+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 374 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump

Puppy VADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time VADawg1's Avatar

Re: President Trump

A mistake or two in the first 150 days is probably not a problem. Have we ever had a President who made this many mistakes this quickly -- Trump is not fit to be President. The coziness with Russians by itself should alarm everyone in our great country. I am ready for Mike Pence to be our President. Trump needs to go.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VADawg1 View Post
    A mistake or two in the first 150 days is probably not a problem. Have we ever had a President who made this many mistakes this quickly -- Trump is not fit to be President. The coziness with Russians by itself should alarm everyone in our great country. I am ready for Mike Pence to be our President. Trump needs to go.
    Uh, to answer your question, yes we have. And in fact we've had some presidents with just as much drama... and much much worse drama… in their last 150 days.

Puppy VADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeVADawg1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time VADawg1's Avatar

Who? What was the "drama"? I am curious to the answer you and others might give to this. Why can't we all just admit the man should not be president?

Signed Ready for Mike Pence

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Who? What was the "drama"? I am curious to the answer you and others might give to this. Why can't we all just admit the man should not be president?

You are a democrat.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Obama did exactly the same thing...he was just a master at talking his way around it and out of it...to his credit...nor did he have the media after him. Obama was a better salesman than Trump, or perhaps I should say he was a much better politician than Trump. And in no way do I intend for that last sentence to be a criticism or insult to Obama, but rather quite the opposite. Unfortunately for conservatives, Obama was very skilled in those areas.
    Absolutely! Ditto for Bill Clinton. I give Clinton the edge in that he always seemed to be speaking from his heart even though he was reciting a speech using a teleprompter. It was obvious Obama was reading the teleprompter but he had excellent writers and he pulled it off with his salesmanship. But Obama was a beast when allowed to go full community organizer mode. His snarky jibes about whoever/whatever he was attacking could really work up the crowd. It's a treat watching those guys work and yet it's sad they are the blueprint for future politicians.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Buy some books. Use Google. Get yourself some historical context. Really.

Reagan
    Kennedy
    Grant
    LBJ
    Harding
    Nixon
    Jackson
    Clinton
    Obama
    W

You can pretty much pick one, including the ones I didn't list. The difference between this president and past presidents...as I have already stated...is the media and more specifically, what they are willing to report, how they report it, and how both political parties manipulate them. Take the two poster children for both sides as examples. Read up on Reagan's and Kennedy's administrations, what they did in the White House and in their personal lives. See how fit you think they were to lead our country. Most of that stuff wasn't reported in the media, and it wasn't leaked. Much of it was culturally inappropriate, a barrier which no longer exists in today's media.

As for your statement that Trump shouldn't be president...not only do I disagree, but I'll characterize that statement as completely asinine. He won the election = he should be president. And unless he resigns, that won't change. I can make a huge retrospective case about Obama's policy-related failures as president...but I'd never say he shouldn't have been president. He won the freaking election, twice. That would be stupid. There were even cases in which Obama or someone in his administration leaked classified material...but don't worry. It wasn't widely circulated in the news. Do you think there was less evidence of obstruction of justice when Bill Clinton met with video lady on the tarmac?

Typically, the further away we get from a presidency, the less drama we remember.

Signed,
    Ready for people to educate themselves before forming politically biased opinions based on propaganda from their favorite talking head

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Signed,
    Ready for people to educate themselves before forming politically biased opinions based on propaganda from their favorite talking head
    For contemporary politics, all we've got is propaganda. It's depressing, but I agree that consuming news from multiple outlets while evaluating the the actual words of the politicians may be as good as we've got for the time being.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

I'll add this on the whole Comey memo, obstruction, and impeachment. I have heard the alleged quote from Trump. If that is exactly what was said, that is not obstruction. He didn't tell Comey to do it. He didn't threaten Comey, taking the words for what they are. He didn't even ask him to drop it, as is being reported. He said "I hope you can let this go." So he hopes. That's not a request. That's not an order. It's a statement that he hopes. In fact, stating that he hopes Comey can let it go is putting all the power with Comey.

What we are missing...aside from confirmation of the statement and the exact wording...is the context. What was the tone of voice? What was discussed leading up to, and immediately following, that statement? What was Trump's body language? Did he say it in such a way to imply a threat? It should be obvious, regardless of what Comey says now, that he did not interpret whatever Trump said as an attempt to obstruct. Otherwise, we would have heard about it long ago because Comey would have reported it.

Edit: I'd like to know how Comey responded. Perhaps something like...

Comey: "I can appreciate that Mr. President, and I understand. But I can't. You know it's my job."
    Trump: "I know. I want you to do your job. It's just a shame. He's a good guy and doesn't deserve it."

Context

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    For contemporary politics, all we've got is propaganda. It's depressing, but I agree that consuming news from multiple outlets while evaluating the the actual words of the politicians may be as good as we've got for the time being.
    Totally agree. The Wall Street journal is pretty good.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Yeah. Thinking about motivations for saying things the way they are said and considering past comments and conduct provide some insight as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Yeah. Thinking about motivations for saying things the way they are said and considering past comments and conduct provide some insight as well.
    Totally agree with that, but not enough insight to draw an accurate or informed conclusion. That's just being intellectually reckless.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

It should be obvious, regardless of what Comey says now, that he did not interpret whatever Trump said as an attempt to obstruct. Otherwise, we would have heard about it long ago because Comey would have reported it.
    Not necessarily. He may have or he may not have, but the fact that he hasn't reported it (to the DOJ, I assume you mean) doesn't prove anything at this point. Had he alerted the DOJ, that would be very telling, though.

We don't know what level of weight he put on the statement, and contrary to Cartek's misreading of the conjunction in a statute, he didn't have a duty to immediately report it to the DOJ.

The context of it all will likely be known very soon when Comey testifies.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

As Rush pointed out today...

It will be interesting to see all the memos written by Comey including those he wrote when he was talking to Obama about not prosecuting Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Not necessarily. He may have or he may not have, but the fact that he hasn't reported it (to the DOJ, I assume you mean) doesn't prove anything at this point. Had he alerted the DOJ, that would be very telling, though.

We don't know what level of weight he put on the statement, and contrary to Cartek's misreading of the conjunction in a statute, he didn't have a duty to immediately report it to the DOJ.

The context of it all will likely be known very soon when Comey testifies.
    I can't argue any of that. And yes, when we get the context, we will know...even though Comey's perception of the context, his interpretation of Trump's statement, and anything he may have inferred from the combination of the two is still quite subjective. Trump can always come back and say "that's not what I meant and Comey did not respond at the time in such a way that communicated to me that's how he took it."

Until then, everyone talking about impeachment and stating their speculation about what was said and what it meant as factual need to shut up. I don't have a problem with speculating on national tv. But don't report that "this" is what was said and "this" is what he meant.

If Trump flat out threatended him, he should be charged. There is no way they will even come close to proving obstruction.

And like PawDawg...I am looking forward to seeing all of Comey's memos.

FWIW, Trump is saying he didn't say it at all (calling Comey a liar)

+ Reply to Thread