+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 375 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 5613

Thread: President Trump

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    This was the only race on a ballot and a seat that will only exist for 8 more months. While candidates always matter, this is a district that Trump carried by 20 points and this race was one where he campaigned for the Republican. This race was about voter enthusiasm and it was a referendum on Trump.
    Openly atheist Dem trumped by Republican landslide in special election in Tennessee

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

And? Are you posting this to prove that Christians are still closed-minded?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

This is the brain of the leader of the free world. [Conversation with Justin Trudeau]

“Nice guy, good-looking guy, comes in — ‘Donald, we have no trade deficit.’ He’s very proud because everybody else, you know, we’re getting killed,” Trump said, according to the Post. “So, he’s proud. I said, ‘Wrong, Justin, you do.’ I didn’t even know. ... I had no idea. I just said, ‘You’re wrong.’ You know why? Because we’re so stupid. … And I thought they were smart. I said, ‘You’re wrong, Justin.’ He said, ‘Nope, we have no trade deficit.’ I said, ‘Well, in that case, I feel differently,’ I said, ‘But I don’t believe it.’ I sent one of our guys out, his guy, my guy, they went out, I said, ‘Check, because I can’t believe it.’”

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

And? Are you posting this to prove that Christians are still closed-minded?
    And why did the 5,000+ vote for the atheist? Because they are anti-Christian, close-minded?

Nah, of course not, they voted for her because they thought she was the better candidate. But the 13,000+ who voted for the Christian, why, of course, they did so because they are close-minded.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And why did the 5,000+ vote for the atheist? Because they are anti-Christian, close-minded?

Nah, of course not, they voted for her because they thought she was the better candidate. But the 13,000+ who voted for the Christian, why, of course, they did so because they are close-minded.
    Why then are there no admitted atheists in Congress?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Interesting question. A recent survey showed that more than 1/3 of atheist hide their beliefs from family and friends for fear of disapproval. That paired with the relatively low number of atheist and it's not surprising. Representatives are tasked with representing. With so many in our country believing in some form of God, atheist would naturally be under-represented.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Interesting question. A recent survey showed that more than 1/3 of atheist hide their beliefs from family and friends for fear of disapproval. That paired with the relatively low number of atheist and it's not surprising. Representatives are tasked with representing. With so many in our country believing in some form of God, atheist would naturally be under-represented.
    0/535 is pretty damn underrepresented. The problem is that 70% of the population has negative feelings towards atheists. The actual American atheist population is a matter of debate, but the low side is 3%, with the high side being significantly higher.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethi...e-thought/amp/

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Guess you atheists need to go to the polls...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Interesting that a person would rebel against something they don't believe in. The only reason they would rebel is because something is written on their heart that bothers them.

Many years back...maybe 20 years or so, a white woman won the mayoral race for Shreveport. On the election returns' show that night, as the numbers were coming in, the campaign manager for the black candidate said their exit poll numbers were showing 85% of white voters voted for the white candidate, and this was lamented as a display of racism. Poor ole S'port was stuck in the past (which it is, but that's another story). One of the TV hosts asked, well, what do the exit polls show for African American voters?

Well, 95% of AA voters voted for the black candidate. One of the guests, a black, said, that's sad we didn't get a 100% support for the AA candidate from the community. The panel all agreed that was sad.

So 85% of whites vote for a white candidate....that's racism.
    95% of blacks vote for the black candidate and it's sad it wasn't 100%

For the record I worked very closely with Mayor Glover(the first AA mayor) and would have voted for him myself, if I lived in Shreveport. Mayor Ollie Tyler is doing a good job too.

I remember now (had a flashback...Hazel Beard and it was the early 90's)

Point is, like this atheist thingy....which I bet EVERY atheist who could, did vote for that woman.... it's okay, and even encouraged, for some demographic groups to be openly racist or -ist (whatever "-ist" you want) but Lord help us if white Christians vote however they want to!

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Interesting that a person would rebel against something they don't believe in. The only reason they would rebel is because something is written on their heart that bothers them.
    What do you mean by “rebel”? Do you mean “oppose a viewpoint that you think is wrong and harmful”?

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Yes, it is amazing. Being defined by something you think doesn't exist. If atheists really believe God does not exist, why would they care what others do, or how others make decisions or live their lives? I don't care about atheists. We are told that half of all people will end up in Hell. No amount of preaching, or trying to convince a non-believer is going to change that. So.... so sad, so sorry. God gave us a free will.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yes, it is amazing. Being defined by something you think doesn't exist. If atheists really believe God does not exist, why would they care what others do, or how others make decisions or live their lives? I don't care about atheists. We are told that half of all people will end up in Hell. No amount of preaching, or trying to convince a non-believer is going to change that. So.... so sad, so sorry. God gave us a free will.
    Not much different than defining your relationship as monogamous for not having sex outside of your relationship or claiming your being to a monotheistic religion because you are atheist about the thousands of other human created gods.

But my lack of a belief in god isn’t so important to me that I would want to join some club based on it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Admission is free. The price of admission has already been paid for you.

+ Reply to Thread