+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 375 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 5613

Thread: President Trump

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Ray, I have been waiting on our daily “Trump’s stock market” headline.
    Stock Market headline? Okay...

the market adjusted back to the 200-day moving average. It landed perfectly square on the line. That's the FOURTH such adjustment in the past 8 months. Still, the overall trend is up.

I have not added any substantial new positions, or increased any current holdings, during this run-up. I think the market is too bullish as the sector PEs are lagging behind. Most of us, with knowledge of the economy and the market, have been predicting this for 8 years!!! There was so MUCH cash sitting on the sidelines it was bound to re-enter the market in bucket loads and of course, there is always that over-zealous element.

I think the market will continue to correct...either in these pull-backs every couple of months, or in one huge "crash." Then the market will settle on a truer growth line, more in line with economic reality. So far....folks have put the cart before the horse, betting on the come.

Meanwhile, the economy has stabilized after 8 years of obummer, and it is poised to make real, sustained growth. The market will adjust to this real growth, and get back on a more realistic line.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Some so-called market experts are urging caution, and others are saying the market will continue to trend up, hitting 30,000 by year's end. Pick your poison...jump in and then suffer a pullback, or stay out and realize a year from now, 5 years from now, that you missed a huge opportunity.

For me, it's too rich. My portfolios are going thru the roof! I do not see any advantage in changing my cost basis (up), just to add some more shares. I have DRIPs and they are enough to keep my positions growing. For instance, my cost per share basis for J&J is $33. It's trading at about $150 now. Why should I add shares at this high price of $150 (outside of the DRIPs)?

Nah...invest in real estate, baby!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Or if you believe wages are going to increase, buy commodities.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    All spectacular in their own way, but none as dangerous as equating dissent with treason. If you can’t see that, YOU need to disconnect for a while.
    Dangerous? Not hardly.

We live in a world of political hyperbole, where attempts to reduce the rate of government spending is akin to rolling grandma off the cliff in her wheelchair. Trump has his share of these moments, no doubt. But "dangerous" is hyperbolic as well.

In the clip I saw, Trump was smirking when he said that. It was another unpolished moment, but hardly dangerous. There is a 24 hour cable "news" cycle designed to keep people ginned up and as partisan as possible. Even your basic high-school dropout is an expert on politics, but it's mostly based on negative things they've been told about one of the political parties.

I am more worried about congress being hyperpartisan than I am about Trump being Trump. They don't even try to get together and work anything out. Every issue is used as fodder for the 24 hour cable news cycle, and virtually every member runs to whatever media adores them to spout their hyperbole about the other side. This latest statement is one of those moments, and I refuse to be sucked in.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

From January 27th....before the correction started:

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...=1#post1684500

If it keeps going down, I'll be bargain hunting.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

A simple and way overdue correction. Unless the facts about a real democrat/liberal created Deep State are freaking the market out.

6,000 points to go before Trump rally is gone...

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

How come everyone but Ray is answering my question? He has never failed to post on a stock market record in the Trump presidency until the most recent one.

I agree that the stock market is not a very good barometer for a president’s performance, and it isn’t even worth mentioning that the stock market went up more in Obama’s first year than Trump’s.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    A simple and way overdue correction. Unless the facts about a real democrat/liberal created Deep State are freaking the market out.

6,000 points to go before Trump rally is gone...
    There it is!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Dangerous? Not hardly.
    He's the president and he equated dissent with a crime that's punishable by death...it doesn't matter if he did it while smirking. It's not even in the same ballpark as Krugman or one of the members of the house whining about Rush Limbaugh.

The rest of your post just smells like a Red Herring to me.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

He's the president and he equated dissent with a crime that's punishable by death...it doesn't matter if he did it while smirking. It's not even in the same ballpark as Krugman or one of the members of the house whining about Rush Limbaugh.

Take it easy johnny!!! Maybe you should get out your Bible and read some of Leviticus. That will make you feel better unless you've broken those rules on having sex and you get stoned to death by your neighbors.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Take it easy johnny!!! Maybe you should get out your Bible and read some of Leviticus. That will make you feel better unless you've broken those rules on having sex and you get stoned to death by your neighbors.
    Speaking of red herrings.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

You can choose to be bothered by red herrings, as I believe you have. I choose to ignore them.

You can choose to be bothered by red herrings, as I believe you have. I choose to ignore them.
    Uh...you didn’t ignore them, you employed them.

Uh...you didn’t ignore them, you employed them.
    Your outrage would have a lot more credibility if you had been on here aghast about Ms Pelosi calling a tax cut Armageddon. I guess you pick and choose which red herring to get angry about.

Your outrage would have a lot more credibility if you had been on here aghast about Ms Pelosi calling a tax cut Armageddon. I guess you pick and choose which red herring to get angry about.
    I don’t think you understand red herrings.

+ Reply to Thread