+ Reply to Thread
Page 288 of 375 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 5613

Thread: President Trump

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: President Trump

Did Trump really just say, "When somebody is the president of the United States, the authority is total"?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Did Trump really just say, "When somebody is the president of the United States, the authority is total"?
    When you have a Senate unwilling to uphold their duty and that will give you a pass for everything, it is basically true.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    When you have a Senate unwilling to uphold their duty and that will give you a pass for everything, it is basically true.
    Imagine all the explodes heads if Obama had said the same!

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Told you, techman05. It was always gonna be the Trumphards that weren’t gonna be satisfied by the body count, and all the bodies haven’t even been counted yet.
    OK Mr Know It All (you went to Whatsamatta U, right?)

Actually you can find my posts earlier that say just what I just said. Unlike you who say that idiot populists blame everyone else for their issues and should do something different, but author a thread called "Systemic racism" and argue for blaming everything and everyone else for everything (while agreeing that segments of the population should be given a pittance to pacify them from ever being economic equals).

Like most narcissists, you live in an echo chamber filled with your own voice and not much else (well, except the talking points you get from "news" outlets like VOX).

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

I believe he was speaking in relation to the national emergency because of the virus.

As for me, I have been amazed at how easily people have given up their freedoms in the name of this "emergency". Governors have overstepped their boundaries and the feds have overstepped their boundaries (though not as far). This authoritarianism in the name of safety was made possible by the over-reaction to 9-11 that we continue to suffer through today. At least it doesn't APPEAR that Trump will leave the same kinds of BOMBS that the idiot Bush left after that episode.

Our founding fathers would be disgusted at what we've given up.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    OK Mr Know It All (you went to Whatsamatta U, right?)

Actually you can find my posts earlier that say just what I just said. Unlike you who say that idiot populists blame everyone else for their issues and should do something different, but author a thread called "Systemic racism" and argue for blaming everything and everyone else for everything (while agreeing that segments of the population should be given a pittance to pacify them from ever being economic equals).

Like most narcissists, you live in an echo chamber filled with your own voice and not much else (well, except the talking points you get from "news" outlets like VOX).
    I am not a populist, but I made the bootstrap reference to show that Trump supporters are doing the same thing that they claim minorities do - blame someone else for their problems and look for the government to solve them.

Systemic racism is a real thing. The economic opportunity divide between the coasts and flyover country is as well (do you guys realize that you can go work for Big Tech on the West Coast and get paid over $200k a year without a college degree?).

Us, non-populists understand their are ways to address these issues that don’t rely on typical populists tactics of vilifying a group of some “others” in order to make society better.

I am not here trying to bend a political system to benefit me - I am just trying to make it more functional and reasonable to those that are getting left behind.

I am not a populist, but I made the bootstrap reference to show that Trump supporters are doing the same thing that they claim minorities do - blame someone else for their problems and look for the government to solve them.

Systemic racism is a real thing. The economic opportunity divide between the coasts and flyover country is as well (do you guys realize that you can go work for Big Tech on the West Coast and get paid over $200k a year without a college degree?).

Us, non-populists understand their are ways to address these issues that don’t rely on typical populists tactics of vilifying a group of some “others” in order to make society better.

I am not here trying to bend a political system to benefit me - I am just trying to make it more functional and reasonable to those that are getting left behind.
    LOLOLOLOL Was Obama a populist? You do realize that your definition of populist is also the definition of a community organizer, right? "
    vilifying a group of some “others” in order to make society better." In his case, he used race.

Oh, and who are you vilifying right now? Oh yeah, the evil Trump supporters (deplorable populists) and Trump. YOU, by your definition, are the populist. He is your straw man.

Your Big Tech salary differential is pretty irrelevant, too. Hmmm, how much of that salary goes to taxes and the higher cost of living on the West Coast? That salary might make you comfortable in Texas (or Louisiana or Tennessee), but out there not so much. The average price of a house in SF is over $1000 a square foot.

LOLOLOLOL Was Obama a populist? You do realize that your definition of populist is also the definition of a community organizer, right? "
    vilifying a group of some “others” in order to make society better." In his case, he used race.

Oh, and who are you vilifying right now? Oh yeah, the evil Trump supporters (deplorable populists) and Trump. YOU, by your definition, are the populist. He is your straw man.

Your Big Tech salary differential is pretty irrelevant, too. Hmmm, how much of that salary goes to taxes and the higher cost of living on the West Coast? That salary might make you comfortable in Texas (or Louisiana or Tennessee), but out there not so much. The average price of a house in SF is over $1000 a square foot.
    Maybe you missed my Epic Obama thread. I was no fan. Maybe his biggest critic here, until Trump.

Those salaries in Big Tech also are in Washington, where there is no state income tax and cost of living is lower than SF, though higher than metropolitan South. Also, that salary doesn’t include stock benefits in companies that have outperformed the market. What does flyover county offer for people that don’t go to college?

Maybe you missed my Epic Obama thread. I was no fan. Maybe his biggest critic here, until Trump.

Those salaries in Big Tech also are in Washington, where there is no state income tax and cost of living is lower than SF, though higher than metropolitan South. Also, that salary doesn’t include stock benefits in companies that have outperformed the market. What does flyover county offer for people that don’t go to college?
    Normalcy.

Just went and looked around for one of those $200K big tech jobs for high school grads and came up empty. Silly for me to just accept your statement.

Unless you are taking an average, and including Bill Gates in there (a college dropout). If so, I can see why data science was listed as just a "hobby" of yours.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding restraint of interstate commerce by a group of state governors in a national emergency situation, the president's authority is total compared to what those state governors have.

It could be argued that a state governor has authority over commerce within their own state, but when a group of governors start colluding that argument goes out the window.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Regarding restraint of interstate commerce by a group of state governors in a national emergency situation, the president's authority is total compared to what those state governors have.

It could be argued that a state governor has authority over commerce within their own state, but when a group of governors start colluding that argument goes out the window.
    You really think a group of democrat governors would team up to help Nancy and Chuck over what Trump's soon to be announced team recommends?

He hasn't have announced his team(s) or plans yet, but he is being accused of taking a leadership roll. Imagine that! Let's see now...do I want somebody who has the best advisers and has had the real decision making experience or a bunch of governors who think abortion clinics are essential businesses and more taxes is ALWAYS the answer to their poor management.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post

If he has total authority now he had the authority to do something back at the beginning of March (even though he acted like he couldn’t and Republicans rallied around him respecting states rights then).

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Told you, techman05. It was always gonna be the Trumphards that weren’t gonna be satisfied by the body count, and all the bodies haven’t even been counted yet.
    At least you're 100% consistent....WRONG AGAIN!

Just went and looked around for one of those $200K big tech jobs for high school grads and came up empty. Silly for me to just accept your statement.

Unless you are taking an average, and including Bill Gates in there (a college dropout). If so, I can see why data science was listed as just a "hobby" of yours.
    That is because you are a boomer that doesn’t know what you are doing. If you want to find the higher pay (and not your garden variety $130k-150k programmer job) you have to go to the jobs in these companies where the demand and value is - the jobs that build the productivity software that makes fewer jobs needed in flyover country. Cloud, analytics, AI

I know this for a fact and you can take it to the bank. Or you can look it up on zip recruiter.

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salarie...chitect-Salary
    8% of these jobs pay in the range, and you can click through to confirm no education requirement.

Once you collect a couple AWS certifications (taking a few years) - you can get this job, with even higher percentile being over 200k.

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salarie...ssional-Salary

This took me only a couple minutes to find...

+ Reply to Thread