than your partisan-deluded brain with a moderate case of derangement at the mention of Trump, I am plainly not defending him as part of my tribe. Now, I said nothing in defense of the president's physical condition. It is a condition that many people, myself included, are in and in need of exercise. How wise of your to point it out. However, I am attacking your partisanship over the words of a doctor. You claim he is obese and, by the medical definition, he is not and yet you deny this. You deny medical science.

Now, this little exercise was more about the blind trust. You blindly distrust the doctor because of your hatred for a man. A pity really. Being skeptical of the prognosis of his condition is one thing and a healthy thing to consider. Now, if you will grant me a little leeway, this is not unlike the Climate Change scare that you like as well. You expect blind trust in the numbers and prognostications that are being reported without any skepticism. Are you being tribal when defending those that rightfully question their numbers, trends, and predictions of impending catastrophic doom (they are batting 1.000 in the failure category here). I tend to think you are blindly being tribal and unable to register skepticism.

Ah yes, the blind trust. I thought we were going there. For anyone other than your partisan-deluded brain with a moderate case of derangement at the mention of Trump, I am plainly not defending him as part of my tribe. Now, I said nothing in defense of the president's physical condition. It is a condition that many people, myself included, are in and in need of exercise. How wise of your to point it out. However, I am attacking your partisanship over the words of a doctor. You claim he is obese and, by the medical definition, he is not and yet you deny this. You deny medical science.

Now, this little exercise was more about the blind trust. You blindly distrust the doctor because of your hatred for a man. A pity really. Being skeptical of the prognosis of his condition is one thing and a healthy thing to consider. Now, if you will grant me a little leeway, this is not unlike the Climate Change scare that you like as well. You expect blind trust in the numbers and prognostications that are being reported without any skepticism. Are you being tribal when defending those that rightfully question their numbers, trends, and predictions of impending catastrophic doom (they are batting 1.000 in the failure category here). I tend to think you are blindly being tribal and unable to register skepticism.
    I am skeptical of the numbers for the reasons already mentioned. But that is the only data from the report I have any reason to be skeptical of. He is sitting at a magic cutoff height and weight and all-of-a-sudden grew an inch at the age of 71. As I said - whatever - he is fat but not our fattest president ever - not even close. It doesn’t really matter to me, but it did draw a chuckle from me. Wonder if they gave him a favorable adjustment for the clothes he was wearing when he was on the scale of a “well, that looks closer to 6’3” to me.” An inch there or a few pounds there - the dude is like a typical American. He hasn’t made his health a priority. Someone with less forgiving genes would be in worse shape.

I have the tendency to get tribal on some subjects - Trump, religion, the dawgs, but I am not tribal to a certain party. I am not against everything Trump does but I think that he has already done more harm than the good he could possibly achieve even if he accomplishes everything he has claimed he would like to do.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The bitch you voted for couldn't walk to her limo w/out passing out.

+ Reply to Thread