+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 375 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: President Trump

My gawd man! for the past SEVEN years we have been posting about the anemic economy. That there is no recovery. We have posted stats, and links to articles, ad naseum. The real employment and job participation numbers, the poverty numbers, the record numbers on food stamps, the lowest home ownership rate since WWII, so on and so forth....We have bashed the hell out of obummercare.

Just have your "hard working neighbors" read this board, and they won't get blindsided again.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

General Motors to lay off 2,000 employees in Ohio and Michigan starting in January. (While investing in other plants amid record profits.)

http://www.freep.com/story/money/car...offs/93545758/

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't they say that people aren't buying the cars that are made at those plants? Also, as processes become more automated, # of jobs decrease and profits go up. Oil and grease cost less than people. However, lower regulations and lower taxes should lead to more production and more money to invest in rebuilding the workforce. Allowing companies to let people off instead of working 20 hours of overtime each week. Spending more time with family will increase employee morale and increase productivity which will increase profit. This is IMHO the way it SHOULD work.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Just back from a dinner with faculty from the Scholars' College. Guess who they voted for.

They weren't in full meltdown mode, so I'll give them some credit, but it was still funny. One said, "I survived Reagan's election in 1980, guess I can survive this too." I asked him if he survived GW Bush's election in 2000? He looked puzzled by the question, so I added, you look a little pale, wasn't sure if you were dead or alive.

These faculty members have been known to lament that they have 30 students, and only one GA to help grade papers, and.....egad! they are required to keep 10 office hours per week. They must work for slave drivers! What a truly pathetic group of entitled libtards!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Trump has been yelling about being an outsider, so I'm very interested in seeing how he reacts to the lobbyist.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Now little boys know they can preach hate and harass women and still become president.

Looks like white people finally have a chance again.

How does it feel to have the KKK endorsing your president?
    I didn't see your answer to this question. It sucks when the truth is inconvenient doesn't it? You might also want to check out the link of HRC praising her "mentor" Robert Byrd, a former KKK member, or the link to "Joe Biden Groping Women".

"I don't want to hurt them. They're good people." - Donald Trump

Good people? Really?

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    "I don't want to hurt them. They're good people." - Donald Trump

Good people? Really?

i know a really good guy. We were pretty good friends. One of the nicest, smartest guys you could ever meet. Everyone in the La hospital CEO world knows him and thought the world of him. He is currently serving a 15 year prison term in a federal penitentiary and owe's over $7million in restitution for theft, embezzlement, fraud, collusion, and any other related crime you can think of, with government funds.

At least he wasn't selling drugs illegally out of the pharmacy like another I know.

Ford was never leaving.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Ford was never leaving.
    Oh please bless us with your wisdom in how you know/knew this. Surely your superior inside knowledge of all things industrial and political will educate us simpletons with your brilliance.
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    Oh please bless us with your wisdom in how you know/knew this. Surely your superior inside knowledge of all things industrial and political will educate us simpletons with your brilliance.
    Ford has said repeatedly that the Louisville Assembly Plant wasn't closing down and all production moving to Mexico. The plan was for the Louisville plant to drop production of the MKS (only made up 9% of plant output) and to then increase production of the Escape. No jobs were expected to be lost. In fact, that is how it is written into the contract between Ford and UAW.

Also, Trump's rants have been against a supposed plan to shutdown the Michigan Assembly Plant and moving its production to Mexico. He was wrong there, too. The Michigan plant is being retooled to produce a new Bronco and new Ranger (I'm excited for the Bronco, personally. Hopefully it doesn't suck.)

Don't need to have to be an insider to know this (though it could help). Just read the "trades" and leaks and talk to people on it all. Sure, you can call it wishes, promises, and rainbow farts. Just has been zero credible anything about Ford closing shop and leaving anywhere. So, yeah, I'm reasonably sure I can say "Ford was never leaving."

Hell, the conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is more about pumping up Government Motors' stock by hammering Fords reputation.

And I would never call you a simpleton. I would include a comment here that was obviously sarcastic but it would be misconstrued by some.

Side note: Cars aren't much of a moneymaker. That's why you're seeing thoughts of and actual shifting of production from U.S. to Mexico or Canada or wherever; and we will likely see almost zero car production in the US in the next few years (from the Big Three). Instead, trucks, SUVs, and CUVs are the big moneymakers. So production of those are increasing (hence the proposed change in Louisville and actual change in Michigan for Ford). The jobs for those are more lucrative and secure. For now.

Just saw a Ford Motors spokesman on the Bloomberg Financial Channel, that's not what he said. He confirmed Trump's contention that the company was closing the plant, but has reconsidered due to many factors: the possible tariff, and the renewed confidence that the US economy will be robust under Trump, in comparison to 8 years of gloom thanks to obummer.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    the US economy will be robust under Trump.
    I have seen this a lot but have yet to hear how? I've yet to hear an actual plan. He ships his own jobs overseas and faked a college for money

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    I have seen this a lot but have yet to hear how? I've yet to hear an actual plan. He ships his own jobs overseas and faked a college for money
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/economy

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/tax-plan

https://www.thebalance.com/donald-tr...c-plan-3994106

Most people who own a small business, large corporations, investors, entrepreneurs, etc., have a renewed hope and are willing to start taking some risk again. The past climate has been just keep on keeping on and hold on for a better day, just try to maintain and hold on to what you have, only minimal organic growth was taking place. Who wants to work and profit in an environment where you are punished for making more money? No one, I mean absolutely no one, if you can manage to meet all the ever increasing regulations and still make a profit, someone else has their hand out for that also.

I will admit that when Obama was elected not everyone wished him the best, but it was a small minority because most people knew that his failure would mean failures for our economy and country as a whole. Looking at the present landscape out there, I have never seen so many people hoping, wishing, and working to try and make sure a President-elect fails as I see now. Do these people realize that the failure of our President-elect could very well mean the failure of our Country.

The narrow minded segment of folks that are wishing this need to realize that the presidents failure, no matter who it may be, is not good for this country.

+ Reply to Thread