+ Reply to Thread
Page 270 of 375 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 5613

Thread: President Trump

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I’m chill 80. I think it’s the Trumpsters that are getting nervous. If the market doesn’t calm down between now and Nov, Trump is in trouble.
    The market will come back. It always does.

You’re not chill dude. You have severe TDS. Trump’s all up in your head.

I keep asking you what’s your alternative to Trump. Why won’t you answer?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    The market will come back. It always does.

You’re not chill dude. You have severe TDS. Trump’s all up in your head.

I keep asking you what’s your alternative to Trump. Why won’t you answer?
    Haha!

Ok Boomer (did I do it right?)

Conservatism is the alternative to Trump. Not sure the best path to it from the overspending authoritarian we’ve got now.

I reject that my options are all fiscally irresponsible. If I have two irresponsible options, I’ll choose neither.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha!

Ok Boomer (did I do it right?)

Conservatism is the alternative to Trump. Not sure the best path to it from the overspending authoritarian we’ve got now.

I reject that my options are all fiscally irresponsible. If I have two irresponsible options, I’ll choose neither.
    You can choose neither, but unless you’re dead you can’t really reject the options. You’re going to be affected by one or the other.

You gave me the type of answer I expected.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    You can choose neither, but unless you’re dead you can’t really reject the options. You’re going to be affected by one or the other.

You gave me the type of answer I expected.
    Sure, we’ll all be affected. The issue is what I’m willing to endorse and put my stamp of approval on.

I read for years from conservatives that the democrats were saddling our grandchildren with a debt burden that would cripple our nation.

The same critique never seems to be offered for the dear leader.

I can’t endorse populism that calls itself conservative. If you can, good for you.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I know! Donald Trump personally should have been making these test kits. I mean HIM, with his own hands. He's POTUS, it's his job!!! We all know he can build millions of such kits by himself, if he would just do it! Disappointing...
    So you think he has no blame in our delay in testing? Despite the fact that other countries have been doing much more testing than we have...

The reasons we are behind the curve flow directly up to him.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Sure, we’ll all be affected. The issue is what I’m willing to endorse and put my stamp of approval on.

I read for years from conservatives that the democrats were saddling our grandchildren with a debt burden that would cripple our nation.

The same critique never seems to be offered for the dear leader.

I can’t endorse populism that calls itself conservative. If you can, good for you.
    OK, GWB was a total POS when it came to crippling our grandchildren with debt. Bush 1 was as well. Reagan didn't exactly balance a budget either. And, yes, Trump has signed budgets out of whack as well (he obviously lives in your head just like Guisslapp)..

Compassionate conservatism was a STUPID motto, as was Romney's "extreme" conservatism.

Cruz, Rubio and the rest of your heroes have all signed off on spending that was significantly greater than revenues, and raising taxes to cover the spending doesn't work because it suppresses economic activity that generates taxes AND Congress just budgets and spends more and more.

To balance the budget, you have to solve the welfare state, which means undoing the policies of the "conservatives" you follow (your dear leaders). A simple law would be to declare that no immigrant to the country is eligible for public support for a period of 10 years after arriving here, just to make certain they are not coming here to take advantage of our social net. I bet you'd whine long and loud about such a law. Making able-bodied people that collect public assistance work would be another great move.....but do you think that would fly?

Your "conservative" ideal is a straw man. He/she doesn't exist and hasn't since before FDR (Newt came close, but that only counts in horseshoes....). As for me, I'll accept that and vote for the person that tries to limit the killing of babies, protects my second amendment and keeps our military strong (and doesn't keep sending troops all over the place with any mission except destroying another military and forcing the leadership of whatever country that military belonged to to surrender unconditionally).

If I see a candidate willing to do those three things AND balance the budget, I will gladly vote for them.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

To balance the budget, we could just raise revenues. Easy peasy, just less popular.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    To balance the budget, we could just raise revenues. Easy peasy, just less popular.
    Simple solutions for a simple mind. As I already stated, it doesn't work. We already collect MORE every year, and at some point you push corporations and jobs overseas and you collect increasingly less. Taxes inhibit economic activity.

You have to cut spending.

Federal Tax Revenues collected:

FY 2021 $3.86 (estimated)
    FY 2020 $3.71 trillion (estimated)
    FY 2019 $3.46 trillion (actual)
    FY 2018 $3.33 trillion
    FY 2017 $3.32 trillion
    FY 2016 $3.27 trillion
    FY 2015 $3.25 trillion

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    You're batting average continues to be right at 1.000...for being wrong!

"just raise revenues" spoken like the true libtard you are. Nope! cut spending first and foremost. And yes...[drum roll please]...I actually agree to get the debt down, not just the deficit, a pointed increase in taxes/fees aimed at those at the higher end would be needed but with a firm sunset clause in it. Reduce to eliminate some tax deductions (with an emphasis on SOME, still need to encourage investments) and raise the rate for true millionaires, but again, with a firm sunset date built in. Like maybe, 3-5 years.

But, as I said, SPENDING needs to be drastically cut first. Start with NO, NADA, ZERO monies to any illegals and even those here legally who are not entitled to anything in the way of social welfare programs. Roll back foreign aid...helping only our true allies...Have very strict rules, with enforcement, on all social programs. (it would probably surprise you what I personally support, a very pragmatic and very fair system) Most, not all, so-called corporate welfare can be eliminated or cut back. There are still some very good reasons for public sector/private sector cooperation.

But, SPENDING needs to be on the chopping block first.

BS. Justin Amash fits the bill. Ron Paul believed in fiscal sanity. They are out there, but folks who’s only driving principle is “owning the libs” ignore them.

One day, when the budget craziness comes home to roost, we’ll wish we’d listened to them.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I’m chill 80. I think it’s the Trumpsters that are getting nervous. If the market doesn’t calm down between now and Nov, Trump is in trouble.
    Trumpsters = true Americans

So, yeah, we will always be concerned about anything that damages the country we love. But, as for your "nervous" remark, which is aimed strictly at the political ramifications. No, not a bit. First, the market will have bounced back nicely by November, passing 30,000 on the DOW. It is you delusional anti-American/anti-Trump types who are hoping millions of Americans will die and the economy will crash because you think that will damage our gallant President's re-election prospects.

Shame...

So, yeah, we will always be concerned about anything that damages the country we love. But, as for your "nervous" remark, which is aimed strictly at the political ramifications. No, not a bit. First, the market will have bounced back nicely by November, passing 30,000 on the DOW. It is you delusional anti-American/anti-Trump types who are hoping millions of Americans will die and the economy will crash because you think that will damage our gallant President's re-election prospects.

Shame...
    Does this wannabe Hannity schtick ever work?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Simple solutions for a simple mind. As I already stated, it doesn't work. We already collect MORE every year, and at some point you push corporations and jobs overseas and you collect increasingly less. Taxes inhibit economic activity.

You have to cut spending.

Federal Tax Revenues collected:

FY 2021 $3.86 (estimated)
    FY 2020 $3.71 trillion (estimated)
    FY 2019 $3.46 trillion (actual)
    FY 2018 $3.33 trillion
    FY 2017 $3.32 trillion
    FY 2016 $3.27 trillion
    FY 2015 $3.25 trillion
    And what happens to the size of the US population every year?

Shame...
    Perhaps it will go past 30k. The central bankers certainly are doing their best to inflate asset prices.

Bond prices and stock prices going up at the same time...something is broken.

Bond prices trading at a “P/E” of greater than 100. Stocks over 20.

Personally, I think the “E” is the better indicator of the health of the economy. That number isn’t so hot.

+ Reply to Thread