+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 375 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 5613

Thread: President Trump

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    It was cardiologists that were correlating personality traits as indicators for risk of heart disease. Type A traits were believed to be indicator of increased risk for developing heart disease.
    As opposed to cigarettes having health risks.

"It's your intense, driven, stress-filled personality causing your heart attack, not our product. As a matter of fact, have a nice soothing smoke to mellow out."

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ence-of-stress

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I went thru some personality seminars when I worked for a large corporation. There are a bunch of those out there, like "colors" for instance.

Just read an article where what they are calling Type R's are in demand for management positions. These are people who actually thrive in a chaotic, OMG! everything is crumbling type environment. They keep a level head and provide leadership when everyone else is in a panic.

I still don't get this: "but his Type A personality traits are not the traits I have a problem with"

I see nothing, and no one else who is honest about it, see any alarming traits in Trump. Only his political enemies, which there are many, seem hung up on these mysterious traits. That's because, IMO, he has no such alarming traits. It's call contrived in an attempt to derail his presidency. Which, from his political enemies' POV, I understand since that's all they have. They have no answers for his governing positions. Like....hey! we want Americans to have less take-home pay, yeah baby! Nah, that won't fly on election day.
    Type A’s are quite common, especially where I work. I have only observed the cluster of NPD traits in a few people in all of my life (including people I have only observed from a distance). I have seen other what I believe to be sociopathic (and maybe even psychopathic) personality disorders in a few others. Most of them, to my knowledge, have never done anything truly heinous. At least one of them has.

For the sociopaths, low to no empathy is at least one of the hallmark traits. Low empathy doesn’t mean that you don’t, on occasion, do things that appear benevolent. Low empathy also doesn’t mean you can’t read people or understand how to manipulate them. People with NPD, or narcissists in general, can be quite good at this. Instead, folks with low or no empathy appear to be largely emotionally unaffected by other people’s experience. They see people as animate objects to be manipulated to serve their own end rather than having much of their own intrinsic value.

There are various ways this trait can be observed in the real world, but it is not based on a single incident rather an established pattern of behaviors, rhetoric, and the lack therof.

Now Trump is a unique character because his NPD coincides with high impulsivity and low information (he doesn’t read, gets bored by details, and does not fully weigh the consequences of his words or actions). All this makes him very dangerous in my mind.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    LOL. The Trump propaganda machine. What would that be? It's pretty inconsequential.

Conversely, the anti Trump machine was in full bloom in the press room asking a doctor if Trump watches too much TV and if he should take up Obama's exercise routine to be more like Obama! The media has mostly become a dem spin machine. They used to be idealistic, but they are pure partisan now.

It was like watching an anti-tobacco guy being grilled by big tobacco CEOs. The agenda was obvious, and they were looking for whatever scrap they could find to slant the whole press conference to justify their pre-conceived views (which, by the way, you bought hook line and sinker). And the view is the same whether it is Lorrilard or Phillip Morris...just like with the press. Look how they tried to hide the story of Hillary collapsing in front of the limo and compare that to their fascination with Trump's BMI.

If Romney or McCain were president, the media would be on the same search and destroy mission. You need look no further than the Bush presidency for that.
    Were many discussing Trump’s BMI (other than me)? How did that compare to HRC’s limo incident?

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    As opposed to cigarettes having health risks.

"It's your intense, driven, stress-filled personality causing your heart attack, not our product. As a matter of fact, have a nice soothing smoke to mellow out."

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ence-of-stress
    Gotcha!

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Were many discussing Trump’s BMI (other than me)? How did that compare to HRC’s limo incident?
    Did you not watch the press conference? CNN was obsessing over it.

No. I was binge watching Narcos on Netflix. Read Ray’s links and then the NYT link that someone provided later.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

CNN should have been watching Trump at the plant in PA. Great speech and list of excellent economic news facts!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

BMI. While Trump's is out of wack. The super bitches BMI is off the charts. She can't even make a 6 hour day. She never made appearances during the election, which is what cost her the election. Trump never slows down.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    BMI. While Trump's is out of wack. The super bitches BMI is off the charts. She can't even make a 6 hour day. She never made appearances during the election, which is what cost her the election. Trump never slows down.
    What is HRC’s BMI? Is she overweight or obese?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

EXTREMELY!

5'6" and like 250.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Saturated. With gin.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    EXTREMELY!

5'6" and like 250.
    Lol, minus 100+ lbs.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Just choose to take a broader view of things, I guess.
    This could be taken to be sexist, misogynistic, demeaning to women, and perpetuating gender myths. The use of a form of the word "broad" in reference to Hillary''s comparative qualifications for president shows underlying disrespect and a degrading orientation towards women by a privileged male. I'm offended, threatened, and need a safe space.

This is the kind of crap the fake news and fake journalists try to make of every utterance by Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Saturated. With gin.
    Like me many nights! Gin, ftw!

Lol, minus 100+ lbs.
    You must be fooled by the pant suites. Her thighs have to weigh 50 lbs each. Watch her walk. She can't pick up her fat ass feet.

+ Reply to Thread